COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

TWICE Discography Overview (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Hello everyone! This thread will feature a TWICE discography overview starting from the beginning made by myself. It is going to be a place for people willing to approach this group for the first time, as I will go through the journey in a pretty comprehensive way, but also for fans to share their opinions, being part of polls and small interviews.

Please: discuss an album only after the specific overview has been released.

Cannot wait to start, sharing my favorite and least favorite tracks too! The story begins somewhere after all. 😉

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
:maheart: just generally speaking: I love Twice‘s discography so far. It‘s quite solid.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
TWICE - THE STORY BEGINS

Released date: October 20, 2015
Language: Korean

Title Song: Like Ooh-Ahh (Ooh-Ahh 하게)

Tracklist:
1. Like Ooh-Ahh (Ooh-Ahh 하게)
2. Do It Again (다시 해줘)
3. Going Crazy (미쳤나봐)
4. Truth
5. Candy Boy
6. Like a Fool

THE STORY BEGINS is the debut EP released about 4 months after the ending of the survival show "Sixteen", which lead to the making of TWICE. This extended play delivers different sounds in order to show-off TWICE's capabilities, in fact "Do It Again" is the main hip-hop song where Chaeyoung, unexpectedly, pairs up with Momo to deliver a really nice rap part. On the other hand Jihyo, Jeongyeon and Nayeon provide solid vocals throughout "Like Ooh-Ahh" and "Candy Boy". "Like a Fool" reveals to be one of the most pleasant surprises as an acoustic song and "Truth" has a catchy vibe made better by Sana's memorable pre-chorus. To me "Going Crazy" is the song that stands out the least compared to the others but, note well, it still good.

Rating: 4.3/5

My favorites: Like Ooh-Ahh (Ooh-Ahh 하게) - Truth - Like a Fool
Least favorite: Going Crazy (미쳤나봐)

MV, teasers and special videos worth watching:

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
TWICE - PAGE TWO

Released date: April 25, 2016

Title Song: Cheer Up

Tracklist:
1. Cheer Up
2. Precious Love (소중한 사랑)
3. Touchdown
4. Tuk Tok (툭하면 톡)
5. Woohoo
6. My Headphones On (Headphone 써)​

PAGE TWO is the second EP by TWICE and the first one released in 2016 under JYP Entertainment. The general concept of this mini album is deliberately meant to be joyful from start to finish. I find that two tracks in particular saved this comeback from being completely average and they are "Cheer Up" and "Precious Love", they sound complete like nothing is missing, while "Touchdown" becomes a refreshing motivating track as they appear to sing over an on-going game, reminding me of High School Musical. The second half of this extended play falls a bit short due to "Woohoo" being a bit too similar to "Touchdown" and "My Headphones On" unable to fully deliver its catchy vibe. "Tuk Tok" is the only one out of the tree that shows different layers.

I would have preferred a slightly different chorus for "Cheer Up" but every other part of the song, for me, is smooth (especially Sana, Momo's and the way Chaeyoung and Dahyun go back and forth with their lines). In conclusion I think PAGE TWO is not bad but it could have had much more potential.

Rating: 3.8/5

My favorites: Cheer Up - Precious Love (소중한 사랑)
Least favorite: Woohoo

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ReVeluv
Yay, I love this.

Going by the number of songs I enjoy per album, I definitely enjoy TSB over P2.

Tracklist:
1. Like Ooh-Ahh (Ooh-Ahh 하게)
2. Do It Again (다시 해줘)
3. Going Crazy (미쳤나봐)
4. Truth
5. Candy Boy
6. Like a Fool

LOA's MV was hilarious to me, very quirky and in good humor, mixing comedy and beauty with the macabre. The song itself was appropriately catchy, though the MV definitely caught me before the song did. Even so, it was a grower. That said, Truth was my song. When I first heard the album, that was the song I had on repeat. That love was bolstered by the dance practice for the song. Along with Truth and LOA, I enjoyed Do It Again and Like A Fool. I don't really listen to Candy Boy or going crazy.

1. Cheer Up
2. Precious Love (소중한 사랑)
3. Touchdown
4. Tuk Tok (툭하면 톡)
5. Woohoo
6. My Headphones On (Headphone 써)

This was the album that brought me to Twice before anything else. I was on a complete K-Pop hiatus when I saw the Cheer Up video in my recs (for some reason beyond me since I had NO reason to have k-pop anything in my recs). Watched it. Fell in love. I actually prefer the video and song to CU over LOA. Album-wise, though, I only liked Tuk Tok (my "Truth") and Touchdown in addition to CU. Every now and then I listen to My Headphones On if I'm in the mood.

Hmm, so it seems I like 4 songs on each album, actually. So I'll just measure my enjoyment as such:
CU > LOA - CU was my first Twice song and I found the song and video together to be very charming. Though I preferred the "dance break" of LOA to that in CU, I'm more of a listener than a watcher and I find that I prefer to hear (and sing along to) CU more.

