New MV TWICE "ONE SPARK" (1 Viewer)

Joined
7 January 2023
Messages
26,802
Reactions Received
44,452
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
158,945
There are always certain characteristic in Twice songs that I just absolutely love

1.) Since Twice has such unique vocal colors, their composers always done an incredible job utilizing each everyone's voices whether its in the chorus, the verse, the bridge, etc leaving the song sounding extremely dynamic from start to finish

2.) Incredible build up and chorus drops - you can always feel a Twice chorus coming and this one is no different. Incredible verse 1 and super catchy chorus as expected.

3.) They always end the 2nd half of the song strong. Twice use a lot of adlibs in their songs. Nayeon's vocals being unleashed at 2:35 is an eargasm.

My talented vocal queens....all hits no misses :excitedcat:
 

Faerie

I just wanna love myself, Love my weakness
.
.
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,594
Reactions Received
5,717
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
9,291
Fandom
Once
Gender
Female
Wreck
I’m legit crying. It was beautiful. The elevator is starting on their debut date and then on November 1st 2015 when jeongyeon was in the elevator (which was jeongyeon 1st bday with twice) and then finally onto ‘todays’ (2/24) then timeless ;-;
 
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
1,037
Reactions Received
1,466
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,083
Yep, after a few listens it clicks in.

Really interesting song tbh. Emotionally it's giving like three things at once. The only thing I'm not keen on is the second half of the bridge, I wish they'd stayed with the melodic vocals rather than the sort of talky thing. It's gotten better every time I've listened to it. So, a grower, which, uh, is a weird choice for a single...

The entire EP is great!!
Rush really puts a Twice spin on the trending sound. I love how, for lack of a better term, how "far eastern" the instrumental sounds. The way it transitions from part to part is really cool as well, it seems to slowly evolve rather than jump from section to section.

New New is a masterpiece. I called it when I first heard the teaser: This should have been the single! Absolutely euphoric song, quintessentially Twice. Makes me so happy I wanna tear up. The chorus is wonderful, "every single thing I DOOOOO-OOOO", damn I'm dead. I love collapsedone, y'all. He is the Twice composer to me. He really gets their signature.

Bloom... If New New is the pinnacle of "old" Twice, Bloom is the pinnacle of "new" Twice (as in, post-Taste of Love). It hits. The vocals in the bridge in particular send.

You Get Me is maybe my favourite. Wonderful unique instrumental that hits me in the feels and the way the vocals work on top of that is chef's kiss. It's a short humble little song that contains magnitudes, right? Really feels like seeing an entire life all at once. Real flashes-before-your-eyes moment. The way the vocals don't flow so much as keep "coming in" on each line is like being hit by memory after memory. I love how soft the "yoo-hoo"s are. Obviously they can deliver powerful vocals, but I think going super soft like this is actually quite a brave & self-assured choice in pop music. It's artistic!
 
Last edited:

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Very good!
:nekolove:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread