News Skyrim-inspired Manga Revealed (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,782
Reactions Received
6,809
Location
StarlightGalaxy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male


This is Niche Culture. In this column, we regularly cover anime, geek culture, and things related to video games. Please leave feedback and let us know if there’s something you want us to cover!

Despite releasing over seven years ago and being a single player RPG, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrimremains a popular game still played by many today. The game has been ported to VR, received official cookbooks, and now – a Japanese manga.

The new manga is titled I Used to be the Strongest Sorcerer. Then I Took an Arrow in the Knee and Became a Village Guard. That’s quite the mouthful.

The story is, as the name implies, focused on the strongest spellcaster that takes an arrow to the knee, and then retires to be a lowly guard.

The catch is that the powerful wizard retires to a quiet, rural village, and the story takes on a slice of life style. The manga is based on a light novel that came out a couple years ago, penned by Japanese novelists Ezo Gingitsune and Ayano Masaki, while the manga was handled by Teddy.

You can read fan-translated volumes of I Used to be the Strongest Sorcerer. Then I Took an Arrow in the Knee and Became a Village Guard here via Mangadex.

It’s worth reiterating this is not an official spinoff for Skyrim, rather inspired by its popular “I took an arrow in the knee” meme.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is currently available for Windows PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,782
Reactions Received
6,809
Location
StarlightGalaxy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Not sure if Skyrim-inspired is the right term to use? But it does make a very obvious nod to Skyrim's iconic "until I took an arrow to the knee" quote lmfao. That's a long ass title.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I actually got interested cause of the ridiculous title and read a bit. I don't think there has been lot of it released and it's quite basic stuff, nth too interesting happening, but it's somewhat funny and i mean the idea behind it is quite hilarious ^^;
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rukia
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,782
Reactions Received
6,809
Location
StarlightGalaxy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I actually got interested cause of the ridiculous title and read a bit. I don't think there has been lot of it released and it's quite basic stuff, nth too interesting happening, but it's somewhat funny and i mean the idea behind it is quite hilarious ^^;
Reading that title, I almost thought it was one of those ridiculously long Light Novel titles lol. Based on the sypnosis, it's going for a more lighthearted slice-of-life approach. It's probably just another comedy show lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Reading that title, I almost thought it was one of those ridiculously long Light Novel titles lol. Based on the sypnosis, it's going for a more lighthearted slice-of-life approach. It's probably just another comedy show lol.
It's quite comedy show in fantasy setting, has some battles and despite his unfortunate knee-injury- overpowered protagonist.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread