Announcement Temporary Search Outage & Update (2 Viewers)

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
Hi everyone,
Just a heads-up that our search function is currently unavailable. The search server went down unexpectedly overnight, and the automatic script that should have restarted it also failed.
I'm investigating the root cause now. Since this has happened a few times recently, my main priority is to find a permanent fix rather than just a quick restart. To prevent further issues while I work on this, I've temporarily disabled the search feature.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. I'll post an update as soon as I have more information.
 
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
2,257
Reactions Received
4,120
Location
Hellevator
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
60,030
Pronouns
Haewon's yeobo
Just like to add since I am not sure if it is related, but the uploading of display pictures doesn't seem to work and just loops till it gives an error. When I check the console it says the server is undergoing maintenance as error feedback.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sourcekeeper

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
Just like to add since I am not sure if it is related, but the uploading of display pictures doesn't seem to work and just loops till it gives an error. When I check the console it says the server is undergoing maintenance as error feedback.
What is the size of the dp you are trying to upload?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Somnia
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
2,257
Reactions Received
4,120
Location
Hellevator
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
60,030
Pronouns
Haewon's yeobo
What is the size of the dp you are trying to upload?
It's 3,88mb, I did manage to eventually upload it now, but it kept loading and eventually failing for a while. I think my previous one was over 10mb so I was confused why it kept on failing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sourcekeeper

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
It's 3,88mb, I did manage to eventually upload it now, but it kept loading and eventually failing for a while. I think my previous one was over 10mb so I was confused why it kept on failing.
Should be fixed now
 
  • Like
Reactions: Somnia
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
2,257
Reactions Received
4,120
Location
Hellevator
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
60,030
Pronouns
Haewon's yeobo
Should be fixed now
Thank you.

I also had a quick question, is there any plan to make us revert to the old style of the forum layout in the settings? As I kind of prefered the old label like look of "recent threads/ replies" because the new one looks very cluttered imo.
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
Thank you.

I also had a quick question, is there any plan to make us revert to the old style of the forum layout in the settings? As I kind of prefered the old label like look of "recent threads/ replies" because the new one looks very cluttered imo.
Whoa, that was the widget on the right? I don't think I kept the code since it was around 2020 when I removed it, but if I find it, I can create an additional 'Classic Light/Dark' theme.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Somnia
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
2,257
Reactions Received
4,120
Location
Hellevator
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
60,030
Pronouns
Haewon's yeobo
Whoa, that was the widget on the right? I don't think I kept the code since it was around 2020 when I removed it, but if I find it, I can create an additional 'Classic Light/Dark' theme.
No it was right above where it says "Hub" there was a label listing all the recent threads/ replies. It changed like about a week ago on my desktop with a side bar now on the left.

Edit: I found a picture of it on google.
SchilarSantaRosa_2.jpg
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
No it was right above where it says "Hub" there was a label listing all the recent threads/ replies. It changed like about a week ago on my desktop with a side bar now on the left.

Edit: I found a picture of it on google.
SchilarSantaRosa_2.jpg
Oh you can change theme then, go to user menu / preference and select ks light old for theme.
 
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
2,257
Reactions Received
4,120
Location
Hellevator
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
60,030
Pronouns
Haewon's yeobo
Oh you can change theme then, go to user menu / preference and select ks light old for theme.
But it isn't the theme tho, sorry if I am being vague or confusing. I am talking about the box thing that is missing now I'll add a screenshot of how it looks like now for me compared to the old screenshot I showed you from google.

942.jpg
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
But it isn't the theme tho, sorry if I am being vague or confusing. I am talking about the box thing that is missing now I'll add a screenshot of how it looks like now for me compared to the old screenshot I showed you from google.

942.jpg
Oh its not showing up for you, let me find out
 
  • Love
Reactions: Somnia

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
But it isn't the theme tho, sorry if I am being vague or confusing. I am talking about the box thing that is missing now I'll add a screenshot of how it looks like now for me compared to the old screenshot I showed you from google.

942.jpg
Can you go to your settings and find this. Make sure its enabled.

1750043640100.png
 
  • Love
Reactions: Somnia
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
2,257
Reactions Received
4,120
Location
Hellevator
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
60,030
Pronouns
Haewon's yeobo
Can you go to your settings and find this. Make sure its enabled.

1750043640100.png
Yes, that made it return again. It was odd because I went to settings before and fiddled with it and turning it on didn't make the box appear back then, but now it's back. Thank you :pandalove:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Sourcekeeper

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
  • Like
Reactions: Moguri

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread