COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Appreciation SM finally explaining the story of Black Mamba (2 Viewers)

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
somewhat
After teasing the group members in short introductory videos, aespa officially kicked things off November 17th with the dynamic “Black Mamba.” With its growling bassline bounding right out of the gate and rapid shout in unison “Hey!”, it was clear these girls were taking no prisoners. Sure enough the first verse propels in a syncopated rhythm, riding the off-beat with attitude. Immediately I could make out the codewords “my aespa” and “SYNK out” as we roll into the bass drop chorus. Looking up the English lyrics in the music video, my curiosity is peaked with the line “This communion, your existence brings me to another dimension.” The whole song is a dossier on aespa’s concept and lore, a statement of who they are and cryptic teases of what they’re about. The war cry of “Aya ya ya ya ya ya” in the chorus exudes confidence as does the stuttered “Ma Ma Ma Mamba,” forewarning listeners to brace for impact. For a debut track, “Black Mamba” is sheer brilliance, a powerful expression of aespa’s multifaced talents, and real headbanger at that. The crisp, dynamic vocals are right there at the forefront, as is that classic SMP (SM Music Performance) sound with its heavy beats and sweeping arrangement. A month later and I still grin widely when it comes on, happily hitting repeat.
Come for the song, stay for the performance. The music video for “Black Mamba” only elevates the magic it exudes, serving as visual appetizer for aespa’s burgeoning artistry. The choreography grabs hold of my attention with its sharp movements and energetic key points. Dropping to their knees and shifting weight left to right at the chorus is the most spellbinding, conjuring serpentine imagery with their contorted twists. And while the color palette is brimming with pinks and purples and the styling young and feminine, there are some increasingly darker cutaways simmering throughout the video. A monstrous black mamba slithers across the scenery before seemingly taking over KARINA as her eyes go black and she is transported to another realm controlled by an evil empress. The chorus lyric “You wander this KWANGYA/ I can’t lose against you,” is a call to arms as the members seek help in the form of enigmatic, animated avatars who unite to destroy the snake and send it back from whence it came. But a sinister tease at the end hints that the battle has just begun.
Though only shown briefly, we do get a glimpse of ae-aespa, the members’ virtual reality selves. Meant to transcend boundaries between the real world and the virtual one, ae-aespa is certainly one of the most striking aspects of the group and lays the groundwork for developing a unique universe all their own. How their mythos will expand is yet to be seen, but I’m eager to learn more about the avatars and what exactly the terms ‘FLAT,’ ‘SYNK,’ and ‘KWANGYA’ entail. Eagle-eyed fans are already on the hunt for clues and pitching theories. One of note is the idea of a shared multiverse where all SM artists coexist. While aespa’s group logo was teased at the end of SuperM’s music video for “One (Monster & Infinity),” we were treated to a similar tease of BoA at the end of “Black Mamba.” I love a mystery, so I appreciate that aespa’s debut song doesn’t give everything away all at once. SM has always been a leader in music and technology, and it’s apparent a lot of forethought has gone into aespa’s groundbreaking concept. If “Black Mamba” is the appetizer of what’s to come, I’m excited for the endless possibilities yet to be uncovered.

It reads like a poor kid trying to reach minimum word count though

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
somewhat
After teasing the group members in short introductory videos, aespa officially kicked things off November 17th with the dynamic “Black Mamba.” With its growling bassline bounding right out of the gate and rapid shout in unison “Hey!”, it was clear these girls were taking no prisoners. Sure enough the first verse propels in a syncopated rhythm, riding the off-beat with attitude. Immediately I could make out the codewords “my aespa” and “SYNK out” as we roll into the bass drop chorus. Looking up the English lyrics in the music video, my curiosity is peaked with the line “This communion, your existence brings me to another dimension.” The whole song is a dossier on aespa’s concept and lore, a statement of who they are and cryptic teases of what they’re about. The war cry of “Aya ya ya ya ya ya” in the chorus exudes confidence as does the stuttered “Ma Ma Ma Mamba,” forewarning listeners to brace for impact. For a debut track, “Black Mamba” is sheer brilliance, a powerful expression of aespa’s multifaced talents, and real headbanger at that. The crisp, dynamic vocals are right there at the forefront, as is that classic SMP (SM Music Performance) sound with its heavy beats and sweeping arrangement. A month later and I still grin widely when it comes on, happily hitting repeat.
Come for the song, stay for the performance. The music video for “Black Mamba” only elevates the magic it exudes, serving as visual appetizer for aespa’s burgeoning artistry. The choreography grabs hold of my attention with its sharp movements and energetic key points. Dropping to their knees and shifting weight left to right at the chorus is the most spellbinding, conjuring serpentine imagery with their contorted twists. And while the color palette is brimming with pinks and purples and the styling young and feminine, there are some increasingly darker cutaways simmering throughout the video. A monstrous black mamba slithers across the scenery before seemingly taking over KARINA as her eyes go black and she is transported to another realm controlled by an evil empress. The chorus lyric “You wander this KWANGYA/ I can’t lose against you,” is a call to arms as the members seek help in the form of enigmatic, animated avatars who unite to destroy the snake and send it back from whence it came. But a sinister tease at the end hints that the battle has just begun.
Though only shown briefly, we do get a glimpse of ae-aespa, the members’ virtual reality selves. Meant to transcend boundaries between the real world and the virtual one, ae-aespa is certainly one of the most striking aspects of the group and lays the groundwork for developing a unique universe all their own. How their mythos will expand is yet to be seen, but I’m eager to learn more about the avatars and what exactly the terms ‘FLAT,’ ‘SYNK,’ and ‘KWANGYA’ entail. Eagle-eyed fans are already on the hunt for clues and pitching theories. One of note is the idea of a shared multiverse where all SM artists coexist. While aespa’s group logo was teased at the end of SuperM’s music video for “One (Monster & Infinity),” we were treated to a similar tease of BoA at the end of “Black Mamba.” I love a mystery, so I appreciate that aespa’s debut song doesn’t give everything away all at once. SM has always been a leader in music and technology, and it’s apparent a lot of forethought has gone into aespa’s groundbreaking concept. If “Black Mamba” is the appetizer of what’s to come, I’m excited for the endless possibilities yet to be uncovered.

It reads like a poor kid trying to reach minimum word count though
Im not a college professor grading term papers or any teacher giving out marks so my eyes glazed over n i just tuned out, i enjoy the song n performance(but even more since i started biasing Winter) but its not a theory of relativity level worthy thingie. Try again kid n KISS, keep it simple SM.

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
Im not a college professor grading term papers or any teacher giving out marks so my eyes glazed over n i just tuned out, i enjoy the song n performance(but even more since i started biasing Winter) but its not a theory of relativity level worthy thingie. Try again kid n KISS, keep it simple SM.
I’m so confused since idk if it’s sm sm? like the company def have to approve that for them to post, but the quality :yolk:
i should take tips from this Kyle

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Yeah I don’t get it

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I’m so confused since idk if it’s sm sm? like the company def have to approve that for them to post, but the quality :yolk:
i should take tips from this Kyle
Maybe they got hacked by a precocious 14 yr old with a college brain but verbose(r than me, even) LOL. (Needs an AI now to do language analysis of content, SM where's ur æ when u need 1?

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Explaining it has only made it more convoluted :wimwim:
It's a song about Aespa's concept and their universe, the Kwangya- I get it. Let's leave it at that :wimwim:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
but stan aespa y’all :shamesica:

Soogi

radical kyeominist
Reactions Received
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
KYEOM CULT
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
i was too busy bopping to the song that i didnt even realize there's a plot, im too dense for this :we_kpopsourcing:

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
i was too busy bopping to the song that i didnt even realize there's a plot, im too dense for this :we_kpopsourcing:
honestly I'm still hoping that the plot thing will be temporary, like for exo, but SM seems wayy too invested in it :yolk:

Soogi

radical kyeominist
Reactions Received
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
KYEOM CULT
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
honestly I'm still hoping that the plot thing will be temporary, like for exo, but SM seems wayy too invested in it :yolk:
sm was so busy wondering if they could that they never stopped to ask if they should :shamesica:

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
sm was so busy wondering if they could that they never stopped to ask if they should :shamesica:
I'm not super weirded out by it, but boy am I tired of seeing the aespa tag on tumblr get clogged by those unpopular opinion posts

Soogi

radical kyeominist
Reactions Received
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
KYEOM CULT
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
I'm not super weirded out by it, but boy am I tired of seeing the aespa tag on tumblr get clogged by those unpopular opinion posts
yea tbh i dont really mind the virtual idol aspect myself and i sure love some good symbolism in mv's and songs, i just think sm's elaborate storylines tend to fly over most people's heads ;;

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
yea tbh i dont really mind the virtual idol aspect myself and i sure love some good symbolism in mv's and songs, i just think sm's elaborate storylines tend to fly over most people's heads ;;
I think they overestimate how much people like to make up theories
not every fandom are like orbits :wimwim:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread