- Joined
- 21 February 2019
- Messages
- 8,782
- Reactions Received
- 6,809
- Location
- StarlightGalaxy
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Male
Gals and lads, how do you feel about traps in general?
Facebook, Imgur but mostly Facebook.Girl I've been meaning to ask... Where do you find these memes![]()
Yeah I've seen those arguments all over Twitter sometimes. There are even arguments about genderbending in anime. I've never been offended by any of these stuff but that's probably because I'm very simple-minded. I also like some trap characters. Hideyoshi and Nagisa are some of my favorites although Nagisa is less "trappy" to me because they always make it clear he's a boy and there was even a scene where they were swimming and he didn't have his shirt on.Oh lol. I actually recently watched debate video on youtube about traps and transcommunity, there is bit of notion that traps are kinda offensive to trans people since people sometimes claim transwomen especially are misleading people and get angry at being attracted to them. Some see traps as term disminishing existence of trans people since the definition of trap pretty much is man who is dressing up (and often acting) like a woman and viewers being fooled that they are woman cause of that. Then often you see actually trans characters like Lily from Zombieland saga claimed to be traps although they don't identify as male and are transgender.
Personally, i think "trap" is somewhat distinct character type in anime that is useful in pointing out this type of character. Trap characters often appear in comedy anime and their looks are often played as comedy. I see it as harmful of course if used in terms of trangender characters and especially irl transgenders. However I see the definition as trap as male character who identifies as male, but is mistaken as girl due to how they look, dress and/or act so not as someone who is actually trans and this is the popular definition i guess.
Lol that was bit of heavier stuff about traps, so umm let me just post some pics of characters that are "traps":
Hideyoshi (Baka to test to shoukanjuu)
![]()
One of most known ones, there is lot of comedy in show involved in him being seen as girl despite him being and identifying as boy.
Astolfo (Fate/Apocrypha)
![]()
Nagisa Shiota (Assassination Classroom)
![]()
- So umm personally I kinda like "trap" characters, not all elements that is associated, but the notion of playing with gender roles a bit and having more feminine male characters.