The most debated kpop topic of the ladt few years. (1 Viewer)

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I always assumed they were second. But I just realised they debuted in the same year as EXO, who are considered 3rd gen. :jisoosmh:

I guess they're technically 3rd gen but they have more 2nd gen fans than 3rd gen fans.
 

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
1st Gen = 1992-2002 2nd Gen = 2003-2011 3rd Gen = 2012-2018 4th Gen = 2019-20?? and AOA debuted in 2012 :pandatea:
If second gen ended in 2011 then that means every second gen girl group peaked in third gen. Most of those girl groups biggest hits were post 2011.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
If second gen ended in 2011 then that means every second gen girl group peaked in third gen. Most of those girl groups biggest hits were post 2011.
SNSD and 2NE1s biggest hits were in 2009 and even SNSDs best selling album (The Boys) came out in 2011, Wonder Girls biggest hits were 2007/8 with Tell Me and Nobody, Roly Poly was 2011, Mister was 2009 I think and even So Cool was 2011. The girl groups that defined 2nd generation had their biggest hits from 2007-2011
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
:jisoosmh: I always thought they were 2.5 like infinite. I’m so confused now. I feel like Exo started off the 3rd gen but then you have groups like Nuest who debuted the same year and give off the same vibes as AOA
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
They are a 3rd Gen Kpop group.

Fun Fact:
I've met many people who assume EXO is a 3rd gen group but little do they know, EXO is really a 2nd gen group
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
how is AOA third generation but exo second gen 😂😂:sanathink:
EXO debuted the year before AOA, in 2011. 2011 is the cut off for 2nd gen groups. AOA debuted in 2012, being the start year of the 3rd gen groups.
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
Exo debuted in 2012? :jisoosmh: :jisoosmh:
1468834800974322.jpg
S264433456555.jpg
So these other EXO-Ls gonna let me live a lie like that??? I've been attacked once for saying they debuted in 2012...

Imma go cry in a corner now- :yolk:
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
lol where did that happen? Twitter?

lol it's fine, I make so many mistakes about kpop info and you'd think for how long I've been around, I'd have some core knowledge memorised... but my brain is small. we are all susceptible to these kinds of mistakes
Yeah I guess so. EXO is awesome though!
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Early 3rd gen, and their biggest hits were in 2014 too, same year Red Velvet and Mamamoo debuted.

I find groups like Apink, Sistar, Girl's Day to be more of those transitional groups who debuted towards the end of 2nd gen but had their biggest hits in the 3rd gen. I guess even in this gen there are groups like IDLE and Loona who debuted just as 3rd gen was ending coz they feel like contemporaries to Itzy and TXT in a way.
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
So these other EXO-Ls gonna let me live a lie like that??? I've been attacked once for saying they debuted in 2012...

Imma go cry in a corner now- :yolk:
EXO officially debuted with Mama in April 2012, but the pre-debut teaser era started December 2011. That might be where some fans think that they debuted in 2011.

As for AoA, I think the 2012 groups kicked off third generation. EXO, AoA, BtoB, Nuest, BAP, Vixx etc. It was a good year for debuting groups :sanapray:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

HopeOnTheStreet

⚜ Hopin' around ⚜
.
Joined
12 July 2019
Messages
577
Reactions Received
2,804
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think they're 3rd gen, they debuted in the same year as Exo but didn't have their longevity. Biggest hits in 2014 so basically early 3rd gen. Also Seolhyun had a lot of success during 3rd gen with her activities.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
for sure early third gen. makes the most sense. I think there are other groups that can be debated on way more
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread