This could definitely result in a misunderstanding (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
The Greek name for South Korea is νότια Κορέα, pronounced Notia Korea. I don’t know about everyone else, but if I heard that I’d automatically assume it means North Korea. Of course languages just do that sometimes, but I probably wouldn’t think to question it if I didn’t know :lisalaugh:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,189
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,742
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
That's definitely something which would bring a conversation
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Voreia Korea? lol
that sounds wht kids call other kids in the playground to make fun of their names
It comes from the Greek god Boreas, who was the northern wind :sanapray:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm not sure boreas exists in Korea Voreia or Notia
βορράς(vorras) is the basic form of north, βόρεια is the feminine form of the word for northern. Also back in ye old days in Greece, B was pronounced the same as the English B, but over time B because pronounced as V. Change the B to a V and change it from basic north to feminine form of northern and Boras becomes voreia. You just need to know about the sound shift :sanapray:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,650
Reactions Received
55,478
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
285,873
βορράς(vorras) is the basic form of north, βόρεια is the feminine form of the word for northern. Also back in ye old days in Greece, B was pronounced the same as the English B, but over time B because pronounced as V. Change the B to a V and change it from basic north to feminine form of northern and Boras becomes voreia. You just need to know about the sound shift :sanapray:
interesting

ever thought about studying linguistics like velvet since you have a fascination with language
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

The_LastRomeo

Piece of My World
.
Joined
2 June 2022
Messages
17,625
Reactions Received
18,610
Website
haru-masamasa.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,256
Fandom
EXO-L/FOREVER
Pronouns
Zombie/Monster
They knew what they were doing lol
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
interesting

ever thought about studying linguistics like velvet since you have a fascination with language
That’s too hard :lisalaugh: also I think it would be like history, where I know I’d dislike academia and study regarding history because you end up forced to specialize heavily in small areas. Which makes sense but I don’t think it’s something I would enjoy
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread