MV Sori- Initial S (SOTY contender) (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I love following Sori coz she's a soloist around my age lol and isn't afraid to be sexy and confident. So far, she's mostly been known for her Touch MV and doing bikini hauls on her channel, plus her former duo CocoSori and the dispute between the members Coco and Sori :yolk:

But all this while she's been experimenting with different styles of music and has consistently stepped out of her comfort zone to create a space for herself as a soloist in the Kpop market oversaturated with young idol groups.

I think this is her best effort yet:



The MV/aesthetics are heavily inspired by the anime/manga series Initial D, if any of my fellow weebs are familiar lol. And the sound is very 80s synthpop/synthwavey, which is about my fav style so. Kinda reminds you of The Weeknd's Blinding Lights.

Either way, those motorcycle scenes, outfits, choreo and the song, all A+. One of my favs this year.

People who might like it:

@Keihatsu @dooh @blueberries (just for that weeb connection lol) @Jakey_Yoda @Suzy @vogue
 

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
.
Joined
14 November 2018
Messages
2,778
Reactions Received
11,243
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
i had to youtube what " synthpop " is, to my suprise i liked some of the songs, so do i like this song from Sori :yes:

I watched Initial D but the MV doesnt remind me of initial D, maybe cuz takumi's eight-six is missing and only m-bikes in the mv :haylul:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
i had to youtube what " synthpop " is, to my suprise i liked some of the songs, so do i like this song from Sori :yes:

I watched Initial D but the MV doesnt remind me of initial D, maybe cuz takumi's eight-six is missing and only m-bikes in the mv :haylul:
Oh synthpop is basically like that Neo Tokyo song by Scandroid I had recommended to you once that you loved :haylul:
Well that's true, bikes and no cars here lol, it's just the name and racing theme that draws comparisons to Initial D :lisalaugh:
Tbh bikes look cooler tho so I'm happy but yeah I get you :yolk:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and dooh

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
.
Joined
14 November 2018
Messages
2,778
Reactions Received
11,243
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Oh synthpop is basically like that Neo Tokyo song by Scandroid I had recommended to you once that you loved :haylul:
Well that's true, bikes and no cars here lol, it's just the name and racing theme that draws comparisons to Initial D :lisalaugh:
Tbh bikes look cooler tho so I'm happy but yeah I get you :yolk:
funny, first it reminded me abit of cyberpunk and instant @ Scandroid while listening to Sori's song :sakUwu:
But i didnt want to say something wrong :jisoosmh:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
funny, first it reminded me abit of cyberpunk and instant @ Scandroid while listening to Sori's song :sakUwu:
But i didnt want to say something wrong :jisoosmh:
Oh yeah don't worry about it lol, synthpop goes hand in hand with those cyberpunk vibes, it's only natural :sakUwu:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
So far, she's mostly been known for her Touch MV
I think I'm not Alone is her most known tho.
That thing got recommended to a lot of people

Anyways, she learned to ride a motorcycle just for this and is a sweetheart to her fans on Twitter so stan this queen cuz she deserves it
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
she is a blessing to us all. really enjoy her
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I think I'm not Alone is her most known tho.
That thing got recommended to a lot of people

Anyways, she learned to ride a motorcycle just for this and is a sweetheart to her fans on Twitter so stan this queen cuz she deserves it
Oh that may be true lol, I personally find this a lot more to my style tho, and her riding that bike and dancing in those outfits was hot!

Can't believe YG said she was too old on Mixnine :nayeonisdone:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Belgizen

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh that may be true lol, I personally find this a lot more to my style tho, and her riding that bike and dancing in those outfits was hot!

Can't believe YG said she was too old on Mixnine :nayeonisdone:
YG was jealous
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread