COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News The Golden Globes snubbing an Asian American film, but are we surprised? (1 Viewer)

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
As the headliner says, the film is literally American and produced in the US...just because the movie is in partly in Korean, I guess it can't be nominated. Sure :kijoongstare:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
the pianist's last 30 mins or so being completely in german but winning best motion picture stares in the corner

Taehyun

☾ abbacchio simp ⛧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☆ MOA ♡
blatant racism

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
As the headliner says, the film is literally American and produced in the US...just because the movie is in partly in Korean, I guess it can't be nominated. Sure :kijoongstare:

I watched this movie when/just after the blow up over the nominations happened weeks ago. i love it(the movie). The grandmother is so great as well as the grandson n mother.

Par for the course, since another movie years ago (non US) wasnt allowed/was rejected for the Foreign language film Academy Awards cos it dint fulfill the 50% non English posrtion if the arcane rules BECAUSE the movie was partially silent, yeah an asian made movie too.

So movies with asian dialogue but US made are Foreign language while asian made with some asian language dialogue but not enuf for 50% are deemed NOT foreign language eligible. Just erasure/diminishment of asian language films, cos representation at HFPA n AMPAS is under-considered. Parasite is the exception, smh. European language movies are much better promoted than most asian language movies, no surprise.

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I watched this movie when/just after the blow up over the nominations happened weeks ago. i love it(the movie). The grandmother is so great as well as the grandson n mother.

Par for the course, since another movie years ago (non US) wasnt allowed/was rejected for the Foreign language film Academy Awards cos it dint fulfill the 50% non English posrtion if the arcane rules BECAUSE the movie was partially silent, yeah an asian made movie too.

So movies with asian dialogue but US made are Foreign language while asian made with some asian language dialogue but not enuf for 50% are deemed NOT foreign language eligible. Just erasure/diminishment of asian language films, cos representation at HFPA n AMPAS is under-considered. Parasite is the exception, smh. European language movies are much better promoted than most asian language movies, no surprise.
i r eally want to watch the movie myself soon, i heard great things about it, good to k now you like it !

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
I haven't watched the movie but if true,
This doesn't sit well with me :susPepe:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread