Traditional food from your country? (1 Viewer)

Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
3,333
Reactions Received
8,736
Location
☼ Shine brighter than the Sun ☼
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Gender
Male
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
Also lemon tart with meringue, the french who create this needs to be bless by god and become a god himself ^

10981
 
  • Love
Reactions: Pigeon
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
3,333
Reactions Received
8,736
Location
☼ Shine brighter than the Sun ☼
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Gender
Male
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
  • Like
Reactions: Pigeon

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I have always wanted to try Pad Thai but I always chicken out last minute and go for Thai Green Curry. For some reason I'm always too scared to try it. But it looks so good. The reviews just always scare me.
I always do the same thing when I try attempt to eat something new because I'm picky. Thai Green Curry is good too though. I'm still looking at those BBQ snags though, they look so good. I have never tried it before
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suzy

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Oh really? I feel like I'd like them since I love chocolate and coconut.

And yeah, not really sure what the person who invented vegemite was thinking. It's horrible.
Honestly you might, but I just don't think it's anything special. I feel like they're just super popular because they're easy and small. We're a lazy country 😂
" croissant " with chocolat are called "pain au chocolat" ( which means chocolat bread) or "chocolatine" in some region, and if you need to talk with a french about it always say " pain au chocolat " it's the biggest debate in France

and yes it's cheese dip, it's a mix of different cheese with a little of white wine and you dip bread in it and you eat it
it's a meal that french love during the winter because it's very warm, and it's a tradition to eat this meal when you go skiing during holiday with you friends during the week end etc... to eat it
It's just called a chocolate croissant here lol.

There's a turkish breakfast dip that's similar to that but without the alcohol. It's a cheese dip as well but it has cornmeal added to it to thicken it up.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: NogaNono
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
3,333
Reactions Received
8,736
Location
☼ Shine brighter than the Sun ☼
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Gender
Male
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
Honestly you might, but I just don't think it's anything special. I feel like they're just super popular because they're easy and small. We're a lazy country 😂

It's just called a chocolate croissant here lol.

There's a turkish breakfast dip that's similar to that but without the alcohol. It's a cheese dip as well but it has cornmeal added to it to thicken it up.

Most people call it "pain au cholat " too but in some region people call it " chocolatine"
and honestly the debate is so big that it came back every year
and people always bash people who call this " chocolatine " it's really a mess x)))
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suzy

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I always do the same thing when I try attempt to eat something new because I'm picky. Thai Green Curry is good too though. I'm still looking at those BBQ snags though, they look so good. I have never tried it before
Wait really? 😲 I thought sausages was a world wide thing...?? Woah do we only have sausages in Australia?
 
  • Like
Reactions: baekk

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Wait really? 😲 I thought sausages was a world wide thing...?? Woah do we only have sausages in Australia?
I'm not sure but in Thailand we don't have those, that's why I was so surprised. How do they cook it?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suzy

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm not sure but in Thailand we don't have those, that's why I was so surprised. How do they cook it?
That's so ineresting. I always just assumed sausages were a worldwide thing. You can either fry them or cook them on the grill (BBQ). They're really popular here. Kids especially love them. I used to like them when I was younger but now that I'm older they're just tasteless honestly. You need to add a lot of sauce and salad to make it taste like something.
 
  • Like
Reactions: baekk
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
242
Reactions Received
1,326
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
UK has such basic food compared to you all ;p
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Suzy

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
That's so ineresting. I always just assumed sausages were a worldwide thing. You can either fry them or cook them on the grill (BBQ). They're really popular here. Kids especially love them. I used to like them when I was younger but now that I'm older they're just tasteless honestly. You need to add a lot of sauce and salad to make it taste like something.
I will try it, hopefully, one day. I have a child's tastebuds so I would probably like it
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suzy
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
4,096
Reactions Received
13,689
Location
Throwing rotten eggs at Pledis
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Not food/produce that grow in your country but actual dishes. Like foods that your country invented or foods that are most popular in your country. Could also be food that your country is known for. :)
Ohh lmao then nothing. nada. 0. I'm willing to admit Singapore copies their cuisine from Malaysia.

Foods we're known for? I guess Kaya toast, Congee, and Chilli crab to name a few
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suzy

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Russia has a decent amount of traditional food. One is beef stroganoff, that's probably the most popular one, along with borcht (though I think Ukraine might claim it as their own, I'm not sure). Theres also pelmei, which are like dumplings but make with thin, unleavened dough and typically boiled. They tend to be filled with meat. Theres also sirniki which I love, theyre like pancakes made with farmers cheese, or dvorog, and they're slightly sweet/vanilla flavored. Medovik is a popular desert, its made of very thin layers of honey cake and cream.

Beef stroganoff
1642001268286.png



Borcht
1642001347000.png


Pelmeni
1642001367586.png


Sirniki
1642001327540.png



Medovik
1642001192332.png
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread