sometimes I think about adopting a cat (1 Viewer)

Joined
1 January 2023
Messages
24,864
Reactions Received
11,022
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
98,648
Fandom
Shawol, Bonoh
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Get a naked cat! Problem solved
pls dont. its a breed of defects and the animals are in pain or have other problems.
supporting breeders with buying such a cat is nothing more than tormenting.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Yelena_Belova
Joined
18 August 2019
Messages
1,773
Reactions Received
3,304
Location
In the SHINee World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,895
Fandom
Multistan
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
They/them preferred
pls dont. its a breed of defects and the animals are in pain or have other problems.
supporting breeders with buying such a cat is nothing more than tormenting.
Sphynx are as healthy as any other breed though? There is a breed created from crossing them with munchkins that is very unhealthy but I never heard if anything from Sphynx themselves. As far as I know they are just as healthy as, say, a Maine Coon
 
Joined
1 January 2023
Messages
24,864
Reactions Received
11,022
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
98,648
Fandom
Shawol, Bonoh
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
All breeds of the Sphynx cat are basically considered torture breeding.
However, this is only the case if they also lack whiskers.
These are important so that the cat can orientate itself in its environment.

The Animal Welfare Act in Germany generally prohibits the breeding of animals in which traits are supported
that cause pain, disruption, or damage to normal behavior. Breeding cats without any fur is therefore prohibited.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BlingyBlinger
Joined
18 August 2019
Messages
1,773
Reactions Received
3,304
Location
In the SHINee World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,895
Fandom
Multistan
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
They/them preferred
All breeds of the Sphynx cat are basically considered torture breeding.
However, this is only the case if they also lack whiskers.
These are important so that the cat can orientate itself in its environment.

The Animal Welfare Act in Germany generally prohibits the breeding of animals in which traits are supported
that cause pain, disruption, or damage to normal behavior. Breeding cats without any fur is therefore prohibited.
Ahhh that makes more sense. I never actually noticed just how many are breed without whiskers compared to the ones that are. I've seen them with whiskers but I supposed they likely weren't "well bred"


Although they don't look it, the Siberian seems to be a good breed for allergy sufferers?
 
Joined
1 January 2023
Messages
24,864
Reactions Received
11,022
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
98,648
Fandom
Shawol, Bonoh
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ahhh that makes more sense. I never actually noticed just how many are breed without whiskers compared to the ones that are. I've seen them with whiskers but I supposed they likely weren't "well bred"


Although they don't look it, the Siberian seems to be a good breed for allergy sufferers?
it seems like it, but its not proven. so I wouldnt try. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread