COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

SONAMOO’s Sumin Personally Writes About Conflict With TS Entertainment (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
This article was written on September 24th, 2019.

How disgusting are TS when they try to pit their idols against each other? Like they did with TRCNG, as well?
It also seems like every single idol in this company had really poor living conditions and sometimes even got kicked out of their dorms.

Source: SONAMOO’s Sumin Personally Writes About Conflict With TS Entertainment

SONAMOO’s Sumin Personally Writes About Conflict With TS Entertainment

"Hello, this is Sumin.

First of all, I’m incredibly sorry to greet you all with this issue. However, after seeing articles circulating the internet, I’m writing this post because I feel so frustrated.

After continuously receiving payments as a group this entire time, we decided to receive individual payments starting from 2019. A few years after signing our contracts, there was a formal settlement procedure in which no proof of settlement was provided, except for a confirmation of the settlement statement that was typed up by the company, but we never received any payments. Because of this, Nahyun and I wanted to look at the settlement data clearly from the beginning and share it with the members. So I asked the company to show me the data that could serve as evidence for the settlements, but after waiting for 30 days, the company gave me only a small portion of the settlement data.

After reviewing that small portion of the settlement data provided by the company, we found that a substantial amount of evidence was missing, so we sent the company a certification of contents in order to request a confirmation of this. As soon as the settlement data was confirmed through the certification of contents, we said that we would continue to work hard as SONAMOO.

But the company didn’t show the settlement data we requested, and they seemed to talk badly about us to the other SONAMOO members, saying that because we had sent a certification of contents without properly discussing the matter with them, it was a shame. I heard through an acquaintance that the company told the other members not to contact the two of us. At the time, Nahyun and I believed the company would send us the settlement data, so we had decided to go back and explain it to [the other members] later.

Furthermore, I exchanged text messages with my manager even after sending the certification of contents, and I continued to keep in touch with the company’s current CEO even until the day before we submitted the complaint.

We also expressed our willingness to participate in the Makestar project for the fans who had been waiting, but the company did not respond.

What’s more, we were faced with the threat of our power going out and the water getting shut off, and we were eventually kicked out of the dorms, so our situation isn’t too different from those who are currently in dispute with the company. I’ll talk about the rest in court and cut back on my writing.

We tried really hard to smooth things over until the end, but the trust [between us and the agency] was completely broken, so we ended up taking legal action. I had a lot of concerns about the lawsuit, and I’m still scared. In addition, I want to sincerely apologize to fans for causing worry and being unable to join everyone else as a member of SONAMOO due to this decision I made under difficult circumstances.

I hope there will be no more unfair treatment [towards us] with the excuse of “mutual trust.” Thank you so much for reading this long post."

SONAMOO’s Nahyun and Sumin previously filed a lawsuit against TS Entertainment in August to confirm the non-existence of their contracts. In response, the agency stated that it would be taking legal action against the two members and that SONAMOO will continue to promote as a five-member group.

Meanwhile, TS Entertainment is involved in a legal dispute with their former artist Sleepy. The agency has also announced its intention to pursue legal action against Jun Hyo Sung and Song Ji Eun, who terminated her contract with them in April.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
So sad. Nothing new in kpop and in the outside world. Jobs are always taking advantage of their employees any chance they get.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
TS needs to go down. Don‘t know why the company still exists.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread