The Real Reason Why BTS Fans Are Frustrated With the 2019 People's Choice Awards Results (1 Viewer)

Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
This is all from my source.
Anyone who knows me on this site knows I am a big ARMY but I like other groups.
I just want to make it clear that I have nothing against BlackPink or any of the members.
I've never been a huge fan of BlackPink but again, I have NO issues with them.

I just wanted to make this clear before people think I am being salty.


The Real Reason Why BTS Fans Are Frustrated With the 2019 People's Choice Awards Results

We’re less than two months away from 2020. And yet, BTS fans are still trying to get the music industry to understand the impact of the K-pop group. Throughout the past year, BTS has consistently delivered No. 1 hits on the Billboard charts and the Love Yourself: Speak Yourself tour extension sold out in stadiums worldwide. Meanwhile, ARMY has shown up on social media to vote for BTS’s end-of-the-year award shows. However, it seems their organized efforts didn’t pay off on Nov. 10, as BTS was snubbed at the 2019 E! People’s Choice Awards.

BTS did not win any of their 2019 People’s Choice Awards nominations
BTS backstage during the 61st Annual GRAMMY Awards at Staples Center on February 10, 2019

Members of BTS | Michael Kovac/Getty Images for The Recording Academy


BTS was nominated for three PCAs. The K-pop group was nominated for Best Concert Tour for Love Yourself: Speak Yourself and Best Music Video for “Boy With Luv.” They were also nominated for Favorite Group, alongside Jonas Brothers, 5 Seconds of Summer, Panic! At the Disco, Imagine Dragons, CNCO, BLACKPINK, and The Chainsmokers.
As the NBC Universal program is a fan-voted event, ARMY felt confident in their win in at least one of the categories. But by the end of the night, BTS and ARMY lost to BLACKPINK in every category at the 2019 People’s Choice Awards.

BTS fans react to the 2019 People’s Choice Awards results and snubs
​
여러분들과 함께 했던 이번 투어 덕분에 저희가 이렇게 다같이 웃고 있습니다 ☺
정말 고맙고 다시한번 사랑한다는 말 전해드릴게요
사랑합니다 #JIMIN#BTS pic.twitter.com/zeqOMsgjQD
— 방탄소년단 (@BTS_twt) October 29, 2019​

Although BLACKPINK’s wins at the 2019 PCAs still speak volumes to the impact of the K-pop industry as a whole, many fans were also confused with the results.
“One last thing on BTS being robbed,” one fan wrote on Twitter. “The ARMY goes SO HARD for those guys. There’s NO WAY they didn’t win the concert tour award. No way. They bring in so many votes on just twitter alone. They are so powerful when it comes to fan votes. Robbed.”

“Listen, I love BlackPink. But howcome they won every award category that BTS was in?” another fan tweeted. “I mostly confused about the world tour. Like BTS toured pretty much everwhere, sold out every single concert, had fireworks and free merch, and what was BlackPink’s tour? I’m not being salty.”
​
우리가 밝게 웃을수 있다는건 아미가 우리 행복하게 만들어줬기때문 ‍♂ pic.twitter.com/8CnTVI2Br6
— 방탄소년단 (@BTS_twt) October 29, 2019​
But ultimately, the final People’s Choice Awards results felt like a slap in the face, especially to the members of ARMY who consistently voted for BTS.

“So for an awards show asking for the PEOPLE’s CHOICE, meaning people’s votes/input, the awards show just yeeted the very meaning of their own awards out of the window and bowed down to shady pressure from somewhere else?” another fan tweeted. “BTS was robbed and we will NOT support PCAs in the future.”
Meanwhile, some BTS fans brought in the receipts, referencing the large discrepancy in votes on Twitter. That said, no one has access to the total number of votes from E!’s website. Other members of ARMY also revealed the People’s Choice Awards rules on the E! News website says NBC Universal has the right to select the winner if a finalist cannot be determined.

Members of BTS at Celebrity Sightings In Los Angeles - November 15, 2017

Members of BTS | RB/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images

The rules state:​
The nominee who receives the highest number of valid votes in each category, as determined by Administrator and as described above, will be deemed the potential winner of the category; provided that in the event of technical or reporting difficulties with the Voting Methods, or in the event two or more nominees receive the same number of votes such that the finalists and/or winner(s) cannot be determined, or for any other reason NBCU deems appropriate, NBCU reserves the right to make the final determination as to which of the nominees will be declared the winner of the category. ​
So naturally, BTS fans couldn’t help but wonder if the People’s Choice Awards falsified the results.

“BTS really didn’t win at the PCAS? more proof that award shows nowadays are rigged,” one fan wrote.
“The PCAs trying to come up with an excuse tomorrow as to why BTS didn’t win despite all of the numbers,” another fan wrote.

Fans celebrate BTS anyways with #ARMYsChoiceBTS
​
다같이 브링 더 소울을 보았습니다 pic.twitter.com/omlkMKluOt
— 방탄소년단 (@BTS_twt) August 6, 2019​
Following BTS’s snubs at the People’s Choice Awards on Nov. 10, ARMY set social media on fire with a sea of loving tweets. They even trended both #ThePeopleChooseBTS and #ARMYsChoiceBTS worldwide with ease.

“I hope the boys know that tonight’s results isn’t a reflection on them…or ARMY, but another example of western awards being corrupt as anything,” one fan shared. “We love you so much [BTS] and will continue to fight for you.”

Meanwhile, other fans took the time to celebrate everything BTS and ARMY have achieved in the past year.

“Be proud of what you’ve helped BTS accomplish so far ARMYs,” a fan wrote on Twitter. “Be proud of your proactivity and support. We‘re really THAT fandom stanning THAT group and we’ve got so much more exciting things ahead of us. 보라해 BTS and ARMYs.”

Regardless of what happened at the 2019 People’s Choice Awards, it’s clear BTS fans are just as passionate as ever. And quite frankly, the simultaneous outrage in regards to the snubs and outpouring love for the K-pop group proves ARMY is a force to be reckoned with. But we know they’ll put the energy to good use and vote for BTS in other major end-of-the-year award shows. Let’s get it.

BlackPink and BTS were only entered into 3 categories.
Winner in bold.

People's Choice Awards 2019: Group of 2019
Jonas Brothers
BTS
5 Seconds Of Summer
Panic! At The Disco
CNCO
Imagine Dragons
The Chainsmokers
BLACKPINK

People's Choice Awards 2019: Music Video of 2019
Daddy Yankee & Snow, “Con Calma”
Taylor Swift feat. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco, “ME!”
BLACKPINK, “Kill This Love”
Ariana Grande, “7 Rings”
Billie Eilish, “Bad Guy”
BTS feat. Halsey, “Boy With Luv”
Sam Smith, Normani, “Dancing With a Stranger”
Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello, “Señorita”

People's Choice Awards 2019: Concert Tour of 2019
BTS, Love Yourself, Speak Yourself
Lady Gaga, Enigma
Ariana Grande, Sweetener
Pink, Beautiful Trauma
Justin Timberlake, Man of the Woods
Jennifer Lopez, It’s My Party
Cher, Here We Go Again Tour
BLACKPINK, BLACKPINK 2019 World

Source1
Source2

 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
all should just be happy that some female kpop representatives won something. blackpink deserves it too.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm bit.. on fence I guess. Award shows aren't always most fair and sometimes it doesn't really make sense who won. But I cannot help but wonder how much of that is part of armys simply being jealous at Blackpink's win and wanting to discredit it. Cause things like we worked and voted so hard, well so did the another fandom.. everyone votes hard. That's not rly reason why someone should have won. And armys and Blinks haven't been most calm fandoms about things like these and they don't like each other.

I agree that numbers show lot more, but I saw people saying that lot of people voted with bots which was reduced from actual vote and that blinks had lot of organizing voting towards the site itself and not twitter where votes were limited. I'm not sure if this is true though. It's just hard to get info when two groups are rly biased towards their choice. But automatically thinking things are rigged and starting hashstag is just igniting fanfight. Ideal situation would been BTS winning some and BP some, though if another took 2 and another 1 i think we would still be in this situation.
 
Last edited:
Joined
7 November 2019
Messages
898
Reactions Received
2,608
Location
Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
it actually suprised me that bts didnt win, not even one award, especially since it looks like they had more votes
i was too but at least one of the won. we never know bts and blackpink could of had a tie and then one person voted and boom. i'm proud of both for working sooooo hard ok the lost this time but in 2018 they won.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,220
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,672
Ship
Wreck
I mean an American award show is never a good thing to get bent out of shape over when it comes to Kpop since it really doesn't mean anything.

The only reason people are still talking about this is because BTS didn't win anything not because the show actually means anything, if Blackpink won MV, BTS won Tour and Group, not a single person would care right now.
 
Joined
7 November 2019
Messages
898
Reactions Received
2,608
Location
Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Bts would be disappointed i mean i'm sure there happy that another Korean band won cause the more Korean band that participate the more people acknowledge korean and that what they want to do. share there culter and make people smile. not argue
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I see nothing wrong with Blackpink winning, in the end it’s just an award show that doesn’t mean very much. It was still a kpop group that was representing a genre that we all like so I would still consider it a win. BTS have won awards in the past so I guess I see no reason for somebody to get angry over it. I hope this didn’t come off as rude that wasn’t my intention.
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i don't think it's that deep, after all it's just an award show that, as many have said, doesn't have much meaning to it. we really don't need to turn anything into a fanwar. i don't consider myself a fan of BP, but i'm very happy for their achievement as it's still great to see a k-pop group being recognised.
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
all should just be happy that some female kpop representatives won something. blackpink deserves it too.
I'm bit.. on fence I guess. Award shows aren't always most fair and sometimes it doesn't really make sense who won. But I cannot help but wonder how much of that is part of armys simply being jealous at Blackpink's win and wanting to discredit it. Cause things like we worked and voted so hard, well so did the another fandom.. everyone votes hard. That's not rly reason why someone should have won. And armys and Blinks haven't been most calm fandoms about things like these and they don't like each other.

I agree that numbers show lot more, but I saw people saying that lot of people voted with bots which was reduced from actual vote and that blinks had lot of organizing voting towards the site itself and not twitter where votes were limited. I'm not sure if this is true though. It's just hard to get info when two groups are rly biased towards their choice. But automatically thinking things are rigged and starting hashstag is just igniting fanfight. Ideal situation would been BTS winning some and BP some, though if another took 2 and another 1 i think we would still be in this situation.
i was too but at least one of the won. we never know bts and blackpink could of had a tie and then one person voted and boom. i'm proud of both for working sooooo hard ok the lost this time but in 2018 they won.
no matter who won we should always be happy for them!!! :sanapray:
I mean an American award show is never a good thing to get bent out of shape over when it comes to Kpop since it really doesn't mean anything.

The only reason people are still talking about this is because BTS didn't win anything not because the show actually means anything, if Blackpink won MV, BTS won Tour and Group, not a single person would care right now.
Bts would be disappointed i mean i'm sure there happy that another Korean band won cause the more Korean band that participate the more people acknowledge korean and that what they want to do. share there culter and make people smile. not argue
I see nothing wrong with Blackpink winning, in the end it’s just an award show that doesn’t mean very much. It was still a kpop group that was representing a genre that we all like so I would still consider it a win. BTS have won awards in the past so I guess I see no reason for somebody to get angry over it. I hope this didn’t come off as rude that wasn’t my intention.
i don't think it's that deep, after all it's just an award show that, as many have said, doesn't have much meaning to it. we really don't need to turn anything into a fanwar. i don't consider myself a fan of BP, but i'm very happy for their achievement as it's still great to see a k-pop group being recognised.
Im sorry if I came off like I was against BlackPink. I'm not. I just saw the article and thought it would be something interesting to discuss. Sorry if I seem to be against them.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Im sorry if I came off like I was against BlackPink. I'm not. I just saw the article and thought it would be something interesting to discuss. Sorry if I seem to be against them.
no hun it is ok. you made it clear that it was from somewhere else and not your own opinion
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,220
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,672
Ship
Wreck
Im sorry if I came off like I was against BlackPink. I'm not. I just saw the article and thought it would be something interesting to discuss. Sorry if I seem to be against them.
There's no need to apologise, my statement wasn't directed at you just on the subject overall
 
Joined
7 November 2019
Messages
898
Reactions Received
2,608
Location
Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
i don't think it's that deep, after all it's just an award show that, as many have said, doesn't have much meaning to it. we really don't need to turn anything into a fanwar. i don't consider myself a fan of BP, but i'm very happy for their achievement as it's still great to see a k-pop group being recognised.
i'm a multi fan so it be like fan war and i'm like
45096
45097
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
They're basing it all off of Twitter votes when all accounts that were kept track said they included bots as well and PCA wouldn't. Not only that but it's not just Twitter votes that matter
Blinks were exceptionally strong in other areas like FB that I haven't seen for BTS. BTS isn't gonna win everything and the world isn't against

To be blunt, this is some cry baby bitch behavior and not much else. Most of the top tweets for PeopleChoseBTS are flat out shitting on the Pinks, sexually harassing them and bs conspiracy theories. Most accounts are going off based on "UMG owning PCA(wrong,)" "YG/UMG bought it for them (wrong)"
That's it.
That's the strongest argument y'all got
5sos fans congratulated the Pinks
Swifties congratulated the Pinks
Armys...
IMG_20191111_075057.jpg
IMG_20191111_074939.jpg
IMG_20191111_040643.jpg
IMG_20191111_015556.jpg
IMG_20191111_005241.jpg
IMG_20191110_235928.jpg
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
They're basing it all off of Twitter votes when all accounts that were kept track said they included bots as well and PCA wouldn't. Not only that but it's not just Twitter votes that matter
Blinks were exceptionally strong in other areas like FB that I haven't seen for BTS. BTS isn't gonna win everything and the world isn't against

To be blunt, this is some cry baby bitch behavior and not much else. Most of the top tweets for PeopleChoseBTS are flat out shitting on the Pinks, sexually harassing them and bs conspiracy theories. Most accounts are going off based on "UMG owning PCA(wrong,)" "YG/UMG bought it for them (wrong)"
That's it.
That's the strongest argument y'all got
5sos fans congratulated the Pinks
Swifties congratulated the Pinks
Armys...
IMG_20191111_075057.jpg
IMG_20191111_074939.jpg
IMG_20191111_040643.jpg
IMG_20191111_015556.jpg
IMG_20191111_005241.jpg
IMG_20191110_235928.jpg
I'm so disappointed in my fandom because of those tweets....

But, let them stay salty because the queens got some well deserved awards :taesip:
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
tbh, I can see how BP won Best Group and Best Music Video, simply cause both categories can easily be won by either group. In fact, with the Music Video one, I would even go further to say that BP had a better chance of winning. The only one I felt iffy with was the Concert Tour, I felt that this award would have gone to BTS. That's just my opinion tho.
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Also tho, ARMY behavior on twitter has been crappy. Like, just be happy for BP and not be petty af about it. Like trending hashtags that a majority use to be mean to Blinks and BP and to prove that BTS is better. This is what ARMY used to drag EXO-Ls for when BTS started to become famous.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Im sorry if I came off like I was against BlackPink. I'm not. I just saw the article and thought it would be something interesting to discuss. Sorry if I seem to be against them.
Oh don’t apologize, I didn’t think you were against Blackpink, I was just referring to the situation itself. I didn’t mean anything bad towards you I’m sorry if it came off that way.

:nekolove::nekolove:
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Im sorry if I came off like I was against BlackPink. I'm not. I just saw the article and thought it would be something interesting to discuss. Sorry if I seem to be against them.
you don't seem like this don't worry! i believe everyone out there is talking about the subject as a whole.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread