News Soojin's North American tour has been cancelled (1 Viewer)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
It's sad to see since her tour was a little less than a month away. Apparently she was having low ticket sales :crycry:
I feel so bad for her. She deserves better than this

 
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate and centen

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,505
Reactions Received
18,203
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,096
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I feel like they just announced it. I did a search to see when it was announced (two months ago) and also came across that her 2024 North American tour was entirely canceled too.

I wonder if she just doesn't have a large enough American fan base to sustain a tour. Which is not a dig, a lot of Kpop acts don't. And she only has 12 songs with ~30-35 minutes total playtime, which is kind of asking a lot for people to pay concert prices to see live. (I'm guessing she would also do a ton of i-dle covers, but who knows.)

I feel like, if anything, her company should wait until she builds up a solid tracklist and solid fanbase as a soloist and then push a tour. Prepping and canceling constantly isn't a good look.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
it must suck for an artist to cancel a tour for any reasons, but due to low sales must feel a new level of awful. i remember something similar happening to ava max some time ago and i was so surprised to find out that her ticket sales were so low given that her music is on the radio here like all the time.
 

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,505
Reactions Received
18,203
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,096
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I poked around, and saw that they were charging relatively insane prices. Like someone commented that, at the same venue they saw tripleS at for $65, Soojin's tour was asking over $100. In another city, Dreamcatcher front row was $250 and Soojin was $500 at the same venue.

Which is just insane. Dreamcatcher is (was) an established touring group with a massive discography; you knew you were going to get your money's worth with them. tripleS has more singles than Soojin has total. Soojin's touring company is crazy if they think they can ask more than twice what her more established peers are asking.

And that's not even counting the concert competition in North America right now (why I will forever lament these groups targeting the exact same cities constantly...). Tons of smaller groups are having their tours canceled or stops canceled: TIOT, Seori, n.SSign, CIX, Omega X, Vanner, Young Posse, Ghost9, POW, Everglow... (I did a search in Reddit for "tour + cancel" in the past year and excluded any artist who gave an actual reason like "severe weather" or health issues.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I feel like they just announced it. I did a search to see when it was announced (two months ago) and also came across that her 2024 North American tour was entirely canceled too.

I wonder if she just doesn't have a large enough American fan base to sustain a tour. Which is not a dig, a lot of Kpop acts don't. And she only has 12 songs with ~30-35 minutes total playtime, which is kind of asking a lot for people to pay concert prices to see live. (I'm guessing she would also do a ton of i-dle covers, but who knows.)

I feel like, if anything, her company should wait until she builds up a solid tracklist and solid fanbase as a soloist and then push a tour. Prepping and canceling constantly isn't a good look.
Yeah, and having her go over a year without releasing any music just to comeback with only two new songs shortly before the tour was supposed to start doesn't help her case either :catcry:
 
  • Like
Reactions: centen

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,505
Reactions Received
18,203
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,096
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah, and having her go over a year without releasing any music just to comeback with only two new songs shortly before the tour was supposed to start doesn't help her case either :catcry:
100%. A tour to go with a full album would make more sense. But they probably should get her releasing music more regularly. A ton of single albums wouldn't be as bad if she was turning out 3-4 a year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread