Appreciation [Underrated GG Tournament] Cancelled. (2 Viewers)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Okay, so since there were so many underrated GG I had missed in the 'Who is the most underrated Girl Group in K-pop?'. I thought that maybe we can have a full tournament involving underrated Girl Groups and I mean involving all of them, or at least 32 groups (since 32 groups will have the right amount for a tournament).

So can we agree on 32 groups? That means there will be 5 rounds and possibly even 6 rounds if 3rd and 4th place happens.

Just remember, this is just a fun thing to do and shouldn't be taken too seriously.
It will also help all of the underrated teams get a bit more recognition on KPS.

I did a GG team battle tournament a few weeks ago on AKP and that was successful, so I'm hoping this one will also be quite successful.

Also, if you want to be tagged, then please say so either in this thread or message me and I will put you on the tag list (Just remember, this list will be separate to the Dreamcatcher taglist I have).

I would also like to tag @Graphics and @Graphics Lead to see if they can do banners and the creativity stuff that will involve in this tournament?

Also another rule is that the group has to be active and not disbanded.

Here are the groups that are more than likely to be involved:
Berry Good
April
Oh My Girl
Nature
GWSN
CLC
Laboum
Dreamcatcher
DIA
SONAMOO
Neon Punch
Gugudan
Elris
Saturday
Brave Girls
Crayon Pop
SunnyHill
Fromis_9
HelloVenus
KHAN
Favorite
Ladies' Code


Taglist:
Darkyoda
Golden_Wishes


Ok, so this is what I have so far, 22 groups, so I think about 10 more groups will do it!
Please say who else should go in the 32 line-up and think they are underrated.


[I'm sorry, but I have decided that the tournament will be too much and I really don't feel like doing it anymore. Thanks and sorry for everyone who had taken part already]
 
Last edited:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I'd take out Ladies Code and Playback
 
Joined
27 February 2019
Messages
153
Reactions Received
600
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I'd take out Ladies Code and Playback
I agree. I think Playback is basically "unofficially disbanded" especially since one of the members, Woolim, debuted in a new group just recently called Pink Ladies and it's more than likely my fault that they were added to this thread because I mentioned them being underexposed in the other thread (I assumed that we were talking about underrated groups in general, regardless of them being disbanded, active, or inactive) so I apologize for that!
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Pls add FAVORITE :pandasad:
Marko already put the idea through to us with the headers for your GG Tournament, it's still being discussed, kinda (ig some are sleeping or not at home rn so you'll have to wait a bit i think)
Ok, I will put in Favorite :)
That's fine, there is no rush :pandahappy: I'm happy to wait!

clc & loona
CLC are already in the list but Loona are not really underrated anymore, they proved that with the Butterfly comeback.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Ok but why Playback? I thought they were severely underrated?
Also isn't Ladies' Code still together?
Playback really underrated but also unofficially disbanded.
They've been on hiatus for almost two years and one of the members just debuted in another group.
You're right about Ladies Code though. I forgot they just had a comeback

Also, please add me to the taglist
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Playback really underrated but also unofficially disbanded.
They've been on hiatus for almost two years and one of the members just debuted in another group.
You're right about Ladies Code though. I forgot they just had a comeback

Also, please add me to the taglist
Ok, I have taken them off :)
I have put Ladies' Code back on as they did indeed make a comeback.
I have also added you to the list.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I agree. I think Playback is basically "unofficially disbanded" especially since one of the members, Woolim, debuted in a new group just recently called Pink Ladies and it's more than likely my fault that they were added to this thread because I mentioned them being underexposed in the other thread (I assumed that we were talking about underrated groups in general, regardless of them being disbanded, active, or inactive) so I apologize for that!
Let bygones be bygones :pandahappy::pandalove:
Would you like to be added to the tag list?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eclipse and Abeamus
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I'd definitely add SATURDAY!

 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
Well I wouldn't agree with excluding Loona but including Oh My Girl since Oh My Girl have Secret Garden which I think from mid tier girl groups only Lovelyz has a bigger song.

As for others there's Weki Meki and Pristin if they just have to be not disbanded and I also know S.I.S.
 
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,041
Reactions Received
4,458
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
This seems more like a nugu tournament than a contest of underrated groups, which is fine, and certainly nugus are more likely to be underrated, but a group at any level of success can still be seen as deserving more appreciation and success than it has received.

Going with the nugu theme:

Pink Fantasy
ShaFla
WekiMeki
Wanna.B
Limesoda
Dreamnote
Camila
Busters
Matilda
Rania
Laysha
Cherry on Top
Kitten Girls
H.U.B
Tweety
Girlkind
Chicangel

If we're going to add groups like Sunny Hill and Crayon Pop, which already disbanded, then how about EvoL, 4Ten, Glam, Melody Day, D-Unit, 15&, Chocolat, CocoSori, 9Muses?
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
This seems more like a nugu tournament than a contest of underrated groups, which is fine, and certainly nugus are more likely to be underrated, but a group at any level of success can still be seen as deserving more appreciation and success than it has received.

Going with the nugu theme:

Pink Fantasy
ShaFla
WekiMeki
Wanna.B
Limesoda
Dreamnote
Camila
Busters
Matilda
Rania
Laysha
Cherry on Top
Kitten Girls
H.U.B
Tweety
Girlkind
Chicangel

If we're going to add groups like Sunny Hill and Crayon Pop, which already disbanded, then how about EvoL, 4Ten, Glam, Melody Day, D-Unit, 15&, Chocolat, CocoSori, 9Muses?
Ok hang on, you're putting too much information into my small brain...what?
 
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,041
Reactions Received
4,458
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Also Oh My Girl is in the top 10 or 11 for 3rd gen girl group sales, I really don't think they're underrated in the sense that many of these other groups are, and they certainly don't fit in as a nugu either.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Also Oh My Girl is in the top 10 or 11 for 3rd gen girl group sales, I really don't think they're underrated in the sense that many of these other groups are, and they certainly don't fit in as a nugu either.
I don't really feel like doing this tournament anymore.
Thanks.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread