Thoughts on (1 Viewer)

  • Thread starter Deleted member 74
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 856
D

Deleted member 74

This?




I saw it while scrolling through tumblr and I wonder what people here would think?
How important is it to follow your dream? Do you have a dream? What's a dream you gave up on?
Sometimes even the most possible dreams we have as children end in growing up, and realising you can't look at life with the protective lens you had back then
In our societies, people are expected to have a path to follow, a place to eventually reach, a "dream" to conquer
(In most cases, happiness/jobs/money/impressing people around you, really)
Some people have even said to me they want to go down certain paths in life simply because they don't know what else to do
Or they have a "it is what it is" attitude, either they're following expectations or just trying to make a lot of money in their lifetimes
I envy people who are lucky enough to have their genuine dreams match with the career they want to take on
The main reason I want to become a primary school teacher is because it matches my personality the best, but I wouldn't say it's my dream
There's always typical quotes around to "just be yourself" or "just enjoy life" "don't search for happiness, just be"
Not everyone is born into circumstances to even be thinking about dreams, or just "being", they have to provide themselves and move along with this fast paced world
What's funny is, we're told to enjoy the simple things, but we get looked at as if we are strange when we do just that and don't ask for anything more from life
:umwhat:This quarantine has really got me thinking over a picture set
 

igloo

cheesecake is delicious
.
Joined
31 August 2018
Messages
2,562
Reactions Received
15,940
Location
in the rain
Website
www.pinterest.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,748
Fandom
N/A
Gender
Male
Ship
I've had to readjust many of my dreams personally
as i'm unable to make a career out of any and certainly not multiple of them
but i feel that killing them outright is something that only leads to resentment
keeping them alive if only on the side of your life
is necessary to give a purpose and reason to live and struggle through life
if you're working a job without a dream why are you working it y'know
just to live?
i think desires and dreams are needed
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It's good to have dreams as things to strive for, without any there would be only apathy. But you need to be ready to adjust your dreams to fit the reality more and/or acknowledge that some of them will only stay as dreams and that's alright too. If your dream is realistic path you can follow, I say go for it, but if it's not keep it in the side.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I think dreams need to be something achievable, divided in stages of the goal

If we think only like "I wanna be famous" for example, that's too generic

Learning how other people achieved what you want and their habits is a good start, then adapt it to your reality and skill level

Also learning how to deal with failure is important. A failed experiment is just a result, its not the end of the world
 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Honestly it does happen that way. Those who make it through usually have great determination and motivation to fulfill them, however sometimes luck Is just not on your side.
For me having the capability, motivation and grades to achieve my dream meant nothing as I was faced with a difficult decision, leaving behind my siblings and focus purely on myself which meant leaving them in the hands of my paranoid schizophrenic mother, in which if another episode occurs, they would have to go into care and be seperated, I would have no home to go to or I would have to give up uni regardless. I chose to stay... Because 3 more stable people in the world was better than 3 mentally fucked up ones.
My dreams were readjusted many times until they become nothing but an alternative reality thats just how life played out for me.
I've quit life and was drawn back in, but I have small realistic dreams to build that I know I'm capable of achieving with or without outside interference.
While I was young I had no choice but to abandon my dreams, but when I came of age I did have a choice but still picked the same.. It was nice to atleast abandon my dream On my own merit though.

But for many its understandable why dreams are abandoned considering various circumstances.
 
Last edited:

perhapz

ab imo pectore
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
6,070
Reactions Received
31,387
Location
🏰 & 🍀
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I think dreams and goals is what keeps us moving. The desire of becoming something, of having something, life loses its purpose if you give up on everything and just chose to accept what is given to you.
But as for the main topic, we sometimes have dreams as kids that we don't know how (im)possible. I think it's important to, at some point of your life, face reality and chose realistic dreams/goals to persue, because if not, you might end up having a disappointing life of underachievements.
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Dreams are nice. I think that if you have one, you should definitely follow it. It may not go how you envision it, but that's life. As long as you have your short- and long-term goals, you'll be fine. Now, just saying you want to do something and waiting for it to plop in your lap without having and reaching goals, is something else.
I have dreams that just keep changing, but I don't regret the change. My career dream is to be a designer and digifab specialist. My personal dreams are getting married and having four kids. And cats. My financial dream is being well off that my kids won't have to take out loans for school.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
this is deep.

I think dreams are what you want them to be. Wanting to acchieve something and to get better is something beautiful. Having some kind of drive for things is always good.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Dreams huh....? I think they are something almost necessary, a thing that makes us better and gives us a reason to go on, but I feel like somehow the people who even talk about such things usually get made fun of or are called childish/naive.. ?? as for me, like most people, every day and as I get older, I drift farther away from my childhood dreams and become less of a person who could actually reach them... it's like the world and its people just don't allow this kind of thing.. I guess that's life? or maybe I'm just too weak and making excuses.. at the moment, it feels like my dreams are just simple wishful thinking without much faith that they will ever come true, feels like memories from a past life or something hazy like that tbh..
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jichuus and yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread