Interview SuperM are a lingual mess (2 Viewers)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
So this is a great interview by SuperM, that I reccommend you read, it's really interesting... but one point stuck out to me!

When I first posed a question to Lucas via the Korean translator, there was a flurry of activity and laughter as the game plan was decided upon: First, Kai suggested in Korean that Lucas answer in Chinese, and Lucas turned with his ever-present smile to address a Chinese translator who was seated against the wall. Ten was then recruited to help from the other side of the room (“I will try, but my Chinese is not that great!” he chirped) and Lucas just leaned back in his rolling chair, swiveling his head around, and looking massively entertained by the commotion. In the end, Lucas gave his answer—with various interjections from Ten—to the Chinese translator, who relayed it to the Korean translator, who then gave it to me in English. It was like a game of multilingual hot potato.

So basically.. question gets asked in Korean from Lucas. Lucas answers in chinese, Ten is recruited to translate but his chinese is not that great, chinese answers gets translated to korean which gets translated to english...

I love a good mess like this!

PS: This be the interview

 
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
Lol, this is exactly why I enjoy watching videos of NCT struggling with language barriers.

Also reminds me of the times I had to explain something from my native language in English to my English speaking friends, but had to describe the pronunciation using Korean because it was way easier, lol.

Languages are weird.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread