COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

So I finished Tokyo Ghoul season 1 yesterday... (1 Viewer)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Well that was an interesting watch to say the least...
When my friend recommended it I expected it to be a gore fest, and it is somewhat (although I kinda wanted to see the severed arms and cutting off of heads and such cause it's fun) but what really impressed me wasn't that but the way the story wasn't a normal anime story and there was nothing standard in the entirety of the season. I was waiting for a moment where Kaneki would just snap and save the person in every single situation but he instead remained weak until the literally last episode.

I still do not understand why exactly his hair turned white? And the way Riza manipulated him into going awol was... questionable? The things before his mom made no sense, the part where she shouldn't have helped her sister... well I sorta agree lmao, I feel evil but it's true... you can't go on living off of someone else, it's parasitic... I'm pumped to watch the second season now!

Hope more Kaneki killing people is coming :areyouforreal: But ones that deserve it lol and ofc best girl... we all know who best girl is and lastly the CCG guy to get a power-up or smn and be on equal terms with Kaneki

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Kaneki's hair changing was attributed to marie antoinette syndrome
you can read more about it online

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Fascinating :susPepe: Didn't expect a rational explanation to be completely honest

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Fascinating :susPepe: Didn't expect a rational explanation to be completely honest
Couple months late but another theory is that it's also supposed to signify his 'mental progression'. There's a video that explains pretty much everything but it has a lot of spoilers in it for future seasons if OP hasn't watched further than season 1 yet, but the main reason for his hair turning at the end of season 1 was because Kaneki had accepted the ghoul side of him after his mind essentially being unravelled heheh by Jason's torture, and it's also a visual representation of how Kaneki views the world of humans and ghouls as black and white, as if they're two different worlds and he's stuck in between them. Marie Antoinette syndrome is considered to be the more realistic aspect of it athough obviously realistically his hair wouldn't turn completely white in a matter of seconds. It's more an excuse to be able to use his hair colour to signify mental progression without people calling bullshit but it's not the main focus of why his hair changes colour. I reccommend you watch the video explaining it all if either you've completed the entire Tokyo Ghoul series OR you don't mind the spoilers lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
tbh when kaneki had white hair iT WAS KINDA HOT DON'T @ ME :maheart:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread