to much content is a bad thing sometimes. (2 Viewers)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I know that this ironic coming from a blink who constantly complains about how yg doesn't give bp enough content every day on this forum but hear me out...

a shit ton of comebacks and a lot of content is a bad thing. for me, it is at least. I get burned out and it doesn't even feel like a "comeback" anymore... because they aren't coming back from anything. I mean hello you just came back with a full album two weeks ago and your already announcing a "comeback" for a repackage that's coming out next week?

twice in 2018 was a good example of this, comebacks back to back. I just didn't get interested in the idea of a comeback tbh because it felt like an everyday thing. not to mention the members were overworked to the bones and their fans could feel it. seriously, I'm glad that jyp has eased up on the comebacks. not to mention the quality of the releases slowly went down as the year went by.

a lot of groups with a syndrome that I like to call "middle group syndrome" struggle with this. I understand that they have to comeback more often because they don't have the support that big three groups have but at the same time there is just no hype when they actually do, at least for nonfans. they stay in the middle tier or b tier because of the fact that their comebacks are so close together and lack originality.

I personally think that two comebacks in a year is enough, as long as you give them enough songs and the right amount of content to last. this way there's still hype for the comebacks and their fans don't feel burned out. it also leaves room for other content such as solo works.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
*cough* Monsta X *cough*
they were the first group that came to mind but I didn't want to say anything to make anyone mad :we_kpopsourcing:

they perfectly embody middle group syndrome for me. like if it were an actual syndrome they would be the first group to come up if you searched it up on google
:welp:
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Ahsoka

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I think somewhere between 2-3 comebacks a year is perfect. An occasional 3 is good, if one of them is like a mini album or maybe a winter comeback y'know.

but definitely.... I feel the same about too much promotions. I get overwhelmed with stuff, I can't keep up and eventually I stop even trying to keep up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and amourpinks

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Especially if they're touring. The quality goes directly in the gutter because the vocals are strained, the bsides are mediocre and the titles are usually the same song with a different instrumental
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and amourpinks

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I understand why they give so many comebacks to some ggs though, since for them it's 7 years and bye.

Only YG is a vanguard in that aspect lol

"Ah but my fave gg will last 10 years or more"

Yeah, yeah, ofc they will :sanapray:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and amourpinks

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I honestly feel the same about that.

I would also say like 2 comebacks a year is perfect.
 
  • Like
Reactions: amourpinks

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
You know, i used to like YG's comebacks. Not the postponing stuff and not keeping deadlines they first set. But having this huge comeback and going all in when it happened. There wasn't just one mv, but 3! Tons of bsides got promoted too not just one song and that's it. Even their projects like MADE were cool. But they have lost that touch a bit, especialyl with Blackpink they are too lazy now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and amourpinks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread