Sensitive Some of these coronavirus theories are getting a bit infuriating (1 Viewer)

NASA

3α‘’273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3α‘’ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
I keep seeing things like this posted on a British meme page... One or two theories is fine but the fact that people are pushing this is really annoying. I think if Covid-19 really was going around the UK as early as December and January we would've known about it. Even currently knowing about the virus, it's still spreading at an alarming rate with people being careful and hospitals are being overwhelmed. If the disease was spreading while we were unaware of it then there would have been even more serious cases. Covid-19 isn't just flu symptoms, it can seriously damage your respiratory system if you're not lucky. Maybe I shouldn't be getting too upset over this cuz i've only seen it from a meme page but I still think that spreading theories like this, especially as facts can be harmful, because the people in these tweets clearly haven't really educated themselves on what the dangers of Covid-19 really are and they're mistaking it with a common cold. You can make up your theories after the world recovers but spreading theories as fact right when we need to be at our most cautious is not it, what if some gullible people believe this and start thinking smth like 'oh I had flu like symptoms in December, I bet i've had it! I'm probably immune so i'm fine' and then they stop being so cautious and end up spreading the virus further because they didn't bother to actually educate themselves?
89913221_1054054448404475_9012675754655219712_n.jpg


Okay rant over to lighten up the mood of this thread i'm gonna post some good coronavirus memes that are genuinely funny and aren't harmful

90025944_1054081585068428_5660398521077989376_n.jpg
90258412_10158015408964904_3740879247384772608_o.jpg
89926932_2619237075031786_990959803998142464_n.jpg
89853124_119892639613641_7814212925102489600_n.jpg
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
the only theory I genuinely believe is that it was accidentally brought outside of a lab.

Think about it. There is a lab in China where the virus was researched. Guess where that was? Wuhan. There was a Canadian couple that went to the lab to research it for their research facility back home. Guess who were fired after the virus broke out? The couple.
It isn't the first time this has happened too. I remember that my teacher told me that one of the four Ebola outbreaks in history was caused because a dude was a bit careless and brought it outside the lab.

All the other theories are bullshit imo.
 

NASA

3α‘’273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3α‘’ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
the only theory I genuinely believe is that it was accidentally brought outside of a lab.

Think about it. There is a lab in China where the virus was researched. Guess where that was? Wuhan. There was a Canadian couple that went to the lab to research it for their research facility back home. Guess who were fired after the virus broke out? The couple.
It isn't the first time this has happened too. I remember that my teacher told me that one of the four Ebola outbreaks in history was caused because a dude was a bit careless and brought it outside the lab.

All the other theories are bullshit imo.
That's an interesting theory, I don't mind those kinds though since it doesn't have racist undertones and it isn't gonna make gullible people be less careful u know? Also thanks for finally replying :wimwim: @Vikki @blueberries @kinnie @wayvoutsold y'all I appreciate the likes but I feel so awkward if no one says anything :nekoshy::nekoshy::nekoshy::nekoshy: I'm up in here ranting and y'all are like πŸ‘:ilovebread: :dubuwave:

:wimwim:
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
That's an interesting theory, I don't mind those kinds though since it doesn't have racist undertones and it isn't gonna make gullible people be less careful u know? Also thanks for finally replying :wimwim: @Vikki @blueberries @kinnie @wayvoutsold y'all I appreciate the likes but I feel so awkward if no one says anything :nekoshy::nekoshy::nekoshy::nekoshy: I'm up in here ranting and y'all are like πŸ‘:ilovebread: :dubuwave:

:wimwim:
No problem!

This is to this day the most believable theory out there tbh.
The bats one is most known but it was proven to be wrong
Also the one with the book is just fabricated bs
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
2,294
Reactions Received
10,938
Location
Neo City
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
Some of the memes are funny, but a lot of them go too far. Especially ones that spread misinformation or try to downplay the situation.

@NASA how’s that :kijoongstare:
 

NASA

3α‘’273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3α‘’ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Well considering there were multiple colds and flus going round in London particularly between December and January..it wouldnt be that far fetched considering we do have alot of Chinese tourist all year round especially during the new year. there we alot of warnings from nursery to nursery about multiple colds, vitus and such as usual that's the only reason why I would know, but other people wouldnt necessarily so it could of easily slipped through the radar for a while as no one was really focused on covid19 during that time but I still doubt that conspiracy anyway.

But I have questioned it myself since I got quite ill from the beginning of january til the beginning feb. I started with a cough high temp, got better then it turned into the flu then got better.. Then the third time is it was horrible like my lungs hurt and cough again too and it was difficult to breathe sometimes.. But at this point I hadn't really investigated into the virus of yet. So I treated each case as normal illnesses they we are 2 day space of feeling better then the next illness came, plus me getting ill more frequently is not surprising since I work with young kids, they are extreme germ carriers.

I havent been sick since then tbh but I could have had it and not realised, I don't really know.
But alot of the conspiracies are ridiculous here anyway..some could be pausible but without concrete evidence it will stay pure conspiracy.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,181
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,452
Ship
Wreck
From confirmed information it has been around at least since the 1st of December with one report saying it could have been around since 17th of November at the earliest and we know that you can carry it undetected without showing symptoms so especially being around Christmas time where people travel a lot the chances of it being around isn't unlikely.

As for the seriousness of it from currently confirmed people 96% of people who get it are in mild condition so on average you are more likely to get a mild case of it than you are a serious one but the thing to keep in mind there that is confirmed cases.

It being just confirmed cases is important as the only real alarming symptom it has over the cold or flu is shortness of breath which isn't the most likely symptom so for all the cases there are out there, there are also plenty we won't know about simply because people stayed at home and got over it or possibly died at home.

The biggest problem is we live in a time where people want things instant and you just can't learn everything about a disease in a day it'll take months, maybe years or even decades to research this as who knows what's causing it to range from mild cases people get over within a week or being a serious case like pneumonia.

The only thing people really need to focus on right now is that it can kill people and if it doesn't kill you it could make you more suspectible to other stuff or even itself as what if you get it once and only get a mild case but then you get it again and you get pneumonia is that 1st case even going to help you then? We have no way of knowing that currently.

Just stay at home as much as possible, do not touch your face unless you know with 100% certainty that your hands are clean and wait for a cure for it because the biggest part of this is if you get it you are on your own until a cure is found.
 

NASA

3α‘’273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3α‘’ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
Well considering there were multiple colds and flus going round in London particularly between December and January..it wouldnt be that far fetched considering we do have alot of Chinese tourist all year round especially during the new year. there we alot of warnings from nursery to nursery about multiple colds, vitus and such as usual that's the only reason why I would know, but other people wouldnt necessarily so it could of easily slipped through the radar for a while as no one was really focused on covid19 during that time but I still doubt that conspiracy anyway.

But I have questioned it myself since I got quite ill from the beginning of january til the beginning feb. I started with a cough high temp, got better then it turned into the flu then got better.. Then the third time is it was horrible like my lungs hurt and cough again too and it was difficult to breathe sometimes.. But at this point I hadn't really investigated into the virus of yet. So I treated each case as normal illnesses they we are 2 day space of feeling better then the next illness came, plus me getting ill more frequently is not surprising since I work with young kids, they are extreme germ carriers.

I havent been sick since then tbh but I could have had it and not realised, I don't really know.
But alot of the conspiracies are ridiculous here anyway..some could be pausible but without concrete evidence it will stay pure conspiracy.
From confirmed information it has been around at least since the 1st of December with one report saying it could have been around since 17th of November at the earliest and we know that you can carry it undetected without showing symptoms so especially being around Christmas time where people travel a lot the chances of it being around isn't unlikely.

As for the seriousness of it from currently confirmed people 96% of people who get it are in mild condition so on average you are more likely to get a mild case of it than you are a serious one but the thing to keep in mind there that is confirmed cases.

It being just confirmed cases is important as the only real alarming symptom it has over the cold or flu is shortness of breath which isn't the most likely symptom so for all the cases there are out there, there are also plenty we won't know about simply because people stayed at home and got over it or possibly died at home.

The biggest problem is we live in a time where people want things instant and you just can't learn everything about a disease in a day it'll take months, maybe years or even decades to research this as who knows what's causing it to range from mild cases people get over within a week or being a serious case like pneumonia.

The only thing people really need to focus on right now is that it can kill people and if it doesn't kill you it could make you more suspectible to other stuff or even itself as what if you get it once and only get a mild case but then you get it again and you get pneumonia is that 1st case even going to help you then? We have no way of knowing that currently.

Just stay at home as much as possible, do not touch your face unless you know with 100% certainty that your hands are clean and wait for a cure for it because the biggest part of this is if you get it you are on your own until a cure is found.
See I think the theory would be plausible if it weren't for the fact that the disease spreads so easily, especially at Christmas time when everyone's out seeing their family including parents and grandparents I think we would have noticed if vulnerable people started getting seriously ill and dying of a flu like virus more than usual. And with how quickly and easily the virus spreads it wouldn't have just been a small unnoticable number that started getting seriously ill. If we really did have the virus back in November/December then we should be much further into the virus running its course than we currently are but the virus has only just taken hold of the country since the beginning of March.

If there were actual scientific reports explaining how the virus could have been present outside of China since as early as November then I will eat my words but currently I think spreading rumors like this especially making them out to be factual like the gullible people of twitter are doing is just really harmful. I think discussing possibilities of the rumors like we are doing now is fine because we're just clearly discussing our ideas on how it could be true or not but the way others are doing it is far more harmful and they're the ones getting sensationalized and I think that really needs to stop.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,181
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,452
Ship
Wreck
See I think the theory would be plausible if it weren't for the fact that the disease spreads so easily, especially at Christmas time when everyone's out seeing their family including parents and grandparents I think we would have noticed if vulnerable people started getting seriously ill and dying of a flu like virus more than usual. And with how quickly and easily the virus spreads it wouldn't have just been a small unnoticable number that started getting seriously ill. If we really did have the virus back in November/December then we should be much further into the virus running its course than we currently are but the virus has only just taken hold of the country since the beginning of March.

If there were actual scientific reports explaining how the virus could have been present outside of China since as early as November then I will eat my words but currently I think spreading rumors like this especially making them out to be factual like the gullible people of twitter are doing is just really harmful. I think discussing possibilities of the rumors like we are doing now is fine because we're just clearly discussing our ideas on how it could be true or not but the way others are doing it is far more harmful and they're the ones getting sensationalized and I think that really needs to stop.
You have to keep in mind that the number increase is not the disease spreading exactly, it's tests coming back positive and not the full story like when we were at 1k in the UK a health person said they expect the real number to be about 17k. That's assuming the virus will just run a course though, what if it doesn't have one? What if it won't go away without action? This virus is rising everywhere from Canada to Australia so I have doubts that this is going to go away without a cure.

I think the only wrong part with saying about it being around in November/December in other places than China potentially is if you give the impression you'll be fine then because we just can't be sure of that or much of anything regarding the virus really.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
all is just so sketch
 
  • Haha
Reactions: kinnie
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
472
Reactions Received
1,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
corona was made so the government can quarantine us. now that we're inside they can go out and change the batteries in the birds.
 

dark_tranquility

YOα‘Œ α—ͺIα—ͺα‘Ž'T α—·α—΄Tα–‡α—©Y α—°α—΄, YOα‘Œ α—·α—΄Tα–‡α—©Yα—΄α—ͺ YOα‘Œα–‡Sα—΄α’ͺα–΄
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Most conspiracy theories are stupid. I never believe them.
I believe in hard evidence, not some random theory. : /

It's here now, so we just take it as it is and be thankful most of us are still alive.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread