Appreciation Tom Holland and Zendaya are some of the best current actors (2 Viewers)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I saw that Zendaya won an Emmy for her role in Euphoria, and I also watched "The Devil All The Time" on Netflix and was just baffled by Tom.
I don't even care much about this sort of thing, for me most of the time all the actors are pretty much just the same in terms of line delivery etc. (especially in Superhero movies).
But having watched Euphoria and The Devil All The Time I was just really amazed with both of them. Especially Tom who is mostly just known for his Spiderman portrayal, it's really nice that he can do something else instead and has me hoping that he won't be typecasted in the future.
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Zendaya's Emmy acceptance speech was so cute and moving to watch, she's also the youngest actress ever to win the award for Best Lead Actress!
definitely deserved as well! Glad she got some recognition, she's been in the business for quite a while although she's still pretty young, also one of the few who was successful in getting rid of the disney stigma
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Zendaya has always been one of the best. to think how much she has grown from her disney days and how she always stayed true to her self.

she really deserves all the support
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Zendaya has always been one of the best. to think how much she has grown from her disney days and how she always stayed true to her self.

she really deserves all the support
I know right? Who would've that the girl from Shake It Up would go on to win an Emmy!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I know right? Who would've that the girl from Shake It Up would go on to win an Emmy!
exactly. she really proved everyone how talented she is and what is all in her. she is surely an actress I would look out for cause she surely will lead the newer generation of actress and actresses.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
exactly. she really proved everyone how talented she is and what is all in her. she is surely an actress I would look out for cause she surely will lead the newer generation of actress and actresses.
This definitely gives Disney Channel some clout in my opinion, for a while I feel like they've lost their touch with creating young stars in Hollywood but I think with Zendaya winning this award it goes to show that they can still churn out superstars,
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
This definitely gives Disney Channel some clout in my opinion, for a while I feel like they've lost their touch with creating young stars in Hollywood but I think with Zendaya winning this award it goes to show that they can still churn out superstars,
I kinda agree. they do have talented people at disney but after Miley and co. moved on it seems like no one really became a big name at least not the way Zendaya did
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I kinda agree. they do have talented people at disney but after Miley and co. moved on it seems like no one really became a big name at least not the way Zendaya did
& it's weird because as far as I can tell, the actors and actresses that are on the channel still have the big fan bases, it's just that the mainstream media has just stopped paying attention to them...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
& it's weird because as far as I can tell, the actors and actresses that are on the channel still have the big fan bases, it's just that the mainstream media has just stopped paying attention to them...
I guess so tho I could see Ross Lynch moving to more mainstream. He did a fantastic job as Jeffrey Dahmer in My Friend Dahmer and him playing Harvey on the new Sabrina show is a huge thing in my opinion too.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I guess so tho I could see Ross Lynch moving to more mainstream. He did a fantastic job as Jeffrey Dahmer in My Friend Dahmer and him playing Harvey on the new Sabrina show is a huge thing in my opinion too.
I'm still waiting for Sabrina Carpenter to have her moment to shine!
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm still waiting for Sabrina Carpenter to have her moment to shine!
I AM WAITING FOR THAT TOO. Girl is such a talent and she can do anything she puts her mind into.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I AM WAITING FOR THAT TOO. Girl is such a talent and she can do anything she puts her mind into.
Dove Cameron has a really pretty singing voice too plus she has that huge fan base from Descendants but I feel like their probably still too young to get into the songs she's put out recently.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Dove Cameron has a really pretty singing voice too plus she has that huge fan base from Descendants but I feel like their probably still too young to get into the songs she's put out recently.
oh yes I am so into Dove. She really has a huge following but I think she doesn't care much about the pure Disney image lmao. looking at her insta is def something
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
oh yes I am so into Dove. She really has a huge following but I think she doesn't care much about the pure Disney image lmao. looking at her insta is def something
That never really tends to go over well unless you REALLY go for it like Miley did. Look at Bella Thorne, yeah she's still in the spot light and probably making a ton of money but people don't tend to take her seriously as an actress anymore which is a shame because she's always good in whatever I see her in...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
That never really tends to go over well unless you REALLY go for it like Miley did. Look at Bella Thorne, yeah she's still in the spot light and probably making a ton of money but people don't tend to take her seriously as an actress anymore which is a shame because she's always good in whatever I see her in...
yeah that's what I think too. It surely is tough. I also think Miley was special in a lot of ways

and yeah Bella is wonderful as an actress but always tends to mess up some way or antother
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
yeah that's what I think too. It surely is tough. I also think Miley was special in a lot of ways

and yeah Bella is wonderful as an actress but always tends to mess up some way or antother
Yeah, I kinda feel like Hannah was such a big phenomenon that she would've had a successful career afterwards regardless (and that's not to diminish her achievements in any way). I think that if you want to have longevity in a post-Disney or Nickelodeon career, you have to keep the age of your audience in mind and make sure that what your doing is aging with them as well as you, do you know what I mean?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yeah, I kinda feel like Hannah was such a big phenomenon that she would've had a successful career afterwards regardless (and that's not to diminish her achievements in any way). I think that if you want to have longevity in a post-Disney or Nickelodeon career, you have to keep the age of your audience in mind and make sure that what your doing is aging with them as well as you, do you know what I mean?
totally get what you mean and yeah Miley really did that in a lot of ways and yet she kept surprising us and will continue to surprise us.
she is just a wonderful person with a lot of hear, smart and super talented.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread