COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

The Top 15 Most Synchronized 3rd And 4th Generation K-Pop Girl Groups, According To Computer-Generated Data (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Boy Group version is here: Top 11 MOST Synchronized Boy Groups, According To Computer-Generated Data - KPopSource - International KPOP Forum Community.

Wow! Who would have known IZ*ONE would be number 1? They are that in sync? :hayshook:
Also, I thought Gfriend would have been just ahead of Dreamcatcher as Gahyeon used to make little mistakes here and there, bless her lol although she's definitely improved.
I think Loona are really good at being in sync.
I'm surprised at how low RV are.
What do you think of this list?

I may do the BG version soon.

Source: The Top 15 Most Synchronized 3rd And 4th Generation K-Pop Girl Groups, According To Computer-Generated Data

The Top 15 Most Synchronized 3rd And 4th Generation K-Pop Girl Groups, According To Computer-Generated Data
The top 2 both have 10+ members!

Something that K-Pop groups are known for is their incredibly synchronized dancing. A YouTube channel by the name of “techie_ray” analyzed the synchronization of various K-Pop groups using computer-generated data. Here’s a quick explanation of how the data was generated.

Step 1. Compiling clean samples
The first step was to compile a couple of clean samples of the members of a specific group doing the same move and having good spacing.

Step 2. Uploading the samples to his app
The second step was putting the samples from step 1 into an app.

Step 3. Creating the model
The app would then break down the video into frames and create a 2D model for each member in each frame.

Step 4. Finding gradients
The app then calculated the gradience between corresponding joints.

Step 5. Calculating the synchronization
The app then calculated the average synchronization score across all the frames.

15. Red Velvet - 89.79%
14. Everglow - 89.89%
13. (G)I-DLE - 90.12%
12. Blackpink - 91.32%
11. CLC - 91.96%
10. Oh My Girl - 92.65%
09. TWICE - 92.77%
08. MOMOLAND - 93.17%
07. Gfriend - 93.79%
06. Weki Meki - 94.09%
05. ITZY - 94.42%
04. WJSN - 94.52%
03. Dreamcatcher - 94.55%
02. Loona - 94.72%
01. IZ*ONE - 95.87%

Here is the full video below!

Last edited:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
LOONA at #2 yass :sj_weary:
Tbh I think groups with more members have more detailed routines and the moves by themselves are relatively less demanding than say what Itzy does, so being in sync is kinda easier.
IZ*ONE is also very smart about how they utilize formations. For the more flowy, fluid stuff, they have the full group. When things get more intense or a dance break, they usually have Chaeyeon and 3-4 others that can keep up with her but not the full group. Loona and WJSN do this too.

With smaller groups like Itzy, RV or BP they usually can't afford that and so every member has to do every step in the choreo.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm not that surprised with RV tbh. Their choreo is usually good but they're not as synchronized as people may think, however I thought G-friend would be top 5 and it's not. Another interesting thing is that the only Big3 gg in top 5 it's ITZY.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread