- Joined
- 20 November 2018
- Messages
- 43,297
- Reactions Received
- 75,389
- Location
- In the OCEAN
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 141,854
- Pronouns
- Fish/Mermaid
- Ship
A lot of spoilers so turn away if you dont want any!!!
If you are a fan of the original movies and show (mainly the first movie) drop your expectations allll the way.
TO THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN FLOOR. I should have done that. I should have known they would ruin it.
I grew up with Lilo and Stitch since they originally released the first movie. I'd literally dream the whole movie when I was younger.
One of those 'I can recite it word-for-word kinda movies.'
Seeing how cute they made Stitch in the live action made me really excited. And then they showed who was playing Lilo. Maia is 100% Lilo.
Lilo and Stitch were the only goood parts of the live action. AND YES I did cry.
They kept Stitch's sad walk and when he gets arrested and talks about his broken family but that he found them all on his own. SOBBING!!!!!!!
Lilo didn't beat up Myrtle but she did push her and I get why they opted for a push instead of a punch to the face.
And Pudge the fish was present <3
What was missing.
No Ugly Ducking story. Maybe they wanted to save some of my tears x.x
Gantu. There's no Captain Gantu.
They moved Gantu's villain storyline to Jumba. And Jumba has an American accent
In a world where we have Avatar, Alien, hell even Pirates of the Caribbean >.>
You have Sonic getting a makeover to look less scary but we can't have Gantu????
They removed Jumba's jolly, curious, like-able characteristics to basically have him be Gantu in Jumba's skin.
Stitch never dresses up as Elvis.
The ice cream guy is there but it's not a sunburnt guy tourist.
Pleakly does wear a dress but I feel like they missed an opportunity to cast a drag queen so they can lean better into Pleakly's theatrics and campy nature.
He is trying to blend in but the whole point of his character in the cartoon is that he's so over the top that it's funny other's don't notice he's not human when he is dressed up as one.
All these (except Jumba) I can understand as superficial and ofc they arent trying to make it exactly like the cartoon kinda like Lion King's situation.
BUT the biggest disappointment, they didnt stick with the whole point of the original.
Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind.
The original we have Nani's fight to keep Lilo under her custody and Bubbles sees Lilo is in capable hands with how much Nani risked to save Lilo against o.o aliens so he pretends all the crazy alien chase and house blowing up was a tiny blip. Point being, Nani is still Lilo's guardian.
With the live action, they introduced a new characters, David's grandma, Nani's neighbor.
So when they tell Nani she can't keep her, they give her the option to have her neighbor be Lilo's guardian and then Nani can go to Cali for school. With alien tech, Nani can teleport back to Lilo whenever she wants. But Nani technically lost custody of Lilo.
That is so far from the whole meaning.
Your fight means so much, you keep Lilo turned into your fight is mediocre, here is an option.
Anyways, I'm gonna go watch the original again.
If you are a fan of the original movies and show (mainly the first movie) drop your expectations allll the way.
TO THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN FLOOR. I should have done that. I should have known they would ruin it.
I grew up with Lilo and Stitch since they originally released the first movie. I'd literally dream the whole movie when I was younger.
One of those 'I can recite it word-for-word kinda movies.'
Seeing how cute they made Stitch in the live action made me really excited. And then they showed who was playing Lilo. Maia is 100% Lilo.
Lilo and Stitch were the only goood parts of the live action. AND YES I did cry.
They kept Stitch's sad walk and when he gets arrested and talks about his broken family but that he found them all on his own. SOBBING!!!!!!!
Lilo didn't beat up Myrtle but she did push her and I get why they opted for a push instead of a punch to the face.
And Pudge the fish was present <3
What was missing.
No Ugly Ducking story. Maybe they wanted to save some of my tears x.x
Gantu. There's no Captain Gantu.
They moved Gantu's villain storyline to Jumba. And Jumba has an American accent
You have Sonic getting a makeover to look less scary but we can't have Gantu????
They removed Jumba's jolly, curious, like-able characteristics to basically have him be Gantu in Jumba's skin.
Stitch never dresses up as Elvis.
The ice cream guy is there but it's not a sunburnt guy tourist.
Pleakly does wear a dress but I feel like they missed an opportunity to cast a drag queen so they can lean better into Pleakly's theatrics and campy nature.
He is trying to blend in but the whole point of his character in the cartoon is that he's so over the top that it's funny other's don't notice he's not human when he is dressed up as one.
All these (except Jumba) I can understand as superficial and ofc they arent trying to make it exactly like the cartoon kinda like Lion King's situation.
BUT the biggest disappointment, they didnt stick with the whole point of the original.
Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind.
The original we have Nani's fight to keep Lilo under her custody and Bubbles sees Lilo is in capable hands with how much Nani risked to save Lilo against o.o aliens so he pretends all the crazy alien chase and house blowing up was a tiny blip. Point being, Nani is still Lilo's guardian.
With the live action, they introduced a new characters, David's grandma, Nani's neighbor.
So when they tell Nani she can't keep her, they give her the option to have her neighbor be Lilo's guardian and then Nani can go to Cali for school. With alien tech, Nani can teleport back to Lilo whenever she wants. But Nani technically lost custody of Lilo.
That is so far from the whole meaning.
Your fight means so much, you keep Lilo turned into your fight is mediocre, here is an option.