Appreciation Tower of God Review? (1 Viewer)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
While y'all are doing the watch club thing that I don't wanna do cause it's an anime I have 0 interest in, I watched the entirety of Tower of God S1 in a day.

And I was both greeted to some awesome things and some questionable and unexpected elements.

I'll start off by saying that I liked it quite a bit, it had me intrigued and still does, about the entire world and how it all functions. Where all the swords are, who all the princesses are, why certain people are more powerful than others and such. The fighting even tho it wasn't really top notch had it's moments, feels like it has a lot of action for something so story driven in a sense. The art style I really liked and despite seeing that the animations in some parts were obviously a bit lacking I didn't mind it like I generally don't.
The characters are also likable and I really enjoyed some of their interactions and stuff like Rak and how they animate him being surprised, really nicely done.

I've looked at how the visual novel looks like and man does it look terrible when compared to the anime, this is one of those rare times where I can without a doubt say the anime is better in that regard.

Now to nitpick. I wish I had more time to get attached to the characters, I somehow still cared for most of them but definitely would have needed at least a few more episodes of bonding and talking and stuff to get to where some of the characters went. The story itself could have also benefited if there were more episodes as the pacing would have been better. I'm going to murder Rachel... like istg I knew she was evil the moment they showed her and her fake ass smile and that entire last episode... how can you be so selfish... I think I'll be less appalled by that bitch from Shield Hero when I watch it next.

I'm curious as to what they do for the next season especially with what seems to be a time-skip? Cause if he doesn't straight up murder her (which he won't) I'll be pissed. They definitely have me more interested than Vinland Saga's timeskip.

I'd say more but that's the jist I think

Also SKZ outro and intro were pretty good. Tho I listened to both once and than ignored them like I usually do, waste of time.​
 
Joined
3 July 2020
Messages
6
Reactions Received
3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Meh the anime was not the best let’s be honest it only got famous cause of fangirls who never really watched anime before watching it for SKZ lol I know this sounds impossible but it’s true
 
  • Like
Reactions: RainbowDevil

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Meh the anime was not the best let’s be honest it only got famous cause of fangirls who never really watched anime before watching it for SKZ lol I know this sounds impossible but it’s true
I mean it's mostly famous cause of how much Crunchyroll showed it off as their main series but yea I'm sure a lot of people watched it cause of that too.

Like a general anime it's not perfect but like I don't ask for much in my anime so it's pretty good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NASA

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Meh the anime was not the best let’s be honest it only got famous cause of fangirls who never really watched anime before watching it for SKZ lol I know this sounds impossible but it’s true
I mean it's mostly famous cause of how much Crunchyroll showed it off as their main series but yea I'm sure a lot of people watched it cause of that too.

Like a general anime it's not perfect but like I don't ask for much in my anime so it's pretty good.
Tbh, i haven't heard anyone watching Tower of God cause of Stray Kids, though there might be some why not. It's mostly popular cause the ToG is one of most popular webtoons- plp hyped it up as soon as the adaption was revealed and cause Crunchyroll marketed the shit out of it.
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
Tbh, i haven't heard anyone watching Tower of God cause of Stray Kids, though there might be some why not. It's mostly popular cause the ToG is one of most popular webtoons- plp hyped it up as soon as the adaption was revealed and cause Crunchyroll marketed the shit out of it.
Yeah i've seen a lot of anime fans become fans of Stray Kids as a result of Tower of God, but have yet to come across a Stray Kids fan to become a fan of Tower of God because of Stray Kids. I mean i'm sure there are some out there but nowhere near enough to credit Tower of God's popularity just to the group who did it's OP and ED. The vast majority of talk about Tower of God has been due to Crunchyroll and the webtoon's already existing fanbase.

My personal opinion on the anime is that it was kinda weird? Like everything has an air of mystery but it's in a kind of weird way that it was almost confusing but not quite there yet. I found the anime to be pretty decent, better than average but not exactly amazing either, but I thoroughly enjoyed it regardless. The things that stood out for me were of course the OST and also the main characters and their designs along with em and also the shipping material
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
My personal opinion on the anime is that it was kinda weird? Like everything has an air of mystery but it's in a kind of weird way that it was almost confusing but not quite there yet. I found the anime to be pretty decent, better than average but not exactly amazing either, but I thoroughly enjoyed it regardless. The things that stood out for me were of course the OST and also the main characters and their designs along with em and also the shipping material
compared to the webtoon, the anime is a lot more confusing tbh
S2 and 3 pick up a lot tho
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
compared to the webtoon, the anime is a lot more confusing tbh
S2 and 3 pick up a lot tho
I haven't read the webtoon to be able to compare it tbh but even tho the anime was confusing I still feel like I was able to understand it just enough to still be able to enjoy it. Maybe i'll read it one day too but i've literally only just started reading manga within the past week and I have a lot of manga and manhwa that I wanna get through first :sanapray:
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I haven't read the webtoon to be able to compare it tbh but even tho the anime was confusing I still feel like I was able to understand it just enough to still be able to enjoy it. Maybe i'll read it one day too but i've literally only just started reading manga within the past week and I have a lot of manga and manhwa that I wanna get through first :sanapray:
ToG is... time-confusing to catch up on to put it gently lmao
 
  • Haha
Reactions: NASA

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
ToG is... time-confusing to catch up on to put it gently lmao
:wimwim: wellll it's getting close to like 500 chapters total and i'm reading My Hero Academia right now which is up to 277 chapters currently so however long it takes me to catch up to MHA, it will be somewhat double that (assuming the chapters take around 5-10 minutes to read)

I don't mind spending that amount of time on something if i'm really into it as long as I have like a way to gauge just how much time it's gonna take me lol. One of the reasons it took me so long to start reading manga because anime episodes have a set time and I know how much time i'm gonna need to dedicate to something before I throw myself into it whereas manga or manhwa depends on my reading speed and how fast I can like absorb whats happening on the panels lol, but a few screenshots of early Tower of God panels tells me i'm not gonna have much I need to absorb so maybe I might flick thru it quicker
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
:wimwim: wellll it's getting close to like 500 chapters total and i'm reading My Hero Academia right now which is up to 277 chapters currently so however long it takes me to catch up to MHA, it will be somewhat double that (assuming the chapters take around 5-10 minutes to read)

I don't mind spending that amount of time on something if i'm really into it as long as I have like a way to gauge just how much time it's gonna take me lol. One of the reasons it took me so long to start reading manga because anime episodes have a set time and I know how much time i'm gonna need to dedicate to something before I throw myself into it whereas manga or manhwa depends on my reading speed and how fast I can like absorb whats happening on the panels lol, but a few screenshots of early Tower of God panels tells me i'm not gonna have much I need to absorb so maybe I might flick thru it quicker
tbh tog starts off confusing but it gets a lot better once you’re familiar with the lore and world
There’s a lot more fighting later on that doesn’t contribute much to the plot (tbh 65% of the hell train arc was filler) so if that simplifies things a bit
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread