18+ The purge has started on Tumblr (1 Viewer)

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship


As you may know, Tumblr decided to make its users leave start an adult content ban. So basically NSFW and porn content is banned, regular posts are flagged, blogs can't be accesed. But all the pornbots are still there. I mean there are lots of videochat blogs that are still up. How is this possible when regular bloggers are affected? I find it a big bullshit. To be honest, I had NSFW content on my blog. It wasn't porn, but it was sexy so I was a good girl and marked my blog as explicit. But I'm affected by this stupid rule. Now I can't even acces my blog on browser and my dp and cover were deleted. I had a tumblr blog for almost 6 years and taking the freedom like this it's just not fair. Why don't ban the content that is not marked but it's porn? Or specific pornbots?
Anyway, Tumblr was known for its freedom, but now there's censorship. The Tumblr users have a protest today by logging off from their accounts. So, if you sustain the cause you can join the protest.

 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Yea they are just hurting users with this. Porn bots will find their way around this and who will get hurt is fanartists and those who have reblogged erotic art.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
what even is tumblr 🤔
 

Wonder_530948

Chill Guy
.
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
596
Reactions Received
2,907
Location
Turkey
Website
discord.gg
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he
I don't use it anyway, i hear it's name from time to time, but i never was interested in making an account, and i respect their decision, it's their site and they are rightful to enforce whatever they want into it, i do feel bad for the users that had nsfw content posted on their profiles before, but thinking about it now, it may be unfair for new users too if they left the tons of nsfw content from before the new decision was enforced, i think it may have been an unfair decision to remove older content, maybe should've at least kept the marked ones and marked the unmarked ones and started applying the new rule on newer posts, but other than that, i'm totally fine with their decision, i can see lots of nsfw bloggers leaving the site but i bet they knew that was going to happen before taking action, so they really want to make this change, let's see how this goes in the future~
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I don't use it anyway, i hear it's name from time to time, but i never was interested in making an account, and i respect their decision, it's their site and they are rightful to enforce whatever they want into it, i do feel bad for the users that had nsfw content posted on their profiles before, but thinking about it now, it may be unfair for new users too if they left the tons of nsfw content from before the new decision was enforced, i think it may have been an unfair decision to remove older content, maybe should've at least kept the marked ones and marked the unmarked ones and started applying the new rule on newer posts, but other than that, i'm totally fine with their decision, i can see lots of nsfw bloggers leaving the site but i bet they knew that was going to happen before taking action, so they really want to make this change, let's see how this goes in the future~
Well, if a blog is marked as explicit, only +18 users can access it so I don't see a problem for this. I mean you get NSFW if you search for it. And the problem is, the actual porn blogs are not banned, but the blogs with erotic art and artsy sexy posts. That's why everybody is pissed
 

Wonder_530948

Chill Guy
.
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
596
Reactions Received
2,907
Location
Turkey
Website
discord.gg
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he
Well, if a blog is marked as explicit, only +18 users can access it so I don't see a problem for this. I mean you get NSFW if you search for it. And the problem is, the actual porn blogs are not banned, but the blogs with erotic art and artsy sexy posts. That's why everybody is pissed
Well, that's something else, and it seems too much to me, why would they ban erotic art and leave porn whole blogs?! Did they provide an explanation for all this issue? I mean, i'd respect their decision if they were to ban 18+ content, but banning some and leaving some makes no sense.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Well, that's something else, and it seems too much to me, why would they ban erotic art and leave porn whole blogs?! Did they provide an explanation for all this issue? I mean, i'd respect their decision if they were to ban 18+ content, but banning some and leaving some makes no sense.
That's exactly what they are doing. There are lots of pornbots and disgusting blogs, but they worry about artsy erotic blogs marked as explicit that are not even listed to minors. Yeah, but it was all bullshit, expecially after all this mess. I mean, even their announce was flagged as porn lol. Go for the real problem, not for colateral victims xD

 

Wonder_530948

Chill Guy
.
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
596
Reactions Received
2,907
Location
Turkey
Website
discord.gg
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he
That's exactly what they are doing. There are lots of pornbots and disgusting blogs, but they worry about artsy erotic blogs marked as explicit that are not even listed to minors. Yeah, but it was all bullshit, expecially after all this mess. I mean, even their announce was flagged as porn lol. Go for the real problem, not for colateral victims xD

I don't understand where they're coming from with "with some exceptions". May those exceptions be the porn blogs you're talking about?! Because logically, those things should be the first to get removed as they're saying they want to change who they want to be to their community...
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I don't understand where they're coming from with "with some exceptions". May those exceptions be the porn blogs you're talking about?! Because logically, those things should be the first to get removed as they're saying they want to change who they want to be to their community...
They say art will not be banned. But it is... even non-sexy at all is flagged. I've seen a puppy being flagged :zoomeyes: the pornbots are smarter than tumblr so they marked their content as safe
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I hardly ever use tumblr anyway, but I think it's stupid that they decided to remove NSFW content. Even if it's not porn they're still taking down a lot of art, stories, etc. that are 18+. I can understand removing actual porn, but I disagree with removing the users art, fanfics, and whatever else they've made.
 
Q

Queen

They didn't shut down my blog that was dedicated to nsfw content and there's still posts that literally have people's butts showing lol. They seem to really have a hold on everything :nosejoo:

 
M

mysteric

adding onto tumblr being dumb, they flagged random posts for no reason and were shadowbanning people too for no reason

Their algorithm is just really messed up at this point
The staff post about the ban got flagged lmao
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I do have problem with the premise since censorship is getting quite strong around and tumblr used to be go to place for mature art and this not meaning porn, but any kind of art that had something sexual or nudity in it. Lot of artist had established themselves there too and I have seen many trying to find solutions, trying to make some other less suited sites work, moving their work behind patreon's paywall etc. The problem with this is that there isn't quite replacement for tumblr at the moment, meaning social media that would function as blogs. After Fanfiction.net did similar feat, banned all adult fics, users moved to AO3, but now it's bit harder to know where to move. Some left for twitter, some insta, some pixiv, some pillowforth..
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread