Todays liberal society is hurtling towards catastrophe and not for reasons you think (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Todays society in places like america and basically all liberal areas is going to end in catastrophe
We are approaching a rise of USSR-esque rules.

Not because of conservatives, not because of racists or sexists.....
But bcs of the anti-racists, bcs of the feminists and because of the rising marxist agenda, even if most of the todays marxists aren't aware that their ideals and ideas ARE just that.... marxist.

How did the USSR come to be? Because the "oppressed" class overthrew the government and put in a system where their way is the only right way.
What is todays world heading towards? "Woke" people overthrowing the government and making it so that their way is the only right way.

How often do you see the anti-racist, feminist people of today agree that the conservative party should have the right to rule as well. Maybe even you yourself have thought that the people oppressing others should have their power taken away from them.

I am not the best person to explain this situation, if you are interested in a more in depth discussion and explanation of this by smbdy way smarter and better informed than me, read this article.

 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I blame social media honestly, I think the way all of their algorithms are set up leads to radicalisation by only showing you opinions that agree with yours, the only way you get to hear both sides of an argument is if you actively seek out the opposing opinion to yours which isn't always an easy pill to swallow plus in today's world of clickbait headlines, the most extreme polarising voices are naturally the ones that rise to the top which kind of makes it hard for anyone with a moderate or nuanced view point to get their voice heard.
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I blame social media honestly, I think the way all of their algorithms are set up leads to radicalisation by only showing you opinions that agree with yours, the only way you get to hear both sides of an argument is if you actively seek out the opposing opinion to yours which isn't always an easy pill to swallow plus in today's world of clickbait headlines, the most extreme polarising voices are naturally the ones that rise to the top which kind of makes it hard for anyone with a moderate or nuanced view point to get their voice heard.
this is why I hate sns-based news outlets and never like any political posts on SNS
The conformational bias is insane honestly
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
this is why I hate sns-based news outlets and never like any political posts on SNS
The conformational bias is insane honestly
And there is also the side of people dismissing a news outlet just bcs they lean to the right or to the left.
Like yeah..... but that doesn't make the arguments that outlet makes any less valid or worthy of being heard.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Every day I’m pushed farther and farther right lol
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Ready to loot the craft store, finally I will have enough stationary
Also I know I've said this before, but your signature is PERFECT for you
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
And there is also the side of people dismissing a news outlet just bcs they lean to the right or to the left.
Like yeah..... but that doesn't make the arguments that outlet makes any less valid or worthy of being heard.
I feel like a lot of people use news as a sort of validation,, sad honestly
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
This feels like conservative fear stoking more than anything...
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
This feels like conservative fear stoking more than anything...
While I agree it is conservative, that in my eyes doesn't make it any less valid of an opinion.


In fact did you know the founders of BLM openly have proclaimed themselves as marxists
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
While I agree it is conservative, that in my eyes doesn't make it any less valid of an opinion.


In fact did you know the founders of BLM openly have proclaimed themselves as marxists
It's fear mongering

The current times seem more reminiscent of the Red Scare that plagued the 50s and 60s. Any act of liberalism is illegitimate and taking a stance of racism is "communist"
I have a real issue when media tries to paint Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson and Woodrow Wilson as victims, delegitimizes public education in favor of charter schools and continues the rhetoric that anyone wants chaos and looting on the streets.
As a western society, America is the farthest from Marxism or communism and we've been going through a rise of conservativism and arguably far-right ideals for the last 6 years.

Do I see the baseline of "oppressor and oppressed"? Absolutely. But that is the baseline of every movement and revolution throughout history, not just Marxism
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
It's fear mongering

The current times seem more reminiscent of the Red Scare that plagued the 50s and 60s. Any act of liberalism is illegitimate and taking a stance of racism is "communist"
I have a real issue when media tries to paint Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson and Woodrow Wilson as victims, delegitimizes public education in favor of charter schools and continues the rhetoric that anyone wants chaos and looting on the streets.
As a western society, America is the farthest from Marxism or communism and we've been going through a rise of conservativism and arguably far-right ideals for the last 6 years.

Do I see the baseline of "oppressor and oppressed"? Absolutely. But that is the baseline of every movement and revolution throughout history, not just Marxism
Well I cannot definitely say on the state of how things are in america 100% since y'know.... me no live there.
but I can definitely see parallels to what is being described in the article in Estonia, where I live.

And I do think that not every aspect of the article is something I can agree with, but the overall point it is trying to get across seems accurate to me.

And this article wasn't trying to put it across that people want chaos and looting on the streets. Those are riots, not revolutions, but you cannot tell me that a very big chunk of people wouldn't be in favour for taking down the current system, even with violence.

Most people don't think about starting a revolution or even consider it possible, but a lot more would be willing to join when the spark has been lit.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Well I cannot definitely say on the state of how things are in america 100% since y'know.... me no live there.
but I can definitely see parallels to what is being described in the article in Estonia, where I live.

And I do think that not every aspect of the article is something I can agree with, but the overall point it is trying to get across seems accurate to me.

And this article wasn't trying to put it across that people want chaos and looting on the streets. Those are riots, not revolutions, but you cannot tell me that a very big chunk of people wouldn't be in favour for taking down the current system, even with violence.

Most people don't think about starting a revolution or even consider it possible, but a lot more would be willing to join when the spark has been lit.
I just don't see it. Liberals can't even be bothered to vote, let alone overthrow the government

I think most communist parties originated because there wasnt a way out and they were under oppressive governments/regimes. We just don't have that and it's been ingrained into all of us that's it's pretty impossible to get there.
I just don't see it happening or anyone advocating for it
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
In the US it seems these guys have divergences with marxists though, race is a very polarized thing there.
Even feminism and lgbt we can say that they have some disagreements.

I can say that in my country I don't trust these people at all though.

Here they go all silent when someone from left does something wrong (which isn't something rare I must say), which is why I'll never be a part of it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
as someone who wants equality for all and as part of the lgbtq I can’t help but to want change, to want to overthrow things that clearly aren’t making life fair.

I also definitely have been having a yon of feminist thoughts after watching two interesting and informative videos (one was shown even live on national tv here).

There are english subs available

 
  • Love
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
as someone who wants equality for all and as part of the lgbtq I can’t help but to want change, to want to overthrow things that clearly aren’t making life fair.

I also definitely have been having a yon of feminist thoughts after watching two interesting and informative videos (one was shown even live on national tv here).

There are english subs available

With this I'm like actually in the middle, bcs I do agree that the only real way to change shit, is to overthrow and to fight.
Just the thing is..... rebellions and revolutions are the kind of thing that are very easy to steer off the intended path and oftentimes the results aren't what the people fighting intended.

They are overall.... risky business
 
  • Love
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
With this I'm like actually in the middle, bcs I do agree that the only real way to change shit, is to overthrow and to fight.
Just the thing is..... rebellions and revolutions are the kind of thing that are very easy to steer off the intended path and oftentimes the results aren't what the people fighting intended.

They are overall.... risky business
definitely agree with you on that. it’s definitely risky and difficult but I am sure that we will reach a point where things need to change and will change and no one can stop it
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread