Top 10 K-Pop Songs |January 2019| (1 Viewer)

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Image result for vixx waving gif


This year started off really good in my opinion. I was surprised by some of the comebacks/debuts so it was pretty hard for me to choose just 10 songs.
​

  • In these lists I include title tracks and b-sides.
  • I only include up to 2 songs per artist, I do this so there's a little bit of variety in the list.

10
Seventeen - Getting Closer


This song the MV everything about it is both rude and a blessing… It’s just… Ugh everything about it is what I’ve been so eager to see from Seventeen. The pre-chorus I feel is what really sets up the song and is probably my favorite part because it’s so intense. I’m completely biased with this opinion but this song is everything to me.
Image result for seventeen getting closer gif



9
Roh Taehyun - Love Lock


I think I prefer this song over all the others songs on his debut album because this was just the sound that I expected to hear from Taehyun. I just really enjoy the style of this song and how well Taehyun’s voice goes with it. I see Taehyun being able to tackle a lot of different concepts though in the future as he can pull off a variety of genres well.
Image result for jbj taehyun gif




8
Hyuk - Boy With a Star


I’ve actually just recently have been starting to listen to Vixx’s discography and I was really happy that Hyuk came out with this song because I really enjoyed his parts a lot in their songs. I just love how his voice is so emotional in this song and you can really tell that he’s telling a story (lyrics are also beautiful). My mom actually liked this song as well so that’s how you know this song is amazing because she’s not the biggest fan of K-pop.
Image result for vixx hyuk gif



7
Ateez - Promise


This song doesn’t really have a ‘bad’ part to me. It’s consistently moving through the verses and for me personally gets better and better the more you listen to it. Ateez seem to also really know their sound already which is great because it shows they’re confident with the type of music they want to deliver to their audience.
Related image



6
Seventeen - Home


I actually wasn’t huge about this song when first hearing it because of the fake drop in the chorus but idk why I just found myself wanting to listen to this song more and more so it’s really grown on me. I LOVED that the vocalists really got to shine in this song they really added that depth that I think they were trying to achieve with this track. I feel like Seventeen are going to do really well this year.
Animated GIF




5
Chungha - Gotta Go


My queen: Chungha… She shines so much as a soloist she can sing, dance and is such a charismatic performer. I preferred this release over her last comeback a lot more and I liked how it’s so different compared to her other releases as well.
Image result for chungha gotta go gif




4
Astro - 1 In a Million


My favorite comeback from Astro, there’s not one bad song and every track has something a little bit different to offer. The album is pure gold in my opinion and I’m probably going to buy it very soon. This song is more similar to their usual tracks so it’s pretty youthful sounding and to me it’s one that can always put me in a good mood.
Image result for astro all night gif




3
Shaun - Bad Habits


I literally know nothing about Shaun other than being told multiple times to check out his release from last year (still haven’t oops lol). I do really like this song though and he has a very nice voice.
Animated GIF




2
Astro - Roleplay


I’m dead this song is so good! I love the vibe of it and I like how the chorus slows down before picking back up slightly into the next verse. This was probably the most mature sounding song from their album and I think it’s a great song to see how far they’ve come with their musical style. I still really enjoy their older more youthful songs as I think they can do those type of concepts really well but I love seeing their more mature side in this comeback as well.
Related image




1
Oneus - Valkyrie


I… I don’t even know what to say other than this song is amazing, great pre-chorus with the guitar, great rapping and singing. The song is also always changing which I understand some people might not enjoy but I really liked how Oneus did it. It’s really going to be difficult to find another song as good or better than this because I’m obsessed and have not gone a day without listening to it since it was released. Please send help I can’t stan another group right now.
Image result for oneus kpop valkyrie gif




What was your guys' favorite release of January? And since everyone is getting really excited over this months releases which one are you looking forward to the most? I'm really, really excited for Dreamcatchers and Infinite's.
​
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Valkyrie for sure

and I like svt's new album, its really good
I really liked their new album too. :pandalove: What was your favorite song?
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Yes stan Oneus :chickill:
I forbid myself from stanning them! I already stan too many groups.:pepecry1:

I most likely will in the future, but NOT now!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Chungah :maheart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wingfrost

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread