Sensitive ...This Sucks (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck


I'm just sad because as someone with ADHD.
And some other issues that it might be hard for me to possibly pursue a writing career.
I want to write eventually so agh.
I don't expect special accommodations but my time frames
are very messy as a result of ADHD.
And I know with writing there are deadlines which usually
cause distress and are harder for someone like me to meet
without leaps and bounds of extra effort.

Also, I did not realize this was considered Neurodivergent but that would make sense.​
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and Magician

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I just watched this video!
Yeah, the writing business is really hard and bound to a super tight schedule. :(
I don't know what I would do since I can't be medicated.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I feel like the only choice u have is to either be really lucky and get that publisher that actually lets u have the time you need or you try to do that all yourself, which I don't think happens too often?

^wrote that before hitting play on the video, what exactly is/does a agent for an author?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I feel like the only choice u have is to either be really lucky and get that publisher that actually lets u have the time you need or you try to do that all yourself, which I don't think happens too often?

^wrote that before hitting play on the video, what exactly is/does a agent for an author?
Agents essentially help sell your books to publishers. So they work to get your book out there to publishing houses, they find ways to represent your books and you so you can get the best deal out of it and as a result, they also get a good deal out of it. They basically play the middle man between the author and a publishing house.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread