- Joined
- 22 February 2019
- Messages
- 2,548
- Reactions Received
- 9,068
- Location
- under these bitches skin
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Female
November 2018. enough said. if you know why then you know.
seriously, I was active on akp at that time as well along with being really active on stan twitter which is literally hell reincarnated. on akp there were like 20 pages worth of hate on Jennie because of the lazy thing, and the group, in general, was getting so much hate. on twitter, there were hate tweets coming out about Jennie with 20k likes... to the point where she was personally affected. it was heartbreaking.That's exactly when I became a blink rip
Was only active on AKP too
Tough times![]()
we do it for the girls. I torture myself every day by going on twitter and not seeing a comeback announcement, but it's all worth it for the one magical day when we actually do get a comeback announcement.It's hard to be a BLINK every day. Honestly, I applaud all BLINKs who endure this torture.
i really hope you get one soonwe do it for the girls. I torture myself every day by going on twitter and not seeing a comeback announcement, but it's all worth it for the one magical day when we actually do get a comeback announcement.
I remember when the mods just gave up on the policing the BP hate, merged the dozens of threads people kept posting into one and just left it at that. That shitshow was STRESSFULseriously, I was active on akp at that time as well along with being really active on stan twitter which is literally hell reincarnated. on akp there were like 20 pages worth of hate on Jennie because of the lazy thing, and the group, in general, was getting so much hate. on twitter, there were hate tweets coming out about Jennie with 20k likes... to the point where she was personally affected. it was heartbreaking.
seriously, the mods DID NOT CARE AT ALL. that thread went on for WEEKS. and they did nothing but merging them all together and watching while Jennie was getting dragged to the pits of hell. it was a serious shitshow.I remember when the mods just gave up on the policing the BP hate, merged the dozens of threads people kept posting into one and just left it at that. That shitshow was STRESSFUL
The minute I started being a blink, everyone was pissed off at Jennie. When it was rumored she was getting a solo, they were pissed. When it was announced, they were pissed. When the teasers came out, they were pissed. When it charted well, they were pissed. When she won on music shows, they were pissed. When song came out, they were pissed. When she promoted, they were pissed. When the lazy thing happened, they were pissed. When she got better, they were pissed. When she started dating, they were pissed. That facebook page that was unconfirmed but one user deadass made a whole YT video for trying to play Nancy Drew and literally spread it
Literally all of it within 2ish months
Being a Blink back then meant constant anxiety whenever people made BP threads, even positive ones
exactly like even as a blink myself ill admit that Jennie could have done better in some moments of those concerts in Seoul... but at the end of the day the people at the concert mostly enjoyed themselves. people who aren't blinks should have minded their business. instead, the whole situation was blown so out of proportion and we ended up getting a month's worth of ruthless hate on Jennie. even when she got better, people still continued with the Jennie lazy narrative. it was just a sad time in general. I never want to go back to that.I only officially became a blink after KTL, but even for me this time was rough
It was as if a bunch of hyenas were waiting for their prey to trip just the tiniest bit and they all suddenly ran in to tear it apart. Like, it wasn't valid criticism, it was literally just people foaming at the mouth waiting for another thing to hate on whether they actually cared about it or not. The actual fans who went to the concert and were disappointed were 100% valid to be upset but most of them understood the situation when there was an explanation for it, everyone who didn't go to those concerts literally have nothing to complain about and they didn't even care whether Jennie wasn't feel well or not as long as they had something to bash her for.
I don't think they had to mind their own business per say, like if they were gonna give actual contructive criticism (like I just did like those fans paid money to come see their idol because of her talent and unfortunately they didn't get to see that, but again it wasn't exactly in Jennie's hands if she wasn't well) then it wouldn't be so bad. No one cared about the actual problem tho, it was just something to bash her for. Rather than minding their own business cuz they're not blinks, i'd say they should mind their own business if they're not trying to add anything to the conversation and just want to thrive on the negativity instead u know?exactly like even as a blink myself ill admit that Jennie could have done better in some moments of those concerts in Seoul... but at the end of the day the people at the concert mostly enjoyed themselves. people who aren't blinks should have minded their business. instead, the whole situation was blown so out of proportion and we ended up getting a month's worth of ruthless hate on Jennie. even when she got better, people still continued with the Jennie lazy narrative. it was just a sad time in general. I never want to go back to that.
I guess what I meant by "mind their business" was for some of them to not dig as deep as they were into the situation. making videos that had over 2million views about the lazy thing comparing her performances, the hate tweets on twitter that got over 20k likes, them watching Jennie until she makes a mistake so they can hate again. people can leave their criticism and go, and some did. but the majority did not. this whole problem should have stayed in the blink fandom. it should not have blown up the way that it did, it was basically an event in the kpop community. there have been a shit ton of idols who lacked on stage, people did not hate them the way they hated Jennie. it stayed in the fandom, people from other fandoms gave their criticism and left. it should have been the same way with Jennie. that's what I meant but I get your point.I don't think they had to mind their own business per say, like if they were gonna give actual contructive criticism (like I just did like those fans paid money to come see their idol because of her talent and unfortunately they didn't get to see that, but again it wasn't exactly in Jennie's hands if she wasn't well) then it wouldn't be so bad. No one cared about the actual problem tho, it was just something to bash her for. Rather than minding their own business cuz they're not blinks, i'd say they should mind their own business if they're not trying to add anything to the conversation and just want to thrive on the negativity instead u know?
Yeah I knew that's what u probably meant but I felt like digging into it cuz I felt like I was sort of portraying the wrong message a little too... dont want anyone to come be like 'thats bullshit everyone's allowed an opinion' when that's not what either of us really meant u kno? Yeah ik what u mean there's this one video about it that keeps popping up on my suggested videos and I hate it. What really irks me that some of these people will be like 'this isn't to hate on Jennie this is contructive' at the start of the video, and then continue to literally just bash her the entire video and not once mention the fact that she wasn't feeling well like contructive who? If you're going to make a hate video at least just admit to yourself that it's nothing but a hate video I can smell ur bullshit from miles awayI guess what I meant by "mind their business" was for some of them to not dig as deep as they were into the situation. making videos that had over 2million views about the lazy thing comparing her performances, the hate tweets on twitter that got over 20k likes, them watching Jennie until she makes a mistake so they can hate again. people can leave their criticism and go, and some did. but the majority did not. this whole problem should have stayed in the blink fandom. it should not have blown up the way that it did, it was basically an event in the kpop community. there have been a shit ton of idols who lacked on stage, people did not hate them the way they hated Jennie. it stayed in the fandom, people from other fandoms gave their criticism and left. it should have been the same way with Jennie. that's what I meant but I get your point.
exactly it annoyed the shit about of me when I would get suggestions for these Jennie lazy videos, like why were these getting reccomended to me?? and yes the biggest problems with these videos were that they were sheilded behind the excuse that they were just giving "constructive critisism" like?? no you arent, your pushing people to hate on Jennie. the reason why Jennie got all this hate is because everyone though calling her a "spoiled lazy brat who only cared about herself" was constructive criticism. anybody who tried defending Jennie was crucified. like there was really nothing blinks could do at that point except for waiting on Jennie to prove them wrong (which she did on the sbs gayo in 2018)Yeah I knew that's what u probably meant but I felt like digging into it cuz I felt like I was sort of portraying the wrong message a little too... dont want anyone to come be like 'thats bullshit everyone's allowed an opinion' when that's not what either of us really meant u kno? Yeah ik what u mean there's this one video about it that keeps popping up on my suggested videos and I hate it. What really irks me that some of these people will be like 'this isn't to hate on Jennie this is contructive' at the start of the video, and then continue to literally just bash her the entire video and not once mention the fact that she wasn't feeling well like contructive who? If you're going to make a hate video at least just admit to yourself that it's nothing but a hate video I can smell ur bullshit from miles away![]()
omg sis I just got triggered all over again yes I hated this, these ppl were the absolute worst and they can all smd tbhthe reason why Jennie got all this hate is because everyone though calling her a "spoiled lazy brat who only cared about herself" was constructive criticism.
so the hate campaign that went against her for months on end was justified?? calling her degrading names was justified? videos with over 2 million views with comments that dragged her to hell was justified? hate over anything that she did to the point where she was personally affected by it was justified?I love all the members of BP and they don't deserve the hate they get BUT I feel like Jennie's hate for her lazy dancing was justified. Of course it's bad that she got hate and probably felt really sad and bad about it.
But don't forget that people pay their hard earned money to see you. Of course they deserve the full experience with great dancing. If I'd be lazy and half-assing my job I'd be fired. And YG's way of handling it just added fuel to the fire. BUT I believe she learned from her mistake and will shine again like the Jennie we know (IF WE GET A GODDAMN COMEBACK).
In her defense tho, I'd be done doing my best too if I had a company that doesn't care about me except for the moneys I bring in. Plus, doing nothing makes you lazy.
it really was such a rough time. forums were barely doing anything about it either. instead, they ignored all of the rules that were set in place and let the Jennie hate train just flow right through. and also I think i know the thread that you're talking about, unless there were multiple threads on here about the Jennie lazy thing. I remember having to defend her from a mod, it was sad because it was months after the lazy thing and they were picking on small things about completely different performances. I really didn't think that people on here would be like that but I was pleased to see that people in the same thread were defending Jennie just as much as I was.worst time ever, i remember.. dunno what your names on kps were, i just remember @OnCloudJess, we were trying everything we could !!
it wasnt just haters, but people from the fandom itself, so called akgaes went really *****.. slut shaming, massive twitter hate .. IT WAS HELL !!!
Most hated idol between 2018-2019..
Hell even here on KPS mod itself started some bs thread about jennie being lazy.. like really.. ?
I remember, so many left kps after that thread.. why join kps when u can get the same bs in akp ..
bad times