Songs by your fave group that you wish would stop being recommended to new listeners? What song(s) do you think would be safer recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 October 2019
Messages
1
Reactions Received
5
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
You know how sometimes, someone will become interested in a group you like and ask for song recs, and you go and look at what people are recommending and you're like... "Oh no... not that song..." like not necessarily because it's a bad song but because it would be a bad introduction to the group and turn people who might have otherwise liked the group away from listening to more of their music?
For me, whenever I see someone who's new to k-pop, a LOT of the time they get recommended "I Got A Boy" and I'm like-- NO--- STOP!! I love Girls' Generation but that song has wayyy too much going on for a new listener and can turn them off entirely. I've seen too many people get recommended that song and then go "oh god what is going on I don't think SNSD/kpop is for me." And I see too many people recommending "Gee" to Western music fans-- while Gee is a classic, it's just way too cutesy for most new coming Western fans and turns a lot of them completely off. I wish people would recommend "You Think" more often, it's a banger and is a really safe rec for people who like Western music. "Mr Mr" "Run Devil Run" and "All Night" are also pretty safe bets.
fedloan irs.gov easybib

That's the most egregious example I can think of, but I'm sure this applies to other groups as well! Thoughts?
 
Last edited:
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I wish people would stop recommending 2NE1's I Am the best, I get that it is (was?) their most popular song and everything but if you ask me they have better ones before and after IATB. In my case, I'd recommend Gotta be you, I love you or Missing you to new fans.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
:susPepe: Fantastic Baby, why do want to make them seem like a joke

Also Bang Bang Bang since its overplayed, same with Loser. Alright, but Bb has better stuff.

Id show Fxxk it to show their latest work and personality. After that Love Song, Blue, Sober etc., they dont get appreciated enough.
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
War Of Hormone
I Agree with Bang Bang Bang as well @bluebarries
and Expensive Girl (Yes, It was suggested to me when i first started to listen to them......*sigh* i just.......i don't even know)
War Of Hormone is catchy but not one of their best.
I love Bang Bang Bang tho...


I've realized that older ARMYs trick newer ARMY by recommending Expensive Girl and I'm like:

REALLY?

So I'd recommend Baepsae...
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
OH MY GIRL : Closer, Say no more, Sixteen and Twilight
GFRIEND : You are not alone, Love Bug, Fingertip and Hear the wind sing
Monsta X : Underwater, Special, Lost in the Dream, Thriller
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread