So I finished Black Butler season 2 last night.... (1 Viewer)

Joined
5 March 2019
Messages
2,571
Reactions Received
7,514
Location
beomgyu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
ATINY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
Well....I don't know if I'm supposed to like him or not....because I'm still a little confused....but Alois :pepecry2: He was one of my favorite characters and- my friends didn't warn me and- my heart- I sat on the toilet crying for like 20 minutes no lie:sadcat:

@Anime
 
  • Haha
Reactions: NASA

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm so sorry that i'm the first comment but I hate Alois so much :yolk:

He could've been an okay character if they didn't focus so much on fanservice first of all, the entire plot of season 2 is just a mess because they made it almost entirely for fanservice that trying to make the story make sense was an afterthought, it feels like they just put a bunch of tropes in a hat and pulled some out and then tried smashing them all together, trying to make a decent story at all just wasn't really on their radar as long as it was still cringy fanfic worthy... I don't mind characters that are just totally vile people really as long as it's relevant to the plot and actually moves it forward, but Alois was just the absolute worst for absolutely no reason and next to Ciel it's even more pointless because Ciel ends up so much better than him anyway just from being slightly less cruel and childish. But the most pointless thing of it all is the fact that none of season 2 is actually canon, like absolutely nothing, so it all feels a bit like 'well what's the point then?', only about half of season 1 was canon to the manga apparently but it's not that hard to work out where it starts to diverge and I haven't touched the manga. Every Black Butler release after this season has in fact been canon though and season 3 is my favourite, literally everything that came out after season 2 is a 10 on my Anime List for me.

I didn't totally hate watching season 2 since most of my critiques of it aren't really that relevant when you consider that literally the entire point of season 2 was for fanservice and milking the hype as much as possible rather than following the actual plot anyway and I did have fun watching it (basically everything except for the weird fanservice... which is most of it) but looking at everything that's come after it i'd much rather the studio just skipped making season 2 all together and made something else that actually followed the source material, cuz everything that does follow the source material has been phenomenal.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: ddeonghwaaa

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
alois annoyed me a bit but his hair is really nice
 
  • Haha
Reactions: ddeonghwaaa
Joined
5 March 2019
Messages
2,571
Reactions Received
7,514
Location
beomgyu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
ATINY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
I'm so sorry that i'm the first comment but I hate Alois so much :yolk:

He could've been an okay character if they didn't focus so much on fanservice first of all, the entire plot of season 2 is just a mess because they made it almost entirely for fanservice that trying to make the story make sense was an afterthought, it feels like they just put a bunch of tropes in a hat and pulled some out and then tried smashing them all together, trying to make a decent story at all just wasn't really on their radar as long as it was still cringy fanfic worthy... I don't mind characters that are just totally vile people really as long as it's relevant to the plot and actually moves it forward, but Alois was just the absolute worst for absolutely no reason and next to Ciel it's even more pointless because Ciel ends up so much better than him anyway just from being slightly less cruel and childish. But the most pointless thing of it all is the fact that none of season 2 is actually canon, like absolutely nothing, so it all feels a bit like 'well what's the point then?', only about half of season 1 was canon to the manga apparently but it's not that hard to work out where it starts to diverge and I haven't touched the manga. Every Black Butler release after this season has in fact been canon though and season 3 is my favourite, literally everything that came out after season 2 is a 10 on my Anime List for me.

I didn't totally hate watching season 2 since most of my critiques of it aren't really that relevant when you consider that literally the entire point of season 2 was for fanservice and milking the hype as much as possible rather than following the actual plot anyway and I did have fun watching it (basically everything except for the weird fanservice... which is most of it) but looking at everything that's come after it i'd much rather the studio just skipped making season 2 all together and made something else that actually followed the source material, cuz everything that does follow the source material has been phenomenal.
i......its okay :pepecry1:

I will admit that they did put quite a bit of fanservice in this season. I just kind of felt bad for him. Him loosing hiss brother and then having Claude turn on him like that. But as I told my friend......I like the mean/childish characters:zoomeyes:

But i get where your coming from. Season 2 wasn't as good as the first season. In fact, the last few episodes had me kind of confused oof it was kind of all over the place.
 
Joined
5 March 2019
Messages
2,571
Reactions Received
7,514
Location
beomgyu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
ATINY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
alois annoyed me a bit but his hair is really nice
maybe i like him because hes blonde.....i do have a thing for blonde anime guys:zoomeyes::pepecry1:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: daesuki

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
  • Haha
Reactions: ddeonghwaaa

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread