Sensitive Things in Kpop fanwork I don't like (18+) (4 Viewers)

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Fanfiction and fanart are a large part of fandoms. While it happens in all types of fandoms, I'll talk about it in kpop, because I'm most well versed in it.
NSFW fanart
NSFW fanart of idols, like Vkook engaging in sex, is very uncomfortable. I don't mind as much for fictional characters because they're, well, fictional. However, these people are real, and they can easily see the fanart you're drawing. I understand maybe you draw that kind of fanart to practice anatomy, but you don't have to draw real people for that, or you can look up references that are used for that kind of stuff. If you want to draw them, at least don't post it.

Sure, some people block the artists, but that's the official accounts. They could have private accounts that you don't know about. Some people compile those works into books on Wattpad, which adds more chance of the artists seeing it. It's just uncomfortable.

Also, some people draw that kind of fanart to get off. That's just kinda weird for me. I'm not going to lie, I don't mind talking about who I'd fuck/be fucked by, but actually drawing that kind of situation with real people just rubs me the wrong way. It makes m uncomfortable because often, the art actually looks like the idol and it feels extremely weird.
NSFW fanfiction
This one doesn't bother me as much, but it's still not great. I'll read my fair share of racy fan fiction (read: VERY racy), but smut that crosses the line makes me uncomfortable. It also doesn't help that a lot of these fanfictions are about underage idols. Sure, in Korea, the official age is 16, but it's still uncomfortable to read that type of stuff, considering a lot of the readers are older than 18 and may live where the age of consent is about 18.

Underage authors also write 18+ fanfiction, which is just,,, weird to me. The idols they write about are probably 6+ years older than them, and if that situation actually happened, they would be labeled a pedo.

Now, I'm not saying I never read that shit. I've been guilty of enjoying some smut. However, when there are so many fanfictions about sensitive topics, like pedophilia, and other sensitive topics, then there's absolutely a problem. Writing about a reader/a member and Jimin getting it on, fine, I can read it or scroll past. But when I see titles or descriptions like pedophilia, dubious/no consent, etc. it makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with some people. I am no kink-shamer. But it's absolutely disgusting.

This is how I feel about it. These are just my thoughts.
 
Joined
28 May 2020
Messages
7
Reactions Received
22
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
However, these people are real, and they can easily see the fanart you're drawing.
This is the key. It's best to err on the side of caution when it comes to this. I don't really hate people who make this stuff, but I do feel disappointed when they make it knowing that it would freak out the people they're drawing/writing about.
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
But when I see titles or descriptions like pedophilia, dubious/no consent, etc.
When people write fanfictions like this I often hear them defending themselves by saying things like they're writing about their own traumas and using fiction to express that, now that's perfectly fine if they were only writing it about themselves or an original character, but you can't write about real people when it comes to this stuff. The issue isn't what you're writing, it's the real life person that you're expressing in such a terrible manner that people take issue with. For context the defense I mentioned was actually something a bts fanfic writer said, I don't remember their name and I don't remember what ship the fic was even about, but they basically wrote about one of the members (aged up) sexually abusing another member (aged down to younger than 10) and their defense was that they were sexually abused as a kid as well which apparently justifies writing a real life person as a horrific pedophile in their fanfic.

I personally don't have anything against really raunchy fanfictions or even sexual fanart, but writing real life respectable people into your stories as such a disgusting person really pisses me off. There is absolutely 0 issues with writing the exact same thing just with original characters instead so why does it need to be a real person who has to fill such a horrible role in your story?
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Eh, I’m all for nsfw fanworks, just be reasonable about it. Ex. 18+ fanfiction on ao3? Sure. The idols not gonna come across it randomly unless they specifically look for it, in which case if they’re not comfy with it then what are they doing??? Don’t like put it on twitter and @ bts_twt, that’s dumb
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,603
Reactions Received
43,662
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,477
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
if someone wants to draw things like that to practice or something, then at least i wish they wouldn't publish it for everyone to see because i'm sure most idols would feel uncomfortable seeing something like this. same goes for the fanfiction, if someone really feels the need to write about such things then it's not difficult to just use fictional names/characters. i know that's unlikely, but i can't even imagine how an idol would feel if they ever stumbled across a fanfiction which portrays them as a pedophile.
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
When people write fanfictions like this I often hear them defending themselves by saying things like they're writing about their own traumas and using fiction to express that, now that's perfectly fine if they were only writing it about themselves or an original character, but you can't write about real people when it comes to this stuff. The issue isn't what you're writing, it's the real life person that you're expressing in such a terrible manner that people take issue with. For context the defense I mentioned was actually something a bts fanfic writer said, I don't remember their name and I don't remember what ship the fic was even about, but they basically wrote about one of the members (aged up) sexually abusing another member (aged down to younger than 10) and their defense was that they were sexually abused as a kid as well which apparently justifies writing a real life person as a horrific pedophile in their fanfic.

I personally don't have anything against really raunchy fanfictions or even sexual fanart, but writing real life respectable people into your stories as such a disgusting person really pisses me off. There is absolutely 0 issues with writing the exact same thing just with original characters instead so why does it need to be a real person who has to fill such a horrible role in your story?
Exactly. Like, as I said, even if it was a character already existing, like in a fictitious book, I would mind as much since it's fictional. But these are real people. I don't mind raunchy stuff. But writing actual problems onto real people is disgusting.
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Eh, I’m all for nsfw fanworks, just be reasonable about it. Ex. 18+ fanfiction on ao3? Sure. The idols not gonna come across it randomly unless they specifically look for it, in which case if they’re not comfy with it then what are they doing??? Don’t like put it on twitter and @ bts_twt, that’s dumb
Yeah, I see your point as well. Though the nsfw fanart, I find most often on twitter, which idols are probably on a bit. Fanfiction, I don't care about as much unless it's actually like, despicable actions they're writing. And this stuff is actually really easy to stumble upon on ao3.

There are people that actually @ the kpop idols in their 18+ fanart????
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
if someone wants to draw things like that to practice or something, then at least i wish they wouldn't publish it for everyone to see because i'm sure most idols would feel uncomfortable seeing something like this. same goes for the fanfiction, if someone really feels the need to write about such things then it's not difficult to just use fictional names/characters. i know that's unlikely, but i can't even imagine how an idol would feel if they ever stumbled across a fanfiction which portrays them as a pedophile.
Yeah, like if you really MUST draw a real-life idol, then don't publish it. I know someone who wrote a bts fanfiction, but when she decided to publish it as a book, she changed the names and the places. I also know that writing idols into disgusting scenarios is not good. Like, sure, maybe they're not going to see it, but it's not good, and there is a chance they will.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and yeji
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Yeah, I see your point as well. Though the nsfw fanart, I find most often on twitter, which idols are probably on a bit. Fanfiction, I don't care about as much unless it's actually like, despicable actions they're writing. And this stuff is actually really easy to stumble upon on ao3.

There are people that actually @ the kpop idols in their 18+ fanart????
Ur always gonna get dummies
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
honestly... idols are humans too and should be treated as such. some content should never be uploaded.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I dont usually mind unless plp are trying to show it to idols.

Edit: though i got admit that fanfics/fanart that sexualize underage idols, ship them with adult idols (like all the BangZelo stuff) and stuff like idol raping another idol.. make me rly uncomfortable
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and yeji

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
honestly... idols are humans too and should be treated as such. some content should never be uploaded.
exactly. There's nothing wrong with fanart or fanfiction, but when you're putting real people in such a light, it's weird and not good
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Willow

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I dont usually mind unless plp are trying to show it to idols.

Edit: though i got admit that fanfics/fanart that sexualize underage idols, ship them with adult idols (like all the BangZelo stuff) and stuff like idol raping another idol.. make me rly uncomfortable
Yeah, I don't mind usually, but there's a line i think
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Yeah, I don't mind usually, but there's a line i think
I don't either. For me if it's more of AU stuff i'm more liberal though, since with that I feel like it's less about the actual person and just about this character whichis based on the person if that makes sense. :dubuthink: Like if you take it to fantasy setting or sth, i'm not as disturbed than if it's in idol setting.
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I don't either. For me if it's more of AU stuff i'm more liberal though, since with that I feel like it's less about the actual person and just about this character whichis based on the person if that makes sense. :dubuthink: Like if you take it to fantasy setting or sth, i'm not as disturbed than if it's in idol setting.
Yeah, I like aus too. Idol aus just seem weirder for me. I think it's when the writers write idols into obviously wrong situations. stuff like sexual/mental/physical abuse, and it's romanticized. Even non-romanticized, it's uncomfortable
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I've never even been able to really stomach idol fanfiction. NSFW or not.
*swipes fanfiction under the bed* :ilovebread: but yeah, i can get why it's something you can't handle
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
*swipes fanfiction under the bed* :ilovebread: but yeah, i can get why it's something you can't handle
I mean... it's not so much bcs of morals etc, but...
I see idols one way.
You see an idol another.

We probably have a similar view of an idol and how they would react/act, but it isn't the same. So when in a fic an idol acts or behaves in a way that doesn't fit with the image I have of them.... it feels off to me y'know.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and daesuki

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I mean... it's not so much bcs of morals etc, but...
I see idols one way.
You see an idol another.

We probably have a similar view of an idol and how they would react/act, but it isn't the same. So when in a fic an idol acts or behaves in a way that doesn't fit with the image I have of them.... it feels off to me y'know.
yeah, i think i tend to read fanfiction i know caters to my interest, but i do avoid the ones that don't sit with me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread