So I just learned that China uses voice actors... (1 Viewer)

Joined
16 February 2020
Messages
462
Reactions Received
1,176
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
To voice over actors for dramas and all that. No wonder a lot of characters sound the same and why they sound like the characters in a game that I downloaded. But on the side note does Chinese entertainment use the same voice actors over and over again, like it's weird why does everyone sound the same. Also with this information I would assume that Chinese entertainment would have stricter standards on actors since they would have to rely on expressions yet.... Let's say I question a lot of why some actors are a lil not fitted for the job...or is it just the script. I don't know anymore ksjdjfksjf
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka and potato

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
It’s because the actors/actresses might have an accent or be from a different country. They may have also been too much noise when they were recording so they dubbed over their voices. I don’t really notice it with high quality dramas (probably because I don’t know CHinese) so it doesn’t bother me too much.

They dub it over movies and serials in my country too, although they use the real voices of the actors most of the time. It’s really obvious in serials so it annoys me a lot. I wonder if that’s how the Chinese feel when they watch the dramas lol. For movies, the dubbing is done a lot better so it’s less noticeable. I assume it’s the same in China.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shimmer

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I heard that there was a case where a pretty girl sung the national anthem, but it was in reality a different girl singing. They didn't want the public to see her though because they thought she was too ugly. I don't know if this is common, but maybe that has something to do with it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shimmer
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I heard that there was a case where a pretty girl sung the national anthem, but it was in reality a different girl singing. They didn't want the public to see her though because they thought she was too ugly. I don't know if this is common, but maybe that has something to do with it.

Yes, this was during Beijing Olympics 2008
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka and Shimmer
Joined
16 February 2020
Messages
462
Reactions Received
1,176
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I heard that there was a case where a pretty girl sung the national anthem, but it was in reality a different girl singing. They didn't want the public to see her though because they thought she was too ugly. I don't know if this is common, but maybe that has something to do with it.
This reminds me of the movie 200 lbs of beauty. I feel sad for the girl, she has talent but because of her looks....
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread