- Joined
- 26 November 2018
- Messages
- 4,551
- Reactions Received
- 12,217
- Location
- Irene's hands
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Female
I've never been fan of Twice not only because I prefer more mature and girl crush concepts but also I've always found Twice very simple when it comes to music.
Don't get me wrong, when I say simple isn't necessary good or bad but just easy to the ears. A known formula that is fun, catchy and safe to work with. So, when I noticed certain change in their concept and music on their previous releases like Fancy and Feel Special I thought that maybe Twice was finally transitioning to the musical and visual maturity.
More & More is the final step towards that growth and I want to point out and commend the fact that this change is not coming just because but like something very organic and proper. They're a well established group, their fanbase has grown as well and they passed the torch of the new gen to their younger sister group. It was time for some experimentation, the beginning of their womanhood and to allow themselves to be sexy in a way that doesn't contradict anything that came before.
In that sense, the members in the MV show a soft sexiness and the lyrics talk about someone empowered in the relationship and sure of what it wants, what surprised me in a good way.
Talking about their Bsides, I liked every single one. These were well thought as part of the album and just like the title complement the whole idea of their passage to adulthood. In particular, Don't call me again and make me go are definetely my favorites. The first one couldn't be more direct, it's a message to a ungrateful lover, while make me go is firty and spicy, something I never expected from them.
Finally, I want to say that this is one of the few GG albums that I legit enjoyed on this couple of months. Honestly, all other came out as either flat or not very cohesive with the concept they wanted to portray but More & More gave me enough motivation to get out of my laziness to write a review after ages.
9/10
@notthatmarko @lexus @TicTok_Togruta @perhapz @Ahsoka
Last edited: