COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Stray Kids' Han Under Fire For Pre-Debut Rap That Includes Racist And Ableist Slurs (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Stray Kids and Taemin both getting cancelled today/yesterday. Can't help but wonder who's on the chopping block later. Izzz been a messy af week and it just started:blownyoungbae:
This week really needs to calm down :nekosweat:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
All he could've really done with this is own up to his mistakes and apologised which he has done and shown while he was either ignorant or immature that he has learnt that they were wrong to use

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Well there was only one path he possibly could’ve taken and that is what he did so yep, while it’s regrettable what he did as a 13 year old, we can only hope that he’s since grown as an individual and seen the error of his ways with more life experience and exposure.

Since SKZ fandom is mostly international it was important that this got addressed, and as far as apologies go this seems to be one of the best written ones so I’d say let’s give him a chance, but of course it’s not up to me to accept or reject this.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Btw I’m reading the Taemin misogynistic thing was due to a mistranslation but I really don’t have much of an idea about it coz Shawols were pretty quick to get on top of it and it never gained as much traction as this Sowon and Han Jisung controversy.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ya mama
what do they like to call it.....real hip hop?? whys it sooo hard for non black to not say the n word smh

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
V.I.P
Pronouns
she/her
Honestly, I believe holding adults to things they said as a teenager is quite silly. The brain development stops at the age of 26 and maturity and ignorance is something very questionable among all teenagers - adults aren't even fully developed let alone teens. I would hope people would support change and realize that the things we say as teenagers often do not reflect who we are now or what we believe is right or wrong.

I have seen many times in the KPop world where people pick these adults apart because of a mistake made when they were young. They are mistakes, and they have and will keep learning from them. I can't even remember all of the dumb things I said when I was younger that in this day if I was popular would've been 'cancelled' for. I don't think anyone is exempt from this honestly. I just hope that he has realized his mistake, and if it is brought to light to him that he may issue an apology. Taking accountability for your actions as a youngster is good, however, with how the culture is today many will probably say his apology wasn't enough or sincere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread