Appreciation The Coolest Book I Have? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
So some back story.
I really like fairytale re-tellings but I know for a fact
That I have not read any actual fairytales!
So last year my bf and I were randomly walking around Walmart or Meijer
and he knows how much I love books so we stopped at the book section.
(I'm very frugal and will not buy a book unless it's discounted, newly released, or something I think I deserve)
So anyway I noticed a 101 fairytale book that is all the ORIGINAL tales from the Grimm brothers.
I made a comment on how I've always wanted to read the originals.
He snuck it in the cart without me noticing and when he pulled it out at checkout I was shook.

So now I'm finally starting to make some leeway in the book and I just finished reading
Rapunzel...ya'll it's fucked and very INCESTUOUS!
Also, the original princess and the frog book is actually kind of scary.​
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
  • Haha
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
but talking about books, I´m reading A Darker Shade of Magic ♥♥♥ so far so awesome. (I´m a scruge, I´m reading it online :D)
 
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
nsfw all across the page ? :D I´m sorry for your innocent eyes :D
I will say it's really interesting and easy to read though as the tales at the longest are like 5 pages.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
but talking about books, I´m reading A Darker Shade of Magic ♥♥♥ so far so awesome. (I´m a scruge, I´m reading it online :D)
I finally read a book by that author in 2020 and it wasn't half bad but for some reason the series you're reading never piqued my interest.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Magician

girl in the bubble ☆
.
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
29,345
Reactions Received
36,273
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
66,410
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
yeaaahhh Grimm Tales .... children were tougher back in those days :D
Grimm's fairy tales weren't supposed to be for children. At least most of the stories. Only like 100 years after the stories were published, people thought they would be educational for children.
:jisoosmh:
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I mean to be fair, fairy tales were meant to be for adults at first... that being said, sleeping beauty is horrifying
I've YET to get to that one in here but I just came upon Hansel & Gretel.

Grimm's fairy tales weren't supposed to be for children. At least most of the stories. Only like 100 years after the stories were published, people thought they would be educational for children.
:jisoosmh:
I didn't know that but makes much more sense after reading some of them.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: mysteric

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
the later half had me going like :zoomeyes::zoomeyes::zoomeyes::zoomeyes::zoomeyes::zoomeyes::zoomeyes::zoomeyes::zoomeyes::zoomeyes:
Looks like Sleeping Beauty is the 50th tale in my book and I'm only on...15

Wow I'm doing so bad lol
 
  • Haha
Reactions: mysteric

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
i just looked some of the stories up and just
:jisoosmh: :jisoosmh: :jisoosmh:
I'm curious as to which ones because I may have read them already!!!

It's also interesting because some of them are just so fucking weird but then have a happy ending. And then others are like fuck that shit you all die.
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I'm curious as to which ones because I may have read them already!!!

It's also interesting because some of them are just so fucking weird but then have a happy ending. And then others are like fuck that shit you all die.
I read the original little mermaid before watching the disney movie :yolk:
confused me so much watching the movie
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I read the original little mermaid before watching the disney movie :yolk:
confused me so much watching the movie
OMFG JKANFHVBD

I have yet to read that one though and I'm intrigued though I have a feeling of what could be really gruesome in it.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: mysteric
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
5,078
Reactions Received
14,232
Location
CL's cherry tree
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
GZB
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm curious as to which ones because I may have read them already!!!

It's also interesting because some of them are just so fucking weird but then have a happy ending. And then others are like fuck that shit you all die.
Rapunzel, Sleeping beauty and Cindarella. Didn't even read them, just looked up the plot. I will have nightmares x)
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Rapunzel, Sleeping beauty and Cindarella. Didn't even read them, just looked up the plot. I will have nightmares x)
Yeah the Rapunzel one had me like wtf-but I have yet to get to the other two!
 
  • Like
Reactions: honeyfornomoney

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread