COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Spotify removes the shuffle button as a default option of playing albums (1 Viewer)

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
Nah, forget Adele. Spotify barely pays artists and her issue is the damn shuffle button? Really? Not only that, but her absolutely pretentious, "Our art tells a story and our stories should be listened to as we intended" statement is the most self-serving garbage I've ever heard. Artists create the art, and we hope the consumer understands our intention, but all art is open to interpretation. Do I like that shuffle is no longer a default? Yes, because that annoyed me as someone unwilling to pay for premium, but Adele is acting like she just singlehandedly did the greatest thing for artists ever....When she did literally nothing.

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
I didn't know shuffle was default. They could've just made it... not default. They didn't have to remove it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
Having options is always the best way to go. I frequently listen to albums in order (though some albums have rubbish ordering), but naturally always shuffle my playlist order. Those are the choices I make, and respect others who do the opposite. Hopefully Apple don’t do the same thing.

Hoemantic

old user: Faelix
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
he/him

adele requested it due to the importance of track listing for the artists who made the album. as in why spotify agreed to do it, i don't know :wimwim:
Okay Adele, I can just put them in a playlist and shuffle them. You ain't slick.

Hoemantic

old user: Faelix
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
he/him
Nah, forget Adele. Spotify barely pays artists and her issue is the damn shuffle button? Really? Not only that, but her absolutely pretentious, "Our art tells a story and our stories should be listened to as we intended" statement is the most self-serving garbage I've ever heard. Artists create the art, and we hope the consumer understands our intention, but all art is open to interpretation. Do I like that shuffle is no longer a default? Yes, because that annoyed me as someone unwilling to pay for premium, but Adele is acting like she just singlehandedly did the greatest thing for artists ever....When she did literally nothing.
When being rich and famous goes up to your head

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
yeah i like her music but when i've heard people talking about adele changing the music industry i thought it was something genuinely impactful, if anything this just helps adele herself more than anyone. i don't use spotify but if she wanted to do it so bad she could've just asked to remove it on her albums only and not the whole app tbh.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
While i get the intention- there is reason in order fo the songs, not everyone wants to experience the album that way. Especially if ur listening it more than once, wouldn't that get boring to know exactly what is coming after? Consumer standpoint it's always nice to have more options and control. It's kinda the reason why nobody watches regular tv anymore, you can't affect when u watch what you want to watch.

But i guess as long as you can manually pick certain songs to listen from the album without having to listen whole thing from the start it's not big issue either way.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Having options is always the best way to go. I frequently listen to albums in order (though some albums have rubbish ordering), but naturally always shuffle my playlist order. Those are the choices I make, and respect others who do the opposite. Hopefully Apple don’t do the same thing.
But I use Spotify everyday and it didn’t change on my app

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
But I use Spotify everyday and it didn’t change on my app
They’re probably phasing it out, so you might keep it for a while longer then lose it whenever you need to next update the app.

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
Shuffle is no longer the default, but it is still an option. Once the album starts playing the shuffle icon/button becomes available and you can just tap it.

I do prefer listening to the songs in an album in the order they're presented, but I think this "news" is not that big of a deal. In any event, it is generating a lot of publicity for Spotify and Adele.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Good to know if I ever decide to drop premium

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Shuffle is no longer the default, but it is still an option. Once the album starts playing the shuffle icon/button becomes available and you can just tap it.

I do prefer listening to the songs in an album in the order they're presented, but I think this "news" is not that big of a deal. In any event, it is generating a lot of publicity for Spotify and Adele.
It definitely sounds confusing with the second tweet, saying that you have to listen to songs in order. I wish they worded it differently, its less of a big deal than it seemed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread