Some clarifications about all the Covid-19 controversies (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Disclaimer : I think that all the idols involved into these controversies were careless one way or another but I also saw a lot of misinformation about the situation so that’s why I am making this thread.

I don’t have something to say about Gyuri because there isn’t a lot of information about her.

For the alpaca party, the party didn’t take place in Itaewon apparently.




For Mino, it was a private party who didn’t take place in Itaewon and not a club.





The 97line, now, the most tricky case. The journalist who revealed the Burning Sun scandal, Kang Kyung Hoon also revealed today that they attended a restaurant and a bar not a club. It used to be a club but not anymore. It still wasn’t their most clever decision anyways.

20F38884-D314-4B7D-9F0A-2AE331E91248.jpeg


And last but not least : the timeline of all these events.

The 97line : April 25th
Mino : May 3th
The birthday party : May 9th

At all these dates, social distancing was still a thing but the whole system has been loosened up. The Korean man who infected a lot of people in Itaewon was one week after the 97 line visit ( May 1st). Jaehyun and Eunwoo were accused of not respecting the self-quarantine after their visit but that’s why :



May 10 - “KCDC noted that anyone who visited clubs in Itaewon District (in Yongsan-gu, Seoul) from the end of April to 6 May are likely to have been exposed to the virus. KCDC asked these people to: (1) Stay home. (2) Contact a local public health center or dial 1339 (KCDC call center) and follow the instructions of the public health center.” Source (KCDC Press Release 2020.05.10)

Before May 11, the KCDC only asked people to get tested if they visited Itaewon clubs from April 29 (evening)-May 6 (morning). Visitors outside of that time period were asked to get tested only if they experienced symptoms

May 11 - “Noting that anyone who visited any of the nightlife entertainment venues including any clubs or bars from 24 April to 6 May is likely tohave been exposed to the virus, KCDC asked everyone who visited these locations during the above period to: - (1) Stay home. - (2) Contact a local public health center or dial 1339 (KCDC call center). - (3) Visit a screening clinic to get tested, regardless of symptoms.”

On May 11th, two weeks had already passed and that’s also why Eunwoo and Jaehyun had official schedule between April 26th and May 11th, even afterward.


My two cent on the subject : Even if the social distancing system was less strict back then (Korea had very few cases until the end of April), I don’t think that it was a wise idea to went out in all these places for everyone especially when some of these idols were promoting social distancing and security measures against the pandemic. However they are receiving a lot of unnecessary hate and some of the news about all these controversies aren’t exact.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yeah I agree, it was a bad idea some people have overreacted and are willing to believe anything they hear. It's just frustrating to me that people even take such an interest in this for no purpose but to drag them down when in reality they don't care that much about the virus.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Yeah I agree, it was a bad idea some people have overreacted and are willing to believe anything they hear. It's just frustrating to me that people even take such an interest in this for no purpose but to drag them down when in reality they don't care that much about the virus.
I think that some people are really disappointed and concerned about the pandemic but I also think that it was a way for some antis to drag them. Without speaking about the delulus who went wild because oppa was allegedly caught grinding against « a half-naked woman » or in a gay bar/club. The two versions are contradictory but antis don’t care.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think that some people are really disappointed and concerned about the pandemic but I also think that it was a way for some antis to drag them. Without speaking about the delulus who went wild because oppa was allegedly caught grinding against « a half-naked woman » or In a gay bar/club. The two versions are contradictory but antis don’t care.
Dang i didn't hear about that bit :haylul:
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,318
Reactions Received
76,679
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,960
Ship
Wreck
Gyuris agency and herself verified that she was the popular female idol seen at the gay bar and apologised with the only thing up in the air is whether she was wearing a mask as people claimed no, she said she never took it off and her agency said she only took it off for 5 minutes.

As for the situation as a whole well you have to keep in mind that these are people who get mad at idols dating and potentially catching and spreading coronavirus is a more understandable reason to get mad.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Gyuris agency and herself verified that she was the popular female idol seen at the gay bar and apologised with the only thing up in the air is whether she was wearing a mask as people claimed no, she said she never took it off and her agency said she only took it off for 5 minutes.

As for the situation as a whole well you have to keep in mind that these are people who get mad at idols dating and potentially catching and spreading coronavirus is a more understandable reason to get mad.
Thank for the clarification about Gyuri.
Yes. I understand that. I am myself bothered about the news. Gyuri and Hyomin are my biases and I stan BTS/Winner. I am not going to lie : It bothered me too but I read some much versions that I just decided to do my own research.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,318
Reactions Received
76,679
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,960
Ship
Wreck
Thank for the clarification about Gyuri.
Yes. I understand that. I am myself bothered about the news. Gyuri and Hyomin are my biases and I stan BTS/Winner. I am not going to lie : It bothered me too but I read some much versions that I just decided to do my own research.
It's a tough situation and while not the most comforting thing to here given the situation there are health professionals who have said that a second wave when reopening is basically inevitable and what matters is knowing how to respond to get it under control quickly.

It is still foolish of them to be going out but returning to "normal life" is a road that has to be crossed eventually and there are gonna be people who will and some of those will be careless and might go shopping the day after going out which you couldn't know about that.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
It's a tough situation and while not the most comforting thing to here given the situation there are health professionals who have said that a second wave when reopening is basically inevitable and what matters is knowing how to respond to get it under control quickly.

It is still foolish of them to be going out but returning to "normal life" is a road that has to be crossed eventually and there are gonna be people who will and some of those will be careless and might go shopping the day after going out which you couldn't know about that.
It’s indeed a delicate situation. That’s why I think it’s better to stay very careful.
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
When I saw an article about Gyuri I was like aw damn she's prolly gonna get cancelled, when I saw an article about 97 line and my boy Jungkook I was like oh no this won't blow over well, and then the next article came about about another group of celebrities and eventually I was just like 'damn there's probably even more to come too, are people really gonna keep getting mad as it gets more and more apparent that it was an honest mistake a LOT of people made?' and I stopped feeling worried about the backlash all these celebs and my faves were gonna get cuz even for netizens it's pretty difficult to continue to reprimand more and more people for making the same mistake... they all likely know quite a few people themselves who've been ignoring social distancing possibly even including themselves.

Of course maintaining social distancing right now is incredibly important but there are so many people who maybe aren't being as careful as they should still and it's no use going after every single one of them, just a call out and a warning is fine and did all the work to make sure these idols take it more seriously, it should stop there.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Evergreen
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
the main problem is hypocrisy.

"yeah stay home guys, I'm gonna go to COVID awareness events and shoot videos about social distancing, to make myself look better, and then I'm gonna go to the club afterward, where its basically impossible to do the things that i just tried spreading awareness for, but um yeah you guys should stay home!"

that's the energy that I get from some of these idols lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Evergreen

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think this is just another way for some to get mad at idols for.

I do think they were careless but it's their life at the end of the day.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread