- Joined
- 5 November 2018
- Messages
- 23,134
- Reactions Received
- 38,822
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 19,488
- Fandom
- Answer is Queen
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- She/Her
- Ship
So after forever I finally thought it was time to post my own top 100 songs of 2018! In this list I'm including Japanese releases, b-sides, and title tracks. I thought 2018 was a good year, not my favorite releases from my favorite groups but I still enjoyed a lot of releases that came out.
Let us begin :llama_cheer:
100. Between - Noir
99. Don't Be Pretty - 14U
98. Anpanman - BTS
97. Lullaby - Got7
96. Mayday - Dreamcatcher
95. Epiphany - BTS
94. Gift - Noir
93. No Better Than This - Jeong Sewoon
92. Scentist - Vixx
91. Baby - The Rose
90. Is Who - Minseo
89. Love Shot - Exo
88. Grand Bleu - 100%
87. Knock Knock(Remix) - MXM
86. Awkward Silence - Stray Kids
85. Falling In Love - Jinyoung & Hyunsoo
84. Timeless - NCT U
83. Nanana - Imfact
82. La La - Jeong Sewoon
81. Getting Closer - Seventeen
80. Sorry For My English - In2it
79. Spread My Wings - Stray Kids
78. Jealousy - Monsta X
77. Take Me Down - The Rose
76. Treasure - Ateez
75. Hot Potato - N.Flying
74. Good Evening - SHINee
73. Bboom Bboom - Momoland
72. Different - Woodz
71. Seoul Night - Teen Top
70. Starry Night - Mamamoo
69. You and I - Dreamcatcher
68. I Want You - SHINee
67. Feeling - UNB
66. Answer: Love Myself - BTS
65. Call My Name - Kim Donghan
64. Roller Coaster - Chungha
63. Blooming Day - EXO-CBX
62. La Vie En Rose - IZ*ONE
61. Voices - Stray Kids
60. Travel - BOL4
59. She Bad - Myteen
58. Loved - Highlight
57. Euphoria - BTS
56. Always You - Astro
55. Thanks - Seventeen
54. Oh My - Seventeen
53. Now or Never - SF9
52. Let Go - BTS
51. True Love - Kim Sungkyu
50. Shoot Me - Day6
49. Fake Love - BTS
48. I Love You - EXID
47. Ho! - Twice
45. Sunset - Kim Donghan
44. Killing Me - iKON
43. Spotlight - Monsta X
42. I Won't Let You Go - Got7
41. Latata - (G)idle
40. Egotistic - Mamamoo
39. Baby It's U - Jeong Sewoon
38. Dejavu - Nu'est W
37. Somehow - Day6
36. Lady - Golden Child
35. I'm So Sick - Apink
34. No Air - The Boyz
33. Seesaw - BTS
32. Tell Me - Infinite
31. Shinin' - Jonghyun
30. One - Samuel
29. Bonnie N Clyde - 24K
28. Home - JBJ95
27. Love Bomb - Fromis_9
26. Help Me - Nu'est W
25. Mirror - Stray Kids
24. Who Waits For Love - SHINee
23. Sorry - Kim Sungkyu
22. Spring Breeze - Wanna One
21. Cookies - Lee Honggi
20. Countless - SHINee
19. I Promise You - Wanna One
18. Paradise - TST
17. Boss - NCT U
16. Ain't No Time - Kim Donghan
15. Your Friend - Bigflo
14. What - Dreamcatcher
13. Awake - Target
12. Complete - ONF
11. Twilight - Oh My Girl
10
Upside Down - Bigflo
I didn’t think I would enjoy this song so much, I enjoyed it when it first came out but I thought the excitement for this song would eventually die but I instead found myself coming back to it constantly. I think their voices compliment each other well and the transitions to the rap is done smoothly. Lex really held the spotlight with this track but I think it was done in a way where each member still had an important role in keeping the song moving so well and stand out on their own and I think that’s why I enjoy it so much.
9
My Flower - JBJ
I knew this song was going to be in the top 10 when creating this list. It has been one of my favorites of 2018 since first listen and it just makes me so happy. Some may not like the tropical house vibe during the chorus but I think it really adds to the song, I also think this comeback showed that JBJ was fit for different concepts as their debut was completely different from ‘My Flower’.
8
Black Dress - CLC
I really love how this song comes together, the drop is nice and CLC pulls off the concept so well. Sorn’s parts are probably my favorite (totally not biased lol) but Black Dress was a song where everyone had a moment to shine and is another track that had potential to do really well. I’m really interested in their next comeback which will hopefully happen soon.
7
Only One - UNB
It’s just so beautiful I want another song like this from them before they disband! The emotions of the song is done really well by the vocalists and was a great way for them to showcase their vocals. While I think it would have been just fine without the rap I think it still held a lot of impact in the end.
6
April Fools - Park Jimin
Jimin’s voice is really unique compared to other female vocalists that I’ve heard in K-pop so far and it compliments this sound perfectly, I really hope she sticks with this style. I really don’t have much else to say other than I really recommend listening to it if you haven’t already.
5
Call Your Name - JBJ
Ah yes, the song that made me so angry at myself for stanning this group even though I knew they wouldn’t last forever. Oh the joy of falling in love with temporary groups! Besides that, I think that this is the best from JBJ, they all sound their very best here, Sanggyun and Hyunbins rap leading up the chorus is a great build up. Also Kenta’s high note at the end is just so powerful and magnificent (again I’m totally not biased at all
4
Stay Here - Gaho
Do I need to explain why I like this song? Because Gaho + Perfect Vocals + Beautiful piano = Perfection. I think that explains it well enough :)
3
Go Away - Yong Junhyung
This was actually my favorite song for the majority of the year until just recently, I think it’s one of those songs that’s not too upbeat but still upbeat enough... if that makes any sense at all. It’s like a really relaxed upbeat type of song. Junhyung’s album was pretty good in my opinion but this was definitely my favorite out of all the tracks and I wish it and Junhyung got more attention because the song is really good and this man is too talented to be slept on.
2
Our Page - SHINee
Kings of 2018. The song is obviously very emotional and is one that probably isn’t the easiest to always listen to but it’s seriously so good. It’s extremely beautiful, yet painful, powerful and in a way can be comforting. SHINee did extremely well in 2018 with so many amazing songs from the group and great solo songs as well.
1
She's In the Rain - The Rose
The Rose gets better and better in my opinion with each comeback of theirs. I'm really curious as to when we’ll hear all the members sing in a song and not just being backup vocals but I still like their tracks nonetheless. The album is my favorite from them and I can’t wait to see them grow in the years to come, I’m so happy that I stumbled upon their debut when it first came out.
So what were your guys' favorites of 2018?
I just tagged others that I've seen doing their own top 100's and other users I thought might be interested in this thread.
@RainbowDevil @RavenHikari @Yolks @Vikki @Lowkey
@RainbowDevil @RavenHikari @Yolks @Vikki @Lowkey