Do It Again > Touchdown - I mean, I'm definitely hype for the spirit in Touchdown, but Do It Again's dance practice stole me. My watching that so much gives the song (which is also great) a lead on TD.

Truth > Tuk Tok - Same with Do It Again. Also, it took a second for Tuk Tok to grow on me. Even so, I'm not the biggest fan of the chorus.

Like a Fool >/= My Headphones On - I don't listen to either much, tbh, but I'd pick the ballad LAF over MHO any day.

Keep it up, I like these!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
@Tpse I am really glad that you love it! Post by post I will get closer to 2019 and the idea of having their entire discography here sounds exciting.

If you had to pick your favorite 2 songs from each overviewed album, which ones would they be?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ReVeluv
@Tpse I am really glad that you love it! Post by post I will get closer to 2019 and the idea of having their entire discography here sounds exciting.

If you had to pick your favorite 2 songs from each overviewed album, which ones would they be?
The Story Begins -- (1) Truth and (2) Like Ooh Ahh

Page Two -- (1) Cheer Up and (2) Tuk Tok

So basically for both the title and the slightly chill, groovy songs, lol.

Also, I love that you include the teasers. I've never watched all the teasers for the LOA era and they are so. hilarious. So big kudos for all you do to compile these and put them here :nekolove:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I prefer LOA and Like a fool for The story begins and Cheer up/Touchdown for Page two.

Cheer Up is my favorite Twice title track.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Also, I love that you include the teasers. I've never watched all the teasers for the LOA era and they are so. hilarious. So big kudos for all you do to compile these and put them here :nekolove:
I know right! Dahyun's the funniest to me, lmao (the beat underneath is lowkey pretty good too). Thanks for your support!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
TWICE - TWICEcoaster: LANE 1

Released date: October 24, 2016

Title Song: TT

Tracklist:
1. TT
2. 1 to 10
3. Ponytail
4. Jelly Jelly
5. Pit-A-Pat
6. Next Page
7. One in a Million

TWICEcoaster: LANE 1 is the third extended play released by TWICE and for the first time it contains a total of seven tracks. This is the kind of mini albun that I would suggest to first time listeners because it feautures different genres that can be appealing to almost everyone. "TT" is the leading title and it widely succeeds in making all nine members' qualities shine bright, not to mention how easy it is for the chorus to get stuck in your head (the MV is their most viewed too, check it out!). "1 to 10" is a nice song with a really chill vibe, "Ponytail" reveals a rock instrumental with a good chorus and "Jelly Jelly" has a nice rhythm with a fine rap part but I consider it to be my least favorite track. A great upbeat song is definitely "Pit-A-Pat", extremely cheerful and Chaeyoung contributes widely to a satisfying verse. "Next Page" is another solid song for its entire length, followed then by one of their best b-sides in my opinion, "One In A Million", which is an extremely heartfelt sincere piece of music I am so thankful for. After releasing two EPs, this is their best work.

Rating: 4.5/5

My favorites: TT - 1 to 10 - Pit-A-Pat - Next Page - One in a Million
Least favorite: Jelly Jelly

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ReVeluv
Favorites from this album: TT, Jelly Jelly, One in a Million
- Jelly Jelly, like Truth, has the added benefit of having a great dance practice...so it stuck with me. Greatly.

Others I Like: 1 to 10, Pit-A-Pat, Next Page,
Ones I Don't Listen to: Ponytail (It's not that I don't like it? It's just that I never revisited it, so I never put it on my playlist, so I actually don't even know what it sounds like. *goes and listens to it* .......I feel like I've never heard this song in my life :haylul: )

This, of course, doesn't count how much I listened to it on YT or Pandora, so.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
TWICE - TWICEcoaster: LANE 2

Released date: February 20, 2017

Title Song: Knock Knock

Tracklist:
1. Knock Knock
2. 녹아요 Ice Cream
3. TT
4. 1 to 10
5. Ponytail
6. Jelly Jelly
7. Pit-A-Pat
8. Next Page
9. One in a Million

TWICEcoaster: LANE 2 is a reissue of the previous album but with the addition of two tracks: "Knock Knock" and "녹아요 Ice Cream". "Knock Knock" is the title song and its concept is funny, cute, and all 9 members make the most out of it (the MV is fantastic, check it out!). "Ice Cream" also gets my appreciation because it is an outstanding relaxing song with sweet voices all around. If their third extended play was great, it is natural that adding two solid tracks can only make a better TWICEcoaster: LANE 1. This is their most complete album up to this moment, especially considering that there are 9 tracks.

Rating: 4.6/5

My favorites: Knock Knock - 녹아요 Ice Cream - TT - 1 to 10 - Pit-A-Pat - Next Page - One in a Million
Least favorite: Jelly Jelly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread