The whole "XXX needs more lines" thing (1 Viewer)

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I agree with you. Line distrubution has never really been something that I've been bothered about but I feel like fans lowkey shade the member that got the most lines and I just feel sorry towards the idol. They didn't choose their parts, they were given them... As for Soyeon, she writes her songs. I don't see a problem in her getting the most lines at all. She fits the concept the most.

I've read some terrible comments about Soyeon with their latest comeback because of the number of lines she has and it felt horrible. They called her an attention-seeker and selfish person for getting a few more lines for a song she wrote herself. :c
 
  • Like
Reactions: RainbowDevil

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,594
Reactions Received
43,659
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,402
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i agree to some extent. i understand the complaints with songs like "no lie" by everglow where the situation is almost as bad as that ioi song and giving the line "baby no lie" repeated all the time to someone else wouldn't seriously affect the song, its popularity and so on or with "hi high" by loona where one of the main vocalists, haseul has only 2 seconds. but other than that, i don't think anyone should expect the line distribution to be perfectly even because that's just impossible. also it annoys me when people blame the member who gets the most lines for the distribution being what they call unfair when most of the time it's not their fault at all and they had nothing to do with this.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Oh look, it's Mia and palls, must be cause she gets preferential treatment
except it's cause she fits the song the best and if it wasn't her singing in those parts the songs wouldn't even be as popular as they are
and a friendly reminder that she's the Main vocalist... weird that she would have so many singing parts, how could they!
NEXT!!!
I think Mia gets.... a BIT too much, I agree she should have more lines, but like... at times it goes overboard.


Sehun and Kai do not need more lines, they get all the cringe lines as is, and they are the main dancers especially now that Lay is... on hiatus...
They have 3 extremely powerful vocals, and 2 more solid ones in Xiumin and Suho, they also just so happen to actually have someone that knows how to rap, partially.
This one never even made sense to begin with...
I don't think I have ever seen anybody complain about the lines Kai gets.... He gets a LOT for a sub-vocal and sub-dancer.
I haven't seen ppl complain about Sehun's lines for a while either.


In most cases I agree with you, I don't ask for equal line distributions. I ask for FAIR line distributions and treatment.

If my girl Chaeyeon of IZ*ONE, in the top 5 of IZ*ONE vocalists, is constantly in the bottom 4 of line distributions. While also being the best dancer by FAR and getting very little center time in choreos + also being on the very far sides in the choreos too damn often.... THIS is when I have a problem.

THAT is a situation where I have a problem. Unfair line distributions HAPPEN in kpop, just not as often as ppl complain about them.
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
I agree with you. Line distrubution has never really been something that I've been bothered about but I feel like fans lowkey shade the member that got the most lines and I just feel sorry towards the idol. They didn't choose their parts, they were given them... As for Soyeon, she writes her songs. I don't see a problem in her getting the most lines at all. She fits the concept the most.

I've read some terrible comments about Soyeon with their latest comeback because of the number of lines she has and it felt horrible. They called her an attention-seeker and selfish person for getting a few more lines for a song she wrote herself. :c
Smart-tato :sanapray: Yea people really do be that petty when a person so devoted to making her group unique and good gets more lines...
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
I think Mia gets.... a BIT too much, I agree she should have more lines, but like... at times it goes overboard.



I don't think I have ever seen anybody complain about the lines Kai gets.... He gets a LOT for a sub-vocal and sub-dancer.
I haven't seen ppl complain about Sehun's lines for a while either.


In most cases I agree with you, I don't ask for equal line distributions. I ask for FAIR line distributions and treatment.

If my girl Chaeyeon of IZ*ONE, in the top 5 of IZ*ONE vocalists, is constantly in the bottom 4 of line distributions. While also being the best dancer by FAR and getting very little center time in choreos + also being on the very far sides in the choreos too damn often.... THIS is when I have a problem.

THAT is a situation where I have a problem. Unfair line distributions HAPPEN in kpop, just not as often as ppl complain about them.
Fair enough I do agree with those statements. I was kinda pissed off when i wrote the OG thread so yes you are correct.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread