Tips for Homemade Cat Food (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
So to put it simply-I'm watching my childhood cat
for about a week and essentially she is 17-18 years old.
She possibly has a brain tumor, she doesn't eat any food my mother gives her.
She was originally on food that was for her stomach but they haven't restocked it.
So my mom has been running around trying to find a food she likes and she basically turns her nose up to everything.

She literally nibbles on a bit of wet food each day.
I know that my major deals with animals and pets but I've been rushing around
trying to find homemade recipes that are cheap and that could be good for her.

So far I'm thinking of giving her a scrambled egg treat dish.

Then some boiled chicken that is torn up, with a bit of pureed pumpkin and rice.
Maybe put some flaxseed in there too.

But any other suggestions?
I know I can work with tuna just unsure of what I could mix with it.​
 

Venomous

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,812
Reactions Received
6,362
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12,736
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
Salmon is really, really good for vitamins and essential fatty acids, some pet stores sell cans of just straight salmon in the dog or cat food isle. Otherwise you can buy canned salmon at the store, but check the ingredients first to make sure there's nothing weird added.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Salmon is really, really good for vitamins and essential fatty acids, some pet stores sell cans of just straight salmon in the dog or cat food isle. Otherwise you can buy canned salmon at the store, but check the ingredients first to make sure there's nothing weird added.
Also if you need a food suggestion, there's a brand called Nulo that is incredible.
Thanks! I'll keep this in mind when I'm shopping tomorrow for her!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Venomous

Venomous

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,812
Reactions Received
6,362
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12,736
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
Thanks! I'll keep this in mind when I'm shopping tomorrow for her!
Also a final suggestion is to maybe consider a CBD supplement (available at pet stores or online) to help with comfort and appetite.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread