There's something wrong with A.C.E's choreographies (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
With the A.C.E drought due to their military enlistment I just re-watch their stuff from time to time. And while A.C.E are amazing dancers, especially BK and Wow I just can't fathom some of the weird moves and decisions choreographers have done for their choreographies. Now I don't meant for all choreos since I really enjoy most of them.

In general the moves and parts I mean feel really disjointed and weird/random from the rest of the choreo, with no real purpose behind them but to act as a sort of filler.
I think the best example is Jun's part in 'Undercover'. I timestamped the videos for this purpose as I'm too lazy to create gifs sorrynotsorry
Now before I post the video I just want to clarify my idea of the situation. I am of the opinion that when it's your part you have to face the audience and be visible for them, else the attention gets lost for your part. You'd need a really good reason to not face the audience at your part.

Here you see Jun being in the middle, the other 4 members circling around him, blocking him, and then he's kneeling down and the other 4 are moving around him a step and then he goes up again and the other 4 shifting up/down. Like that whole sequence is just so weird to me. It's not any nice picture they are creating, there's no exciting movements. It's just a really questionable sequence of moves. Sure the part of the song is rather slow there but come on, anything else would've done a much better job

In the same song, Chan's part here - 2 members on each side, Chan in the middle completely turning around and everyone shifting forward and back a bit then 2 members go up to Chan to turn him around. Just what even? Again the part of the song is rather slow but it just feels so damn uninspiring and boring to look at.
Also this part in 'Favorite Boys'. BK spinning Donghun into oblivion. I get that it's to accompany the "brrr" rolling sound BK does but just poor Donghun. The video shows a good example of Donghun getting up from it after, there's been much more worse version of it. It just feels too chaotic imo.
But the absolute worst offender of something wrong with their choreo are the hipthrusts in 'Do It Like Me'. I'm ashamed to even bring this part up especially cuz it went viral on tiktok and A.C.E deserves to be 🤡 for it as they said they choreographed it themselves. The way they even cover their eyes - full of shame and they still do it. Just beyond words.


But to end this thread on a good note, here's some really amazing choreo's A.C.E have done



'My Lover' is self choreographed as well, such an improvement from Do It Like Me!

 
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

The_LastRomeo

Piece of My World
.
Joined
2 June 2022
Messages
17,625
Reactions Received
18,610
Website
haru-masamasa.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,256
Fandom
EXO-L/FOREVER
Pronouns
Zombie/Monster
Oh my god Do it like me lmaooooooo
On the undercover one I absolutely agree, while that part of the song was slow, the dance was still to slow to keep up with the tempo of the song
It's like they ran out of ideas
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I don’t mind the undercover parts so much tbh :susPepe:
Do it like me on the other hand :wimwim:
And as an NCT fan those parts seem well choreographed compared to some of NCTs questionable moves
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Oh my god Do it like me lmaooooooo
On the undercover one I absolutely agree, while that part of the song was slow, the dance was still to slow to keep up with the tempo of the song
It's like they ran out of ideas
I feel like the dance for Higher does all the things that Undercover does bad good. I think if you'd ask the choreographer what the meaning behind the Undercover moves was they'd just stare holes in the air
 
  • Haha
Reactions: The_LastRomeo

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,156
Reactions Received
46,819
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
180,887
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I feel like the dance for Higher does all the things that Undercover does bad good. I think if you'd ask the choreographer what the meaning behind the Undercover moves was they'd just stare holes in the air
you tagged me?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I don’t mind the undercover parts so much tbh :susPepe:
Do it like me on the other hand :wimwim:
And as an NCT fan those parts seem well choreographed compared to some of NCTs questionable moves
i dont even bother checking those out when i listen to songs like Sticker or 2 Baddies from them :yedone:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,156
Reactions Received
46,819
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
180,887
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread