Appreciation Thank you MxM (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
For those of you who dont know them, MxM is a duo from Brandnew Music. MxM along with Woojin and Daehwi of Wanna One are set to be debuting as a group later this year, but while Wanna One was promoting, MxM released songs, variety, and toured as a duo. With their tour over and Daehwi and Woojin back from Wanna One, they're stopping their promotions and preparing to debut as a full group.


An dont get me wrong, Im excited for their debut. I cant wait to see what they can do as a full group. But apart of me is still sad to see MxM go. I fell in love with them right when they debuted, by a complete accident. I was actively avoiding getting into new groups because I stanned to many groups already, and the only reason I watched the music show was because Vixx LR was promoting, and while skipping around trying to find their performance, I stumbled across MxMs performance of I'm the One and I was surprised by how much I liked it, and I couldnt get it out of my head.



Honestly this on a surface level seemed like everything Im not into. They were a cute rookie duo, and at the time every group I stanned debuted in 2015 or before and none of them were known for cuteness in any way. In fact, I actively avoided getting deep into rookie groups because I didnt think they had proved consistency, so for a while I refused to admit I stanned them. I watched Im the One hundreds of times, learned almost everything I could about them, watched all their variety, hyped up all their comebacks, all in the name of being "casually interested" even though lets be real Ive been stanning for a long time now.

Anyways, comeback after comeback just cemented my love for them. While there have been some misses, their songs and albums have been pretty solid, and Im really pleased with everything they have accomplished this past year and a half. While its sad to see them end their time as a duo, Im looking forwards to their debut as a full group, and hopefully MxM can return one day.Thank you for everything, Youngmin and Donghyun, you worked hard and I hope the future brings only good things.
:maheart:

Now have some of my favorite songs and performances featuring them.





​
 
Last edited:

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Will it be a 4 member group? Because I haven't seen that in a while
Yep 4 members, Daehwi, Woojin, Youngmin, and Donghyun
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
1,097
Reactions Received
2,827
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Aww I loved I’m the one and diamond girl I’m looking forward to what their full groups gonna come out with
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Can't they add Kanto in the final group?! His talent is being wasted solo. You can tell he wants to be in a group too. :yolk:

At this point I don't even care if he's a rapper or not, or if that's too much for the group, but he'll never make it big else. BNM, what are you doing.

^ Didn't want to go off topic so I'm sorry if I did. :pepehug1:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Can't they add Kanto in the final group?! His talent is being wasted solo. You can tell he wants to be in a group too. :yolk:

At this point I don't even care if he's a rapper or not, or if that's too much for the group, but he'll never make it big else. BNM, what are you doing.

^ Didn't want to go off topic so I'm sorry if I did. :pepehug1:
Its fine lol

Maybe they think hes too old or experienced or wouldnt fit the concept?
But who knows, maybe something will change.
:yolk:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Yep 4 members, Daehwi, Woojin, Youngmin, and Donghyun
Nice I will be anticipating. Is there a good main vocal? Daehwi's a good lead and Woojin's the rapper, obviously. Any idea what MXM's positions will be?
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Its fine lol

Maybe they think hes too old or experienced or wouldnt fit the concept?
But who knows, maybe something will change.
:yolk:
He's only year older than Youngmin but he has been active since 2013 at least. He already was in a failed group called TROY with guys that were so much older than him. And he went on The Uni+ but didn't get far. He had a comeback last year but it didn't do really well either. I just feel so sorry for him. :yolk:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Nice I will be anticipating. Is there a good main vocal? Daehwi's a good lead and Woojin's the rapper, obviously. Any idea what MXM's positions will be?
My guess is main vocal will be Daehwi, lead vocals Donghyun and Youngmin. Woojin and Youngmin will probably be the rappers, with Donghyun being a sub-rapper. Main dancer would be Woojin, I dont know who would be the lead because the others seem basically at around the same level from what Ive seen, though if I had to guess Id say Youngmin would be lead. Daehwi would probably be the main one for song producing, with Youngmin and Donghyun helping with that too. I dont know if Woojin has any songwriting experience like the others.

These are mostly guesses, Im not quite as familiar with Woojin and Daehwi as I am with the other two, but from my observations this is what I would expect.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
My guess is main vocal will be Daehwi, lead vocals Donghyun and Youngmin. Woojin and Youngmin will probably be the rappers, with Donghyun being a sub-rapper. Main dancer would be Woojin, I dont know who would be the lead because the others seem basically at around the same level from what Ive seen, though if I had to guess Id say Youngmin would be lead. Daehwi would probably be the main one for song producing, with Youngmin and Donghyun helping with that too. I dont know if Woojin has any songwriting experience like the others.

These are mostly guesses, Im not quite as familiar with Woojin and Daehwi as I am with the other two, but from my observations this is what I would expect.
Hmm maybe their company should add in a main vocal? Because I don't know how well Daehwi can handle the really high notes, which most BGs are forced to sing these days. He's definitely a solid lead but I'm not sure about Main. Although, their music might not center around high vocal stuff so I may be overreacting. And about Woojin, I'm pretty sure he has some experience in songwriting like writing is own rap verses? But I'm not sure. Have to confirm with @Peach .
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Hmm maybe their company should add in a main vocal? Because I don't know how well Daehwi can handle the really high notes, which most BGs are forced to sing these days. He's definitely a solid lead but I'm not sure about Main. Although, their music might not center around high vocal stuff so I may be overreacting. And about Woojin, I'm pretty sure he has some experience in songwriting like writing is on rap verses? But I'm not sure. Have to confirm with @Peach .
That is definitely something the might make the group better, there isnt any member that I ever thought was an incredible standout vocalist. But even with that I enjoyed MxMs songs just fine, so I think the group will be strong enough vocally, especially as they get older and improve more.
And yeah I know Woojin does some writing for raps, Im not sure if he has ever had a role in composing and production though or if its just writing raps.
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Hmm maybe their company should add in a main vocal? Because I don't know how well Daehwi can handle the really high notes, which most BGs are forced to sing these days. He's definitely a solid lead but I'm not sure about Main. Although, their music might not center around high vocal stuff so I may be overreacting. And about Woojin, I'm pretty sure he has some experience in songwriting like writing is own rap verses? But I'm not sure. Have to confirm with @Peach .
Daehwi's skill definitely lies in composing/arranging which he's strong at though none of the songs he produced made it on W1's album although maybe there wasn't any or he wanted to keep them to himself once he re-debuts because Flower Bomb was composed mostly by Sungwoon and you can find it on the final album so I don't think they would have told him no. But I agree, he he isn't the strongest vocal, but he isn't weak either, he's just right in middle and I don't think it will be hinderence because a lot of great main vocals get overlooked. As for Woojin, he definitely writes his own rap, in W1 he was the strongest rapper, and also one of the best dancers, though that depends where you look from because I don't want to compare members who have different style of dancing as it wouldn't be fair but he's known to create choreography alongside Daniel, for example Hands On Me from PD101 final and choreo for Flower Bomb.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
That is definitely something the might make the group better, there isnt any member that I ever thought was an incredible standout vocalist. But even with that I enjoyed MxMs songs just fine, so I think the group will be strong enough vocally, especially as they get older and improve more.
And yeah I know Woojin does some writing for raps, Im not sure if he has ever had a role in composing and production though or if its just writing raps.
Well the end goal is for the song is to sound good and as seen with groups like BTS, TWICE and BlackPink, there's really need for a POWER vocal per se. As long as their tones are nice and the song itself is enjoyable, it should all be fine ^^
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Oh no I really liked MXM, hopefully Donghyun still gets to shine when the full group debuts. I'm afraid he's gonna be shoved to the back again because he was the lowest ranking among them. He's my bias :(

I'm also down for Kanto to be added in the group tbh, I loved him in The Unit and have been buying his releases ever since.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Daehwi's skill definitely lies in composing/arranging which he's strong at though none of the songs he produced made it on W1's album although maybe there wasn't any or he wanted to keep them to himself once he re-debuts because Flower Bomb was composed mostly by Sungwoon and you can find it on the final album so I don't think they would have told him no. But I agree, he he isn't the strongest vocal, but he isn't weak either, he's just right in middle and I don't think it will be hinderence because a lot of great main vocals get overlooked. As for Woojin, he definitely writes his own rap, in W1 he was the strongest rapper, and also one of the best dancers, though that depends where you look from because I don't want to compare members who have different style of dancing as it wouldn't be fair but he's known to create choreography alongside Daniel, for example Hands On Me from PD101 final and choreo for Flower Bomb.
Yeah I'm pretty confident in Daehwi's composition skills. He did make Produce48's Until We Meet Again and I absolutely LOVE that song. So I'm pretty sure he'll be great in that department. Why I really worry is because I don't want him to unnecessarily damage his voice by singing these unbelievable high notes that's just not in his range.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Peach and Ahsoka

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I just realized that them debuting as a group means that no more MXM... wow. But maybe in the future we'll see them promote as a sub-unit again.

Personally, I did like MXM but out of all the W1 groups, I'm excited to see Brand New's boy group the most so I'm really excited for their debut. I'm expecting such great music from them. For the rest of the W1 boys, I'm kind of hoping they all go solo.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah I'm pretty confident in Daehwi's composition skills. He did make Produce48's Until We Meet Again and I absolutely LOVE that song. So I'm pretty sure he'll be great in that department. Why I really worry is because I don't want him to unnecessarily damage his voice by singing these unbelievable high notes that's just not in his range.
Definitely, I don't think he's made for high notes, although his talking voice can be quite high, but I believe you shouldn't attempt something that could potentially damage you, like I remember how Baekho had to deal with vocal cord nodules and a lot of people don't like his high parts in songs while as I don't mind and found him to be one of the better vocals on PD101. But then there are idols like Jaehwan who effortlessly can do the high vocals and that's just how it is. I mean you don't have to excel at everything and if you excel even at one thing, then that's good, and for Daehwi that's composing, he doesn't have to go to extra lengths to prove himself.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread