News Super Junior's Kim Heechul Apologizes After Controversy Over Live Broadcast (1 Viewer)

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM

Super Junior’s Kim Heechul apologized for the remarks he made in a recent live broadcast.


On February 9, Kim Heechul guested on BJ (broadcasting jockey) Choi’s live broadcast on AfreecaTV while having alcoholic drinks. Kim Heechul was then swept up in controversy for defending former teammate Kangin despite his past drunk driving case and scandal and for swearing during discussions over school violence and a specific online community during the broadcast.


Kim Heechul took to Instagram on February 13 to post an apology about his remarks.


Read his full message below:


Regardless of the right or wrong of my thoughts, I apologize for exaggeratively using profanity and vulgar expressions and for portraying double standards.

I am most sorry to the fans who were hurt by the controversy I made once again. This will be the last time this happens, and I will try my best not to be involved in any controversy in the future.

However, no matter how much I reflect [on my remarks], I don’t think it’s wrong to swear at school violence [perpetrators] and certain sites.

Thank you.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,318
Reactions Received
76,679
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,960
Ship
Wreck
I don't think this apology really helped him as starting with

"Regardless of the right or wrong of my thoughts, I apologize for exaggeratively using profanity and vulgar expressions and for portraying double standards."

then ending with

"However, no matter how much I reflect [on my remarks], I don’t think it’s wrong to swear at school violence [perpetrators] and certain sites."

Why is he apologising for his use of profanity then saying he doesn't think it was wrong almost right after? We all know most apologies are just forced but this seems just like an outright sorry not sorry
 

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,624
Reactions Received
18,288
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,379
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I don't think this apology really helped him as starting with

"Regardless of the right or wrong of my thoughts, I apologize for exaggeratively using profanity and vulgar expressions and for portraying double standards."

then ending with

"However, no matter how much I reflect [on my remarks], I don’t think it’s wrong to swear at school violence [perpetrators] and certain sites."

Why is he apologising for his use of profanity then saying he doesn't think it was wrong almost right after? We all know most apologies are just forced but this seems just like an outright sorry not sorry
He would have had a perfectly perfunctory "my bad" if he hadn't included that sentence, but with it, it's just like... why did he even bother? SJ manages themselves, so it's not like anyone is really forcing him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myth

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread