Soompi Awards: Jonghyun for Best Male Solo (last time this is available for him and his legacy) (1 Viewer)

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Hey, if any of you have not voted or are willing to vote in Soompi's awards via your mobile phone (it's through Soompi's app) I would encourage and ask if possible that you wouldn't mind voting for Jonghyun in BEST MALE SOLO category. It's, as most realize, the last chance he's able to receive something like this due to the circumstance of his passing. His legacy will continue on regardless, but it's always nice to honor such an amazing person and musician with as much as we can before he will no longer be eligible.

Currently (not surprisingly) RM is beating him by over 1%, but it would be amazing if Jonghyun could be gifted this from his fans for all that he's done for the community as well as the Kpop industry as a whole.

Thank you for anyone that takes the time to help give back to this man. It's appreciated.

​
 

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I really hope fellow Shawols, and all fans alike will vote for him and gift him with this last award. He deserves it <3
I hope so too.
I know a lot of younger fans that might be strictly fans of BTS might not even know Jonghyun or the importance in this symbol and won't vote for him because they'll only vote for RM, who I feel is also deserving, but this is one of the few times that this isn't....exactly about "who is more deserving/who should get it" - it's more of something people should want to do, if only for the fact that Jonghyun was even an inspiration to RM as well, and all members of BTS respected him. This is a legacy. It's a gift we can all give to Jonghyun posthumously.

RM is alive. He's not only living, he's currently doing so well alongside his group and will likely be winning so many other awards, putting so many achievements under his belt that Jonghyun never got to experience or be part of due to unfortunate circumstance. It's the last time we can gift something like this to him.

I usually don't care about trophies or awards or what have you but, it stings to not see more people supporting this idea. We aren't even asking for Album of the Year for Jonghyun, despite it being in the running. We just want this one final thank you.

Sorry, I got emotional.

EDIT: Also please let me express this isn't a pity award idea - Jonghyun is just as deserving of it as everyone listed. We aren't asking others to vote for him because "he's passed and boo hoo he should get it because of that alone" - for anyone thinking this (though I doubt anyone would think this).
 

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
3,762
Reactions Received
13,488
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Bana
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
I hope so too.
I know a lot of younger fans that might be strictly fans of BTS might not even know Jonghyun or the importance in this symbol and won't vote for him because they'll only vote for RM, who I feel is also deserving, but this is one of the few times that this isn't....exactly about "who is more deserving/who should get it" - it's more of something people should want to do, if only for the fact that Jonghyun was even an inspiration to RM as well, and all members of BTS respected him. This is a legacy. It's a gift we can all give to Jonghyun posthumously.

RM is alive. He's not only living, he's currently doing so well alongside his group and will likely be winning so many other awards, putting so many achievements under his belt that Jonghyun never got to experience or be part of due to unfortunate circumstance. It's the last time we can gift something like this to him.

I usually don't care about trophies or awards or what have you but, it stings to not see more people supporting this idea. We aren't even asking for Album of the Year for Jonghyun, despite it being in the running. We just want this one final thank you.

Sorry, I got emotional.
No, its alright. I understand.

It really is rather sad how so many newer fans don't even really know much or anything about him. I think the best we can do though is spread his legacy and hope in return people can appreciate him and maybe even vote for him and not their favs, just this once. Hopefully people will, because this is really something I want to happen for Jonghyun.
 
Joined
9 September 2018
Messages
648
Reactions Received
1,472
Location
Earth-51
Website
wholefull.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
i really hope he gets it
something scares me about the people who don’t know who he is or how and how important his life’s work was
 
  • Like
Reactions: taemkitten

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread