the worst time to ever have been a blink was... (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
seriously, the mods DID NOT CARE AT ALL. that thread went on for WEEKS. and they did nothing but merging them all together and watching while Jennie was getting dragged to the pits of hell. it was a serious shitshow.

Jennie breathed and she got hate. people didn't even care if she got better, they just wanted to hate her. the whole situation was blown out of proportion... the hate has lightened up thankfully but she still gets hate for things that happened almost two years ago,
The way I had to fuss at the mods several times for them to understand that slut-shaming and defamation should be moderated and then they'd just half-ass it:we_kpopsourcing:

Jennie deserved criticism, not gonna argue that, but HATE IS NOT A CRITICISM. Jennie did not deserve hate. So many people tried to slide in calling her untalented, spoiled, bitchy etc and pass it off as criticism
 
Last edited:

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
so the hate campaign that went against her for months on end was justified?? calling her degrading names was justified? videos with over 2 million views with comments that dragged her to hell was justified? hate over anything that she did to the point where she was personally affected by it was justified?

I don't think you realize how much the kpop community hated on Jennie when all of this came out, it wasn't just a one-day thing that people got over, it was literally a series of events that went on for months on end, to the point, like I said, where it affected Jennie personally. and yes there was constructive criticism that was justified, but it was small to the amount of hate. the whole situation was blown out of proportion. she got better and put all of her energy into the performances after. she never pulled that shit again in any concert. if anything she's a way better performer now then she's ever been, and people still continue on with the Jennie lazy narrative. they don't actually care if Jennie got better. they were just looking for an opportunity to hate.

if this was just a thing where she was criticized constructively then I don't think that many would care and the whole event wouldn't have been as big as it was. but it wasn't. it was the complete opposite of constructive criticism and went way to far.
First of all, calm down, take a breath.
I meant the constructive criticism that was justified. Not the months of hate. That was too dragged out. Like I said, she probably learned from it and that's good. She should not receive the hate now if she isn't being lazy.
But some people feel like no one should've said anything about it and that's not right. She learned from it and hopefully she gets more constructive criticism than hate.
I don't mean to hate on her but I understood how fans would've felt seeing their idol finally but then not seeing her being herself.
And like I said, YG definitely was to blame by adding fuel to the fire.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
worst time ever, i remember.. dunno what your names on akp were, i just remember @OnCloudJess / Golden_Wishes , we were trying everything we could !!

it wasnt just haters, but people from the fandom itself, so called akgaes went really *****.. slut shaming, massive twitter hate .. IT WAS HELL !!!

Most hated idol between 2018-2019..

Hell even here on KPS mod/admin itself started some bs thread about jennie being lazy.. like really.. ?
I remember, so many left kps after that thread.. why join kps when u can get the same bs in akp ..

bad times
That thread made me have actual AKP war flashbacks smh
The BP artist thread basically died after that
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
First of all, calm down, take a breath.
I meant the constructive criticism that was justified. Not the months of hate. That was too dragged out. Like I said, she probably learned from it and that's good. She should not receive the hate now if she isn't being lazy.
But some people feel like no one should've said anything about it and that's not right. She learned from it and hopefully she gets more constructive criticism than hate.
I don't mean to hate on her but I understood how fans would've felt seeing their idol finally but then not seeing her being herself.
And like I said, YG definitely was to blame by adding fuel to the fire.
sorry, but when you say that she "deserved the hate" it doesn't make me think of constructive criticism. because constructive criticism isn't supposed to be hate. and I said in my earlier posts that even I thought that Jennie was lacking and that she needed to improve in those performances. I didn't mean to sound aggressive or angry but I thought that you meant that she deserved the actual hate.
 

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
.
Joined
14 November 2018
Messages
2,778
Reactions Received
11,243
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
That thread made me have actual AKP war flashbacks smh
The BP artist thread basically died after that
yes, unfortunately :umjicry:


dont get us wrong, kps is 30249320423 times better than akp, but that thread -> wrong timing mate.. really wrong timing.. :worry:

welp, let us forget all that and hope for better in future :yes::yes:
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
sorry, but when you say that she "deserved the hate" it doesn't make me think of constructive criticism. because constructive criticism isn't supposed to be hate. and I said in my earlier posts that even I thought that Jennie was lacking and that she needed to improve in those performances. I didn't mean to sound aggressive or angry but I thought that you meant that she deserved the actual hate.
Oh no god no. Like I said, most of the hate was indeed too extreme and too much. I mean to say that she only deserved the criticism for the lazy thing. We grow out of criticism. And like I said, I imagine that doing nothing a whole year could cause her to lose her passion and love for her job
I should've rephrased it better, my bad
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i wouldn't even consider myself a blink, but i remember simply how annoying back then it was to see all these "jennie is lazy" videos in my recommendations (especially the jennie having no stage presence for 3 minutes straight or something like that which had over a million views, just what the hell was that). or these "offensive unpopular k-pop opinions" videos where people would just constantly bash jennie and use the unpopular opinion thing as an excuse. if it was constructive criticism i would understand, but i couldn't get why anyone would spend their time spreading negativity towards someone who did nothing wrong to them to the point where it affected jennie personally.
 
Last edited:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
everyday is hard being a blink but yeah Jennie getting so much hate was awful to see. you could literally see how it hit her personally.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread