Sensitive [TW: mention of sexual harassment] Thinking about when I was watching a music awards show and... (1 Viewer)

Joined
1 May 2022
Messages
1,941
Reactions Received
2,738
Location
yksi kaksi kolme sauna~~
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,054
Fandom
ATINY/KAJ stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she / her
Well... me and my family were watching my country's music awards show.
And then at one point, a female singer was performing, and she was wearing this outfit (there was also a keyboardist, who was wearing a see-through dress or something and wearing a bra underneath)


My mom then said something like "Women dress like that and then complain about sexual harassment" (or the word, she used was "sexchikane")

When my mother said that, it left a bad taste in my mouth, but I didn't tell her anything.


And unfortunately, she has said similar things before.


I feel like she is probably also going to say stuff like that, if we watch Eurovision together. (or at least, "she is wearing too revealing clothes")
I can't remember if she said stuff like that about Sissal's outfit too.


Well... I'm the kind of person, who dresses kinda modestly, but I don't go around shaming women for wearing revealing clothes.
 
Joined
21 April 2021
Messages
2,315
Reactions Received
2,105
Location
Shibuya 109
Website
iprincesita.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
90
Fandom
Groo
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I always find it sad when other women say that kind of thing. Women and girls of all ages get sexually harassed. It's never about what she's wearing, it's about the actions of the person doing the harassment.
 
Joined
6 October 2021
Messages
15,961
Reactions Received
15,086
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
69,032
Fandom
Stay
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Our moms and grandmas were raised like that. Feminism and sexual liberation is fairly new in many parts of the world. I'm sure it started as a way for the moms to protect their daughters, but some ppl still use it as a way to shame others into the same submission we were taught. "Be meek, modest and you'll get your prize".
Well here i am at 29, overweight, without a boyfriend but still get catcalled, molested and made jokes on my expense. I never dress in revealing outfits , EVER, still the way some of my coworkers talk about me seems AS IF i'm asking for it.
You can talk to her and explain ur take on it. Maybe she could understand it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RockyGoose

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
This argument hinges on the situation being that only people who dress in revealing clothes get assaulted but reality is that even children wearing normal kids clothes get assaulted so the argument instantly falls apart there.
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
Less parents are actually opposite to what you described , most share the same thought. I remember following a feminism page which mostly educated teens and adviced not to bother much with parents because at that age the mindset probably wont change .
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread