COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Sensitive This is getting out of hand (1 Viewer)

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
So, current news is that on Friday night Rayshard Brooks was shot by police at a Wendy's in ATL.

Of course, protests are still going on. That's totally fine. March away, use your voice. All good.

What's not fine is that the Wendy's is on fire (video). I don't know who did it, but.... I just feel like some people are using this serious issue to act out. First of all, the victims' families (plural for the other three from this year... and many more) are not into the extra stuff that people do; looting, setting things on fire -- this type of stuff does not help. Secondly, people are literally losing their jobs nowadays, and someone just possibly caused more people to lose their jobs by burning their workplace.

I heard that apparently there were people not from Minneapolis doing the extra stuff after George Floyd died to make them look bad, so maybe same thing? Don't know though.

Last edited:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It's usually not the residents that are the main sources of chaos. It's always people from out of city, out of state doing it, white supremacists and undercover cops being destructive and the general degenerates.

It's terrible and I hope someone starts GoFundMes for the employees

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
This is from a CNN article about the Boogaloo movement:

"Some police said they suspect that much of the rioting and looting was perpetrated not by ideological extremists, but smaller groups of criminal opportunists seeking to profit by stealing merchandise."

As a Minnesotan, what we've been finding here is that a lot of the people doing the damage are just taking advantage of the situation. The locals and out of town folks arrested for property damage seem to be majority white, so far. That also doesn't count the sheer amount of damage done by police, who slashed hundreds of tires during the unrest, as well as other acts.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
So, current news is that on Friday night Rayshard Brooks was shot by police at a Wendy's in ATL.

Of course, protests are still going on. That's totally fine. March away, use your voice. All good.

What's not fine is that the Wendy's is on fire (video). I don't know who did it, but.... I just feel like some people are using this serious issue to act out. First of all, the victims' families (plural for the other three from this year... and many more) are not into the extra stuff that people do; looting, setting things on fire -- this type of stuff does not help. Secondly, people are literally losing their jobs nowadays, and someone just possibly caused more people to lose their jobs by burning their workplace.

I heard that apparently there were people not from Minneapolis doing the extra stuff after George Floyd died to make them look bad, so maybe same thing? Don't know though.
That's why I am praying to god nothing happens because that black guy was found hanging from a tree in Palmdale. It's been ruled a suicide but you know how it goes, people are not happy with the ruling.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I have also heard that case from 2019 is blowing up where police had tased man with heart condition 4 times despite the man begging them not to and the man ended up dying. There is lot to case, but it has led to cancellation of show Live PD, who apparently filmed whole thing (didn't show it though) and didn't give the filming for police office for inside investigation for the death.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
so I see no issue with burning that crap to the ground.
there are people working there to feed to their families?
They got nothing to do with whatever the heck their CEO does or what political views they have.
They probably work there because it's the only place that would hire them.
The only thing you get is that the CEO stays rich and safe in his mansion and employees struggling to pay bills cuz they lost their jobs
So no, this is not justified. There are people who lost their jobs. You think the rich CEO would care about them? No. You think civilians would care about them? Apparently not.

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
there are people working there to feed to their families?
They got nothing to do with whatever the heck their CEO does or what political views they have.
They probably work there because it's the only place that would hire them.
The only thing you get is that the CEO stays rich and safe in his mansion and employees struggling to pay bills cuz they lost their jobs
So no, this is not justified. There are people who lost their jobs. You think the rich CEO would care about them? No. You think civilians would care about them? Apparently not.
And? You do realize there are protections in place for workers in situations like this, right? Saying I see no issues is not saying it's justified, but you don't live in the United States. People are rightfully pissed off about cops killing yet another black man, they're angry, and there are people out there willing to take advantage of that anger to commit crimes that will then be blamed on others.

Last edited by a moderator:

melancholia

i love yall <3
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I think that the Wendys being burned burns down the racial injustice that took place at that Wendys. It's a building being burned, they can repair it, but they can't give back a life they stole. It's a statement that we want racial injustice to be no more in America.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread