The universe can’t decide when I should make this dish (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,392
Reactions Received
151,404
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
There’s a dish I want to make, it has a variety of ingredients, including one I can’t find at our grocery stores. I ordered those ingredients online, and was told they’d arrive on the 7th. Okay, I put the 8th as the day to make that dish. Then one was delayed until the 8th. Fine, I’ll make it on the 9th. Then that one was 2 days early, so I was like okay, I’ll make it on the 8th after all. Then I checked on the plantain I bought and it’s still not ripe so I decided on the 9th again. Too much changing :pandamad: If the plantain remains that unripe in the next couple days I may have to move it even more. I just want the dish, is that too much to ask for?
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate and Nina

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,392
Reactions Received
151,404
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
put it in a paper bag with other ripe fruits, I read it will ripe faster that way. :susPepe:
I did :coronawimwim: Doesn’t seem to have improved the ripening though unfortunately
 

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,392
Reactions Received
75,467
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
142,033
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
You can put the plantain in a warm setting a day before you plan on making it, like on top of the stove if you plan to turn your oven on. On top of a conventional over if you plan on turning that on.
Direct sunlight if the room isn't too cold.

Or stick it in the oven for a while on it's lowest temp for 30 min- 1 hour, turn it off after and leave them in there to sit in the remaining heat.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,392
Reactions Received
151,404
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
You can put the plantain in a warm setting a day before you plan on making it, like on top of the stove if you plan to turn your oven on. On top of a conventional over if you plan on turning that on.
Direct sunlight if the room isn't too cold.

Or stick it in the oven for a while on it's lowest temp for 30 min- 1 hour, turn it off after and leave them in there to sit in the remaining heat.
Interesting, I haven’t heard those. If I’m making something on the stove today, would it work to have it nearby? Like maybe on another burner? As for temp idk what the minimum for our oven actually is, but I’d imagine the bread proof setting might be cool enough? I’m not sure what a typical lowest setting is. I’m thinking if that’s low enough that might be better, the stove idea seems like it’ll be distributing heat unequally. Sadly the sunlight won’t work for sure, but the oven might
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nina

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,392
Reactions Received
151,404
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
You can put the plantain in a warm setting a day before you plan on making it, like on top of the stove if you plan to turn your oven on. On top of a conventional over if you plan on turning that on.
Direct sunlight if the room isn't too cold.

Or stick it in the oven for a while on it's lowest temp for 30 min- 1 hour, turn it off after and leave them in there to sit in the remaining heat.
Okay the bread proof setting is 95 degrees Fahrenheit and lowest oven one Is 175 Fahrenheit. Is the 175 better?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nina

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,392
Reactions Received
75,467
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
142,033
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
Interesting, I haven’t heard those. If I’m making something on the stove today, would it work to have it nearby? Like maybe on another burner? As for temp idk what the minimum for our oven actually is, but I’d imagine the bread proof setting might be cool enough? I’m not sure what a typical lowest setting is. I’m thinking if that’s low enough that might be better, the stove idea seems like it’ll be distributing heat unequally. Sadly the sunlight won’t work for sure, but the oven might
As long as where you put it is warm to the touch. Easier in the summer, difficult in the winter.
:joshmeh: You could probably leave it in the bathroom if anyone loves taking long hot showers.
Bread proof setting sounds good. I usually stick unripe bananas in the oven when I'm setting yogurt. :icgyu: Winter banana bread at the speed of light.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,392
Reactions Received
151,404
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
As long as where you put it is warm to the touch. Easier in the summer, difficult in the winter.
:joshmeh: You could probably leave it in the bathroom if anyone loves taking long hot showers.
Bread proof setting sounds good. I usually stick unripe bananas in the oven when I'm setting yogurt. :icgyu: Winter banana bread at the speed of light.
Yeah our house is cold af in the winter :coronawimwim: I guess I’ll try the bread proof setting, I’m just worried that it might not be warm enough to fully ripen since it’s quite a bit lower than the lowest typical temp. I guess I’ll just google it before setting it to see what randos on the internet have to say :sakUwu:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nina

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,392
Reactions Received
75,467
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
142,033
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
Okay the bread proof setting is 95 degrees Fahrenheit and lowest oven one Is 175 Fahrenheit. Is the 175 better?
:susPepe:You can try 175. Every environment is different tho. My kitchen is an extension so it's basically a fridge in the cold season. And my oven lowest hits 200 (I put it on 200 for 5 minutes and then turn it off. Leave yogurt to set or dough to proof for a couple hours. Remains warm enough for that time)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,392
Reactions Received
151,404
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
:susPepe:You can try 175. Every environment is different tho. My kitchen is an extension so it's basically a fridge in the cold season. And my oven lowest hits 200 (I put it on 200 for 5 minutes and then turn it off. Leave yogurt to set or dough to proof for a couple hours. Remains warm enough for that time)
I will try :sanapray: And I’ll be sure to babysit it so it doesn’t get too bad
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Nina

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